pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline
14 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Yeah! It will arrive soon. Mine is in error since March 29 up to now. Good luck to us

God willing.😊

What are the requirements that you need to bring for the interview?

46 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Usually they do check that! Be glad, you were lucky! 

My combocard says up to 120 days as well. I got it a week after approval.

They always give these big timeframes, so people don't come annoy after a few days. 

My AP/EAD if that’s what you mean hasn’t even been looked at yet. The IO at the interview confirmed it. 

9 minutes ago, Julia80 said:

My AP/EAD if that’s what you mean hasn’t even been looked at yet. The IO at the interview confirmed it. 

And it won't be looked, because you have skipped that entire thing. ;)

You are one lucky girl, really!

Here are October and Novemberfilers still waiting, and you skipped the entire combocard, AND you had the easiest interview EVER!
So many people who have been asked the weirdest things (like what floors do you have at home, what brand is your washing machine) in an intimidating way.... they would love to trade, believe me.

So - be happy :)

(And they give 120 days delivery time to everything, because they don't want people to annoy.)

Edited by TearsOfBabylon

Just now, TearsOfBabylon said:

And it won't be looked, because you have skipