pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fibina said:

I was able to get my drivers license with my NOA1 in Vermont as well. I did not expect it though after 2 different people told me that I could not get a driver license with a validity longer than my I-94, which expires at the beginning of February. I was extremely lucky that the third person I talked to was familiar with the K1 rules, checked the DMV manual and found that the I-797C form from the AOS or EAD application (NOA1) is considered proof of lawful status for a K1 and he was able to give me a licence that is valid for two years. 

Best of luck!

Thanks for this piece of info.. I will make sure I ask the DMV official to check their manual thoroughly. Fingers crossed! 

7 hours ago, Kaitmarie said:

Y'all I am sweating waiting for hard copy NOA to come in! Now that I got the enotice I no longer check my email 100 times a day, now it's the mailbox!! Funny part is im not even the beneficiary, and I'm more stressed about it all than my poor husband!! Haha

Apparently posting was good luck, got the paper notice today!!

3 hours ago, Kaitmarie said:

Apparently posting was good luck, got the paper notice today!!

HAHA sometimes that is the way it works. :D 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My K1 Visa will be expiring on Feb.1st. I entered to USA last Nov.2017 and got married after 60days. Are we allowed to stay in US even our visa is expired already and waiting for our green card? Thank you!🙂☺️

2 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

My K1 Visa will be expiring on Feb.1st. I entered to USA last Nov.2017 and got married after 60days. Are we allowed to stay in US even our visa is expired already and waiting for our green card? Thank you!🙂☺️

Absolutely because we are adjusting status so we are allowed to stay plus we fulfilled the K-1 visa requirement.

2 hours ago, Eros99 said:

I need to call uscis, on one of the receipts they mistyped my middle initial. 

Ugh hope you can get that straightened asap. You would think they would edit before printing especially on official documents. But then I am the daughter of a newspaper editor and owner. LOL My Mum has accidentally unmarried people by putting in their maiden names instead of their married names. 

We finally got some snow today but just a skiff it will be gone by tomorrow. lol Its cooler today but not cold imo yet although my husband disagrees. ha He is home sick today with IBS. :( Only good thing about that is that I can take the vehicle to my first day at the library volunteer job I start at 10am today. Which I am ok with instead of walking 25 minutes in this cooler weather. Although as I pointed out to my husband I used to walk to work in -40C(-40F) daily when I lived in Northen Manitoba, Canada. lol

Any December filers haven’t hear back from USCIS yet? Filed on Dec 27th, USCIS received on Jan 2nd, check cashed on Jan 11th, but still no NOA... We didn’t file the form to let USCIS send you notifications via text and email but the NOA should be in the mail by now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
37 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

Any December filers haven’t hear back from USCIS yet? Filed on Dec 27th, USCIS received on Jan 2nd, check cashed on Jan 11th, but still no NOA... We didn’t file the form to let USCIS send you notifications via text and email but the NOA should be in the mail by now. 

I got my text around the same date your cheque was cashed 1/10 to be precise, and i haven't got my hard copies yet.  I believe you are still on the normal time frame..  you should get your hard copies this week cos i have a strong feeling mine is on its way also. 

Hang on there.. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Hi guys! Mailed our AOS,EAD and Advance Travel Parole yesterday. ✌🏻

What did you give for the reason for needing advance parole?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Guys help. Got our NoA 1 today but a rejection notice for my i765! It says that I didn’t pay the fee for it! The last I checked with the i485 instructions is that if I submitted for employment authorization and advance parole at the same time I didn’t need to pay any extra fees. What is going on?

Timeline

We mailed in our I-485 on December 28 via USPS Priority (not sure when it was delivered). Got the confirmation email and text on January 9, and the cheque was cashed on January 10. Have not received the I-797 yet, but have been checking the USCIS case status search and finally today (January 16) it updated to show they received the case on January 8.

We did not file the I-131 and I-765 at the same time as the AOS, so we are working on submitting that now.

Timeline

On the I-131, what do I put for Part 2. Application Type?

Came in on K-1 Fiance visa, and I have a pending I-485. it would be 1.d., right? Because I am not a permanent resident yet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.