pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sent our package last Thurs 1/18 thru FedEx and scheduled to be delivered by Monday 1/22.

So nice to see friends from March 2017 K-1 filers here. Again, we're all in this together! 

AOS Timeline:

Dec 18, 2017:           Married!
January 18, 2018:    Filed AOS, EAD, AP

March 1, 2018:         Biometrics 
May 24, 2018:          Interview (Approved)

June 7, 2018:           Received Green Card

ROC Timeline:

March 26, 2020:      ROC packet sent via FedEx (Phoenix Service Center)

March 31, 2020:      USCIS received the packet

April 3, 2020:          NOA received

Sept 30, 2020:       Biometric letter received (I didn't have to do it due to pandemic)

January 20 2021:   Approval letter received

January 29, 2021:      Green Card received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, j and k said:

Sent our package last Thurs 1/18 thru FedEx and scheduled to be delivered by Monday 1/22.

So nice to see friends from March 2017 K-1 filers here. Again, we're all in this together! 

oh yeah! welcome on board j and k and good luck to you. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

There's a US DHS notice in today's informed delivery -- almost certainly the biometrics appointment letter.

That's a tiny bit later than expected (NOA 1 was 1/3, so about two weeks instead of one.)

6 hours ago, j and k said:

1 hour ago, conan1234 said:

Sent package on 01/17 by usps. Check status not arrived yet but hopefully soon. Very excited to know you guys

Welcome to you both on board the AOS not so crazy yet train. :D

1 minute ago, twoDs said:

There's a US DHS notice in today's informed delivery -- almost certainly the biometrics appointment letter.

That's a tiny bit later than expected (NOA 1 was 1/3, so about two weeks instead of one.)

Wow yeah that is a bit later cause I got my biometrics letter last week and I was 1/2 for NOA1. We are right beside each other again Twos!

Filed: Country:
Timeline
6 hours ago, j and k said:

Nice welcome! We are one step closer! Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, pajobra said:

Wow yeah that is a bit later cause I got my biometrics letter last week and I was 1/2 for NOA1. We are right beside each other again Twos!

I've looked and it appears Phoenix takes quite a bit longer than Denver as far as overall processing goes, so it's probably related to that.

VJ's schedule seems to use older data, when I use recent data it's taking a lot longer, though there's only 2 reports in the past few months.

3 minutes ago, twoDs said:

I've looked and it appears Phoenix takes quite a bit longer than Denver as far as overall processing goes, so it's probably related to that.

VJ's schedule seems to use older data, when I use recent data it's taking a lot longer, though there's only 2 reports in the past few months.

lol Denver is apparently working on Dec 2016 right now. I am prepared for a huge wait lol

Got the biometrics appointment in the mail today!! Woohoo!! I am a rule follower to the core so my hubby will be going to the scheduled appointment 😂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello January filers!

I got on the mail today my whole package back and I hope you guys can help me figure something out. They stated that they rejected my i-485 (plus i-131, i-765) because of the incorrect amount.

But, as far as I know, we had to pay 1,225$ (1,140+85 for biometrics), right? Maybe they rejected because when I went to Walmart to get the money order, they couldn't do one for 1,225 so they did 2 orders (725+500).

That's the only explanation I could find. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Hello January filers!

I got on the mail today my whole package back and I hope you guys can help me figure something out. They stated that they rejected my i-485 (plus i-131, i-765) because of the incorrect amount.

But, as far as I know, we had to pay 1,225$ (1,140+85 for biometrics), right? Maybe they rejected because when I went to Walmart to get the money order, they couldn't do one for 1,225 so they did 2 orders (725+500).

Thanks!

That is surprising, I will suggest you buy your money order from USPS. I bought mine there and they usually split it into a 1000 dollars and then the balance, if what you are paying for is more than a thousand. I filed application form I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765. Everything came to 1,760 i.e: $535, $1,140 and $85. Since you are just filing I-485, EAD and AP, you are correct.. the total fees is 1225. Maybe you should call them directly or just cancel the money order from Walmart and purchase it from USPS or better still issue a check.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
Just now, DebbieWRaney said:

Hello January filers!

Thanks!

If you are inside the United States, you may pay filing, biometrics, or other fees to USCIS using a check or money order drawn from a U.S. financial institution and payable in U.S. funds. -> https://www.uscis.gov/forms/paying-uscis-fees

As I suppose Walmart is not a US financial institution...

Try with USPS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.