pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, mecco said:

please if anyone knows any good immigration lawyer kind facilitate me with his/her contact I might have to petition my case. even though i know the IO has a the discretion to approve me or not but it is also true that such discretion must be exercised judicially and judiciously with bias or favour in this instance I think their are other external factors that had imposed itself on my case and I feel I should petition to the office in in charge for my file to be taken away from the present IO. ................. I am truly unhappy and believe me I feel like going back home. I know of a certainty them no go school reach us if no be bad government

Sup bro. I know how you feel, just give them a lil more time like a week or 2... There is nothing to worry about if there are no red flags what's so ever. If the iO doesn't like Africans or she had had negative experience with one already that's her personal problem that can't interfere with her formal decision. So either she likes it or not she has to do the right thing by law. 

BTW! Having an interview this early is a plus for you bro.. Just count your blessings and be happy. Notin do you. 

#My received date is Dec 29... Still nothing#

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
57 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Guys,
I am about to start filing for AOS and wanted to ask:

My fiance and I are getting married in a church. Do people know/have experience with using their church marriage certificate to file?
Or does USCIS only take something from the courts?

Thanks!

We got married in church. First you have to pick up marriage licence from the town office or Department of marriage where u live and give it to church along with other documents they require. Than priest\pastor after wedding is sending it back to the office. And after couple days since the wedding you can pick up the marriage certificate, we told „our lady” from town office to call us whenever she get them ready and we just picked them up. There is nothing like „church certificate”.

K1 visa adventure 

02/01/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/13/2017- NoA1 hard copy (notice date 02/07, received date 02/03)

05/05/2017- NOA2 (hard copy received by mail 05/11, no e-notification)

05/25/2017- NVC number receiveD

06/19/2017- Embassy Interview: APPROVED!

06/26/2017- POE Boston

09/02/2017- we got married!

AOS adventure

02/20/2018- AOS send via USPS

02/23/2018- AOS received 

03/14/2018- text and email notifications

03/13/2018- NOA notice date (i-485, i-131)

04/04/2018- biometrics appointment (I-485)

04/18/2018- case ready for scheduling Interview 

05/24/2018- EAD approved (expedited on 05/04)

06/01/2018- EAD delivered to me

07/30/2018- AP approved

08/01/2018- AP approval notice received in the mail

01/10/2019-  Interview- approved on the spot

01/17/2019- Green Card received by mail

ROC adventure

10/16/2020- I-751 packet sent to Phoenix,AZ

10/19/2020- delivered to AZ lockbox by USPS

11/02/2020- Notice date

11/4/2020- check cashed and text- SRC

11/10/2020- received NOA extension letter for 18 months 

12/16/2020- Case transferred to NBC

02/10/2021- New Card is Being Produced

02/24/2021- GC received in the mailbox :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
57 minutes ago, pattyandvern said:

We got married in church. First you have to pick up marriage licence from the town office or Department of marriage where u live and give it to church along with other documents they require. Than priest\pastor after wedding is sending it back to the office. And after couple days since the wedding you can pick up the marriage certificate, we told „our lady” from town office to call us whenever she get them ready and we just picked them up. There is nothing like „church certificate”.

Got it.
This makes sense. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Julia80 said:

Super confused by the DHS site right now! According to my case history my GC was being produced before my interview and a day before approval! It makes it very difficult to have faith in anything I see on that website! 😳3171D693-758F-41C9-BB51-954F30CDF668.thumb.png.8dd92f1020030b8ca66d95116c5ccfa3.png 

Also, I tried to do the usps informed delivery thing and it said they couldn’t identify me online and I have to go to the post office with ID. Anybody else have that? 

The notifications are coming upside down, same with the EAD
You need to breath, or sooner or later you will have a stroke! :P

And for USPS: Same problem for most of us immigrants. You have to do an in person verification of your identity at the post office. 

4 hours ago, simonvikih79 said:

Hey guys, is there anyone awaiting interview or has had interview at the Norflok USCIS Application Support Center, Virginia? I wanna ask how long it took from “ready to be scheduled for interview.” Until when it’s finally scheduled.

My field office is Norfolk, VA as well.
But my case still says "received". December filer.

The "ready for scheduled" status shows up for many people. You can ignore it, it says nothing. Some people have that there for months.
You will receive a "We have scheduled your interview" message once you are due! 

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
25 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

My field office is Norfolk, VA as well.
But my case still says "received". December filer.

The "ready for scheduled" status shows up for many people. You can ignore it, it says nothing. Some people have that there for months.
You will receive a "We have scheduled your interview" message once you are due! 

Good luck!

Oh, I get it! Thanks!

41 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

The notifications are coming upside down, same with the EAD
You need to breath, or sooner or later you will have a stroke! :P

And for USPS: Same problem for most of us immigrants. You have to do an in person verification of your identity at the post office. 

Hahah I know, I’m making myself crazy! I promise I’m calm now! 😂

I just thought with having health insurance, a credit card, a bank account, a phone contract, utilities, social security and a driver’s licence I’d be pretty much sorted for a online post office account! 

18 minutes ago, Julia80 said:

Hahah I know, I’m making myself crazy! I promise I’m calm now! 😂

I just thought with having health insurance, a credit card, a bank account, a phone contract, utilities, social security and a driver’s licence I’d be pretty much sorted for a online post office account! 

