TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gtuf22 said:

Ok so I might have a small problem, but not sure...hoping someone can help.

On the I-129f, I filled out the passport expiration date for my fiance (applicant) of April 22, 2023...but its actually April 2, 2023. Somehow they didn't catch it at the USCIS. I can now input it correctly on the DS-160, but will it cause any issues at the interview? Or does the interviewer only care about what is in the DS-160?

Not totally sure about that, but I got a new passport 2 months ago, so I'm filling out DS-160 with my new passport. Which makes me believe that they'll go off info from the DS-160. 

So I guess if they didn't catch it, fill out with the right data and I think you'll be fine....?

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Just now, Hadassah123 said:

Not totally sure about that, but I got a new passport 2 months ago, so I'm filling out DS-160 with my new passport. Which makes me believe that they'll go off info from the DS-160. 

So I guess if they didn't catch it, fill out with the right data and I think you'll be fine....?

Actually I just called Rapid Visa and they said the DS - 160 is the opportunity to update/edit any information. So it wknt affect it. I feel much more relieved.

NOA1 - June 26, 2017

NOA2 - January 17, 2018

NVC # Received - January 31, 2018

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 minute ago, Gtuf22 said:

Actually I just called Rapid Visa and they said the DS - 160 is the opportunity to update/edit any information. So it wknt affect it. I feel much more relieved.

Good! :) 

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Interview this Thursday, and fiancee doesn't wanna practice questions because she gets nervous...doesn't really help relieve my stress nor is it a good idea..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Does anyone know if you can pay the interview fee with a foreign bank account?

I-129F Sent: July 5th 2017  

I-129F NOA2: January 19th 2018

Interview date: March 8th 2018 - Result is APPROVED!!! 

POE USA: April 23rd 2018

Marriage: May 18th 2018

AOS NOA1: May 30th 2018

AOS Biometrics: June 21st 2018

EAD Received Date: June 07 2018

EAD NOA1: June 13th 2018

EAD Biometrics: July 6th 2018

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview as of October 11th 2018

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
27 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

UK Filers....

Just booked my interview (23rd Feb) and then POE should be March 16th giving me an extra week in case return of my passport is slow...

Anyway - there are 2 available appointments right now on 22nd (I have a wedding to attend that day so couldn't take one), and other than that, 26th, 27th and 18th all have a couple of slots free.

Just wanted to update you since I had the knowledge.

Hi! Do you choose when your POE will be? How many months can you delay it? Is there an expiry date?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Habitaters said:

Hi! Do you choose when your POE will be? How many months can you delay it? Is there an expiry date?

After visa is issued you have up to 6 months to travel to USA, and once here 90 days to get married. If you are bringing a K2 they have up to  a year to enter USA after visa is issued.

Edited by JSCGPV

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, vocaledge said:

UK Filers....

Just booked my interview (23rd Feb) and then POE should be March 16th giving me an extra week in case return of my passport is slow...

Anyway - there are 2 available appointments right now on 22nd (I have a wedding to attend that day so couldn't take one), and other than that, 26th, 27th and 18th all have a couple of slots free.

awesome news!  So as a uk filer do we have to submit anything to NVC?? I have read mixed things?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, jacq & ads said:

awesome news!  So as a uk filer do we have to submit anything to NVC?? I have read mixed things?

Nope! NVC will send the petitioner a letter in the mail about your case being forward to Embassy. You just need to send your fiance(e) the I-134 with supporting documents! The rest is up to the beneficiary. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, britishandusa said:

Nope! NVC will send the petitioner a letter in the mail about your case being forward to Embassy. You just need to send your fiance(e) the I-134 with supporting documents! The rest is up to the beneficiary. 

Ok great! I am the beneficiary - I see the wait for NCV has sped way up! We have the i-134 form and doc ready!  I am just want to make sure I am not slowing the process down !!!

2 hours ago, vocaledge said:

UK Filers....

wow @vocaledge You have a POE already. I am so jealous LOL congratulations!

Timeline
42 minutes ago, jacq & ads said:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Tells you exactly what you need to do as a UK beneficiary :-)

16 minutes ago, Martin3517 said:

wow @vocaledge You have a POE already. I am so jealous LOL congratulations!

Well, no approval yet, but everything booked/planned yeah - I could be there in a month - I wont be the first Junebug, but I'll be happy anyway

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.