1,031 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey everyone, just thought I'd let you know that after my interview on the 28th March I wasn't given a straight approval, they needed to follow up on police checks, after what felt like weeks and weeks and 10 days of eating my feelings the visa status on ceac was updated to issued. I've never been so happy. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2018-04-04 at 8:34 PM, Gillian90 said:

Hi everyone,

I had my interview in Montreal this morning and was approved! It was very simple and everyone at the consulate was pleasant for the most part. 

Canadians, let me know if you have any questions about the consulate, interview, etc. 

Congrats! I have my interview in Mtl April 18, I’m so nervous! 

How long did the whole process take ? And did you put any of your required documents in a folder or just leave them out? More details then better :):)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, LisaandJoe said:

Congrats! I have my interview in Mtl April 18, I’m so nervous! 

How long did the whole process take ? And did you put any of your required documents in a folder or just leave them out? More details then better :):)

Oh, don't be nice nervous!! I had moments of "oh my gosh! I'm going to be sick!" But it was a breeze! Nothing to worry about!

My appt was at 7:30am (I lined up outside at approx 7:10am) and I was back in my car phoning my fiancé before 9am. They give you a number when you enter and that's the number you'll be called so the lower your number, the sooner you'll be called. But even so, I wouldn't think it would take longer than a few hours. 

I had all my documents in just a regular file folder but they give you a list when you enter (the page with your number actually is the same page as this list) listing the documents they want and the order they want them in. When you get called to the first window, you'll hand in all these documents. (Passport and colour photocopy of it, long form birth certificate and photocopy of it, police clearance, original letter of intent from petitioner, I-134 and petitioner's most recent income tax return, 2 passport photos, medical exam packet, proof of payment). I just pulled out the documents listed and held onto them and handed them in one at a time as the lady asked. 

All in all, it was much easier than I had anticipated! Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Timeline

DO we both need a police certificate or just me?

06/01/18 : Filed for AOS, EAD, AP

06/03/18 : Package delivered by USPS

06/15/18 : Received AOS AP, AND EAD NOA1 hard copies in mail

06/15/18: Received rejection letter for AP (WILL BE RE FILING)

07/02/18 : Biometrics appointment letter in mail

07/09/18 : Biometrics:D

09/10/18 AP approval in mail

09/18/18 : Received AP card in mail 

10/23/18 : Interview ready to be scheduled 

12/03/18 : NOA EAD Approval in Mail

12/07/18 : Receive EAD Card In mail

xx/xx/18 : Interview 

xx/xx/18 : Notice of Approval on I-485 in mail

xx/xx/18 : Card received in mail. Yay!:jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2018-04-06 at 8:19 PM, Gillian90 said:

Oh, don't be nice nervous!! I had moments of "oh my gosh! I'm going to be sick!" But it was a breeze! Nothing to worry about!

My appt was at 7:30am (I lined up outside at approx 7:10am) and I was back in my car phoning my fiancé before 9am. They give you a number when you enter and that's the number you'll be called so the lower your number, the sooner you'll be called. But even so, I wouldn't think it would take longer than a few hours. 

I had all my documents in just a regular file folder but they give you a list when you enter (the page with your number actually is the same page as this list) listing the documents they want and the order they want them in. When you get called to the first window, you'll hand in all these documents. (Passport and colour photocopy of it, long form birth certificate and photocopy of it, police clearance, original letter of intent from petitioner, I-134 and petitioner's most recent income tax return, 2 passport photos, medical exam packet, proof of payment). I just pulled out the documents listed and held onto them and handed them in one at a time as the lady asked. 

All in all, it was much easier than I had anticipated! Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Awesome! Thanks for all the info :) that makes me feel a lot better! 

Edited by LisaandJoe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

For those of you following my strange interview situation , and anyone else that may have info on the CEAC status check .... our interview was 3/27.... (result: need more evidence [which was returned in person same day] )  ..... the CEAC website says 4/2 case was received.... and last update was 4/6 (last Friday) but the status is the same.... can anyone decipher any of this?   I am contacting the embassy tomorrow for follow up since it will be 2 weeks since Jorge's interview....

thanks yall <3 always, much love,

lisa

Timeline
5 hours ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

For those of you following my strange interview situation , and anyone else that may have info on the CEAC status check .... our interview was 3/27.... (result: need more evidence [which was returned in person same day] )  ..... the CEAC website says 4/2 case was received.... and last update was 4/6 (last Friday) but the status is the same.... can anyone decipher any of this?   I am contacting the embassy tomorrow for follow up since it will be 2 weeks since Jorge's interview....

thanks yall <3 always, much love,

lisa

Lisa,

Try to call and get a status update - it must move off "Received"

Next step in the process is the receive an email that the VISA is ready for you to schedule a pick-up and to re-enter the Registration site

to schedule a day and time.

Its possible the email could happen before an online update of status.

Call - ask whats happening as 2 weeks have gone by.

They kept his passport - they have to act.

Let us know...good luck. 