Haha, yeah you have way more than I do! 
But it's easy, you can request an in person identification, print out a barcode that comes then, go there and be done in 5 minutes. It works right away!

And... to help you calm: Once your GC comes, it comes as package! hehe I found my combocard as a surprise because it wasn't listed as letter. I didn't see that there was a (1) by packages. 

Ah yeah and for status checks... my K1 from last year still says "Petition i129f received" :D And for my EAD/AP all 4 trackers are stating different things.
You got an approval info, so you're good. 
Promise me to close those trackers now :D :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Haha, yeah you have way more than I do! 
But it's easy, you can request an in person identification, print out a barcode that comes then, go there and be done in 5 minutes. It works right away!

And... to help you calm: Once your GC comes, it comes as package! hehe I found my combocard as a surprise because it wasn't listed as letter. I didn't see that there was a (1) by packages. 

Ah yeah and for status checks... my K1 from last year still says "Petition i129f received" :D And for my EAD/AP all 4 trackers are stating different things.
You got an approval info, so you're good. 
Promise me to close those trackers now :D :D

I asked my husband to do his informed delivery. When I tried informed delivery I wrote my married name on it (silly me) but when I went to the post office they asked me to show a document stating that was my legal name and I didn't have any at that time. So my husband sat down at the post office and did his in less than 5min online. :)

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

3 hours ago, DebbieWRaney said:

I asked my husband to do his informed delivery. When I tried informed delivery I wrote my married name on it (silly me) but when I went to the post office they asked me to show a document stating that was my legal name and I didn't have any at that time. So my husband sat down at the post office and did his in less than 5min online. :)

Yeah I did my married name as well! And then showed up at the post office with my passport and military ID in maiden name, social in married name, one letter from USCIS, our lease in married name and a desperate helpless face lol
So I guess the poor guy was overwhelmed and let me do it!

But I think if the USC does it, it's enough. I can see every mail for us, also my husbands. But we live in a house!

Just came back from our interview in LA. And we got approved right away.

The IO told me I will get the card in the mail in 2-3 weeks and it's a conditional one for 2 years and etc. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Good news will come soon!

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
14 hours ago, Orkey said:

Sup bro. I know how you feel, just give them a lil more time like a week or 2... There is nothing to worry about if there are no red flags what's so ever. If the iO doesn't like Africans or she had had negative experience with one already that's her personal problem that can't interfere with her formal decision. So either she likes it or not she has to do the right thing by law. 

BTW! Having an interview this early is a plus for you bro.. Just count your blessings and be happy. Notin do you. 

#My received date is Dec 29... Still nothing#

Hi @mecco and @orkey, as regards mecco's case I keep thinking the slight discrepancy in the number of his children might be the reason for the non-approval of his case yet...

These guys look out for just about anything to frustrate one's case.

If it keeps lingering for too long I'd suggest he contracts an immigration attorney or a legal rep..

Edited by Seihu

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
9 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

Just came back from our interview in LA. And we got approved right away.

The IO told me I will get the card in the mail in 2-3 weeks and it's a conditional one for 2 years and etc. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Good news will come soon!

Congrats mate, please share the full interview session with the house..

2 hours ago, bestofluck said:

We arrived outside the LA USCIS office 45 mins early and waited about 15 mins to get in. The line moved fairly fast and it's only to get through security. We went up to 8th floor and handed in our interview letter to a reception window then sat in the waiting area. We waited for around 30-40 mins till the IO called my name. The IO lead us to the office area where there are at least 15 individual offices with full glass front, so you can see each couple or individual with their IOs.

The IO was very friendly, apologized for the wait and asked for our IDs, passports and my social security card which I got a few years ago. Asked us to sign a waiver for not having a lawyer present. Then the officer started with questions on the application package, full name, DOB, current and old address, yes and no questions. Then moved on to my partner with the same questions. 

After the questions from the forms, the officer asked us how, when, where we met; when did it go romantic; when we moved in together; when we decided to get married; did we meet each other's parents; who went to the wedding; am I working and when I started to work. All the questions were asked in a casual way. The office was chatting with us while asking us these questions. I feel like it was more like a "get to know you" instead of "questioning you" kind of situation. 

Then, the officer asked for joint documents, we gave the officer our joint bank statements, joint auto insurance, and joint tax return as well as some other bills with our separate names to prove we live together. I also gave the officer the updated medical form and my partner's birth certificate both original and copies. The office did not ask for any other documents.

After that, the officer asked us to pick a few photos from the photo album to keep in the file. The officer then left to make a few copies of our original documents and came back with a letter and stamped on it handed to me and welcomed me to the US. The officer explained how the two-year green card works and told me the card will arrive in about two weeks. 

Then we said goodbye but kept chatting for another 2-3 mins. 

My advice is to get all the paperwork very organized in a labeled folder for quick and clear access, be yourself, make friend (at least try) with the IO and Relax. 

Good luck again! I believe all of you waiting will get good news very soon!

Congratulations!  That is awesome!  If you don't mind me asking, which status were you adjusting from?  Thanks in advance :).

Jlj4m8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.