TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Martin3517 said:

yeah that's what it said. it's being adjudicated. and that I should hear something within 45 days.. I

I hope we hear something soon!! I think either you or @John & Rose will be the next ones voted off the island! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, BlueOrchid said:

I'm having an issue with the CEAC tracker not working. No info pops up when I put the correct case # in. Anyone else?

Yeah, I had that last week (Thursday, I think) ... but it was OK the following day. Maybe just a temporary down time.

Try again tomorrow?

Am I able to scan/send my I-134 down to my fiancé?  We are going through the consulate in Rio.  I would prefer to scan (color) and send everything via e-mail to her instead of mail.  It is $124 to mail and a crapshoot of when it will actually arrive.  Could be weeks or over a month until it would arrive which would cause us to miss the interview

We got our NVC number this morning! They received it on 23 Feb - the email said it was expedited? They might be taking pity on us poor Junies that got left behind! Praying for everyone that is still waiting xx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dekd22 said:

Am I able to scan/send my I-134 down to my fiancé?  We are going through the consulate in Rio.  I would prefer to scan (color) and send everything via e-mail to her instead of mail.  It is $124 to mail and a crapshoot of when it will actually arrive.  Could be weeks or over a month until it would arrive which would cause us to miss the interview

Dekd22, US embassy in Rio confirmed with me via e-mail they accept the form with printed signature, you dont need to send original file. 

You can also confirm or clear any doubt at ImmigrationRio@state.gov

Edited by Ay Pe
missing info

K1-

Jun/08/2017 - NOA1 - Received text/email

Nov/30/2017 - NOA2 -  Approval date

Feb/27/2018 - Interview - Approved

Apr/13/2018 - POE 

Apr/27/2018 - Wedding

AOS-

May/22/2018 - Package sent - 

Jun/11/2018 - Package rejected due to incorrect Fee

Jun/21/2018 - Package sent (again with the correct Fee)

Jul/08/2018 - NOA1

Mar/27/2019- NOA2 (interview scheduled for May 1st)

May/01/2019- Interview - Approved

May/02/2019- New card is being produced

6 hours ago, Ay Pe said:

After how long did your status changed on CEAC ? Mine is still as ready :wacko:

Mine took 24hours to change and it was at the post office on day 3 after my interview to collect it.

Edited by MarksMate

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Timeline
1 minute ago, MarksMate said:

Mine took 48hours to change and it was at the post office on day 3 after my interview to collect it.

My interview was last tuesday and my status is still as "ready" :clock:

K1-

Apr/13/2018 - POE 

Apr/27/2018 - Wedding

AOS-

Jul/08/2018 - NOA1

17 minutes ago, Ay Pe said:

Dekd22, US embassy in Rio confirmed with me via e-mail they accept the form with printed signature, you dont need to send original file. 

You can also confirm or clear any doubt at ImmigrationRio@state.gov

Ok fantastic, that will save me quite a bit of time and money in that case. If for some reason they change their minds would they outright reject the visa or allow us to send the original copy?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Dekd22 said:

Ok fantastic, that will save me quite a bit of time and money in that case. If for some reason they change their minds would they outright reject the visa or allow us to send the original copy?

They won't change their mind, in my case i had the wrong form instead of i-134 i had the i-864 form and they didn't take it. I wasn't rejected and they didnt ask for the i-134 neither, i had the last tax return and W2 with me and they said this was enough. Don't worry they won't rejects her.

She needs to have the 3 docs: i-134, Tax return, and W2. this will be enough to confirm you can support her until marriage

Edited by Ay Pe
missing info

K1-

Apr/13/2018 - POE 

Apr/27/2018 - Wedding

AOS-

Jul/08/2018 - NOA1

6 minutes ago, Ay Pe said:

They won't change their mind, in my case i had the wrong form instead of i-134 i had the i-864 form and they didn't take it. I wasn't rejected and they didnt ask for the i-134 neither, i had the last tax return and W2 with me and they said this was enough. Don't worry they won't rejects her.

She needs to have the 3 docs: i-134, Tax return, and W2. this will be enough to confirm you can support her until marriage

Ill need to focus on other proof. I make well above the poverty line but only worked July-Dec 31st in 2017 so my income looks lower on my taxes than it really is. I’m sending my taxes/w2, I-134, employee rletter, bank statement and like 7 months of pay stubs. Gonna get my mom to co-sponsor too since it appears they only care what your past taxes show 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Dekd22 said:

Ill need to focus on other proof. I make well above the poverty line but only worked July-Dec 31st in 2017 so my income looks lower on my taxes than it really is. I’m sending my taxes/w2, I-134, employee rletter, bank statement and like 7 months of pay stubs. Gonna get my mom to co-sponsor too since it appears they only care what your past taxes show 

Did the embassy specifically ask you for tax returns or a w2, or are you self employed?  If the embassy asks for either then you need them, and if you are self employed you need a tax return, but otherwise the instructions don't ask for either of them.

Edited by Bandt

5 minutes ago, Bandt said:

Did the embassy specifically ask you for tax returns or a w2, or are you self employed?  If the embassy asks for either then you need them, and if you are self employed you need a tax return, but otherwise the instructions don't ask for either of them.

They’ll ask for them and i’ll provide them of course.I mean I’m not gonna just rely on just my taxes/W2 as my sole evidence because they’d 100% reject us in that case. It’s frustrating that my tax return is the main factor in their decision because I make more than enough and it’s provable

Edited by Dekd22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys, any approved Canadians know how long it took to get your passport back from the consulate in Montreal? I need to book flights to the UK for after my interview at the end of this month, but don't know how much time to give. I'd like to travel as soon as possible. Any help much appreciated as always! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hey! So the embassy in Honduras received today our application that was approved 2/2/18 😁

One questions, hopefully someone knows the answer..

My bf lived in another country for 2 years... (Guatemala) and we did mentioned in our application. Now that I'm reviewing the docs need for interview I read that he would need to provide a police report for Guatemala as he lived there for more than 1 year...

Is this correct? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Karla vara said:

Hey! So the embassy in Honduras received today our application that was approved 2/2/18 😁

One questions, hopefully someone knows the answer..

My bf lived in another country for 2 years... (Guatemala) and we did mentioned in our application. Now that I'm reviewing the docs need for interview I read that he would need to provide a police report for Guatemala as he lived there for more than 1 year...

Is this correct? 

Check with the embassy most require it if I were you I would be safe than sorry and start working on getting that asap.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.