5/30/2017: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox 

6/06/2017:  NOA1 Date

01/02/2018: NOA2  Date
01/24/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/2018: Case Number Assigned

02/12/2018: NVC Email - IN TRANSIT

No NVC Letter Received

02/17/2018:  Scheduled Interview (while still IN TRANSIT)

02/20/2018:  Embassy "READY" status

03/02/2018:  Medical Scheduled

03/06/2018: INTERVIEW Scheduled

03/06/2018: Interview - APPROVED!
03/28/2018: Visa in Hand!!!!
06/11/2018: POE USA - ATLANTA

06/18/ 2018:  MARRIED!   CHARLOTTE, NC

07/27/2018: AOS; i485, i765 & i131 Mailed

07/30/2018: NOA1 Receive Date (i485,i313, i765)

08/10/2018: NOA1 Hardcopies received.

08/16/2018: Biometrics Letter Received

08/30/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/22/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled- Electronic Notice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Tomorrow (4/10) will be one week since my fiance's interview, and our case is still "Application Received", but the CO did not request any additional information.  The CO only said that they needed to review the documentation some more.  I have my fingers crossed that we get an approval soon.

Hey guys - I had my interview in Sydney Australia on Tue 27 March, case was updated every day and then stopped on Tue 3 April (still says ‘Ready’). I sent them an email on Friday the 6th asking if there was anything else needed as I knew of two other aussies that interviewed same day and had received their visas in hand by Fri 6th. Their response received on Monday 9th was a generic reply indicating “any unforeseen circumstances can arise during processing” and told me I would get another email with tracking info when they could continue processing the case and issue my visa.

Just a thought but does anyone think maybe there is a system issue happening seeing there are people waiting more than usual wait times from all different embassies?

Edited by Rich_Alli

K-1 TIMELINE (Sydney, AUSTRALIA)

I-129F SENT:  July 6, 2017

NOA1:  July 11, 2017

NOA2:  January 18, 2018

NVC RECEIVED:  January 29, 2018

CONSULATE RECEIVED:  February 20, 2018

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED:  February 22, 2018

INTERVIEW:  March 27, 2018

VISA RECEIVED:  April 16, 2018 

U.S ENTRY:  April 20, 2018 (Vancouver – easy breezy!) 

MARRIAGE:  June 22, 2018 

I-485/I-765/I-131 TIMELINE (Tampa, FL):

AOS PACKAGE SENT:  August 4, 2018
AOS PACKAGE RECEIVED:  August 8, 2018

NOA1:  August 15, 2018

BIOMETRICS: September 5, 2018

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED:  September 27, 2018

INTERVIEW: November 1, 2018

AOS APPROVED: November 1, 2018

GREENCARD RECEIVED: November 8, 2018 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Ana Maria said:

Lisa,

Try to call and get a status update - it must move off "Received"

Next step in the process is the receive an email that the VISA is ready for you to schedule a pick-up and to re-enter the Registration site

to schedule a day and time.

Its possible the email could happen before an online update of status.

Call - ask whats happening as 2 weeks have gone by.

They kept his passport - they have to act.

Let us know...good luck. 

Ana Maria,

I got an email back saying its processing....

and it updated just now on CEAC to "administrative processing"

I feel like this is so basic and vague... can I assume we are approved and that's WHY the visa is processing?

I already emailed the embassy back asking what date we were approved and when we can expect to pick up the Visa....... 

am I good ?  lol I'm going nuts

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

Ana Maria,

I got an email back saying its processing....

and it updated just now on CEAC to "administrative processing"

I feel like this is so basic and vague... can I assume we are approved and that's WHY the visa is processing?

I already emailed the embassy back asking what date we were approved and when we can expect to pick up the Visa....... 

am I good ?  lol I'm going nuts

no...this is good.

it is processing.... and updated to the appropriate status.

I have to believe this is approval.

Hang in there - it will be little stressful as you wait...LOL

You will be good.

5/30/2017: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox 

6/06/2017:  NOA1 Date

01/02/2018: NOA2  Date
01/24/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/2018: Case Number Assigned

02/12/2018: NVC Email - IN TRANSIT

No NVC Letter Received

02/17/2018:  Scheduled Interview (while still IN TRANSIT)

02/20/2018:  Embassy "READY" status

03/02/2018:  Medical Scheduled

03/06/2018: INTERVIEW Scheduled

03/06/2018: Interview - APPROVED!
03/28/2018: Visa in Hand!!!!
06/11/2018: POE USA - ATLANTA

06/18/ 2018:  MARRIED!   CHARLOTTE, NC

07/27/2018: AOS; i485, i765 & i131 Mailed

07/30/2018: NOA1 Receive Date (i485,i313, i765)

08/10/2018: NOA1 Hardcopies received.

08/16/2018: Biometrics Letter Received

08/30/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/22/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled- Electronic Notice

Timeline
On 2018-01-21 at 2:57 AM, jspruance said:

hey all. we got noa2 approved on Jan 2 - on to nvc phase.

guess the ultimate question now is how long from noa2 to visa in hand. seems like ~3 - 3.5 months at this point. think that’s overly optimistic? 😊

I'm Canadian and we got our NOA2 on February 3 and I got my visa yesterday (April 9). I think it greatly depends on the consulate you're applying at. 

Time really does fly after the NOA2 though - collecting all the necessary documents and getting your medical done! All the sudden you'll be picking up your visa! 🎉

All the best!

Edited by Gillian90

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ana Maria said:

no...this is good.

it is processing.... and updated to the appropriate status.

I have to believe this is approval.

Hang in there - it will be little stressful as you wait...LOL

You will be good.

GLORY !  thank you so much :wub:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.