TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

WASHINGTON - U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has issued instructions on making inquiries with the agency's four Service Centers. Customers, community-based organizations and liaison groups should follow this guidance when inquiring about case related issues. This new process standardizes customer service and streamlines processing of customer inquiries at USCIS Service Centers. The step-by-step instructions are as follows: 

Step 1: Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283. The NCSC can assist customers, community-based organizations and liaison groups with case related inquiries. Before calling the NCSC please have available your receipt number, alien registration number, type of application filed and date filed. During your call we recommend that you take note of the following information:

-The name and/or id number of the NCSC representative

-The date and time of the call

-Any service request referral number, if a service referral on a pending case is taken

Step 2: If more than 15 days have passed since you contacted the NCSC and the issue has not been resolved or explained you can email the proper USCIS Service Center to check the status of your case.

-California Service Center: csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov

-Vermont Service Center: vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

-Nebraska Service Center: ncscfollowup.nsc@dhs.gov

-Texas Service Center: tsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

Please note: Emails should be sent to the Service Center that has jurisdiction over your case. The receipt notice will indicate EAC for the Vermont Service Center, SRC for the Texas Service Center, LIN for the Nebraska Service Center, and WAC for the California Service Center.

When contacting the Service Centers by email you will need to provide the information outlined in Step 1. If the NCSC did not issue a service request after your call, please indicate the reason the NCSC representative did not issue the request.

Step 3: In the event you do not receive a response within 21 days of contacting the appropriate Service Center, you may email the USCIS Headquarters Office of Service Center Operations by email at: SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov. You will receive a response from this email address within ten days.

For more information on USCIS and its programs, please visit our homepage.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So just an update ... Our case was received by the consulate yesterday  February 5, 2018

Package mailed USPS         : May 17, 2018 AOS ,EAD & AP

Package Delivered                : May 19, 2018

NOA 1 Email received           : May 28, 2018

NOA 1 Mail received             : June 01, 2018 ( NOA 1 date marked May 24, 2018)

Biometrics Letter Received : June 08, 2018

Biometrics date                     : June 19, 2018 

NEXT ?????????????????????????????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Foksha said:

does anyone know what it means priority date on passport. there is a section when you apply for visa and it asks about priority date. Anyone know.???

It's not relevant to us

41 minutes ago, Martin3517 said:

Did you call them first? or straight up email?

Straight up email...That way they don't have to lie to my face!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
23 minutes ago, useful89 said:

It's not relevant to us

So my question is. My fiancé is filing out the Visa and it’s one section in the application. Anyone know what it means priority date for passport ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, SM2017 said:

Okay, now we have the NOA 2, I'm kinda got a little lost on what to do next. :/

How long should we wait before we can check up with NVC to get our case number? Is 2 weeks good?

I know after that we'll be working on something every week, basically things are going to be fast.

Typically you wait a full 2 weeks. I received my case number exactly 14 days after (which was a coincidence). And yes, times have gone back to normal, which is great news for you. Once you receive your case number, they still need to process your case and send it off to the embassy. This should take a few days at most. You can check status on the CEAC Visa Status checker site. Just google that term and its one of the top links.

Once the embassy receives your case, you wait for it to say "Ready". Typically at that point you should submit the DS-160. You can do the DS-160 earlier, but it won't matter because they don't do anything with it. In MOST embassies, you need to schedule the appointment before you can schedule the medical. It just depends on your country. My fiance is out of Vietnam, and we have to wait for the packet first before we an schedule an interview then schedule the medical. My understanding is most embassies specifically say to not schedule the interview until you've received the packet.

Hope this helps!

NOA1 - June 26, 2017

NOA2 - January 17, 2018

NVC # Received - January 31, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Straight up email...That way they don't have to lie to my face!

And what did you say? Where that the bleep is going on with my case? Lol 

7 minutes ago, KBA said:

And what did you say? Where that the bleep is going on with my case? Lol 

Pretty much just that...with some fancy words and a whole bunch of numbers.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
8 hours ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

Hey guys! I haven't checked in, in a while .. so just an update.  I am still waiting for my NVC number.. my NOA2 was January 10th... so its been almost a month... just letting everyone know!   NVC says they "received" my case on January 26th.  which means it takes a little over 2 weeks for NVC to get the case (but I find this varies per case lol) and its been another 2 weeks come next Monday if I haven't received my case number.... so it will be at NVC for over two weeks  if it takes that long just to get case number. AGAIN, this varies greatly it seems.... but not as array as NOA2s...   I'm glad to see people getting NOA2s and that the process has sped up greatly for NVC numbers... hallelujah yall!  this spring is looking GOOOOOD for us all

The same here. Still waiting for our NVC case number...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Pretty much just that...with some fancy words and a whole bunch of numbers.

What kinds of numbers? Just wondering in case I decide to try it :rolleyes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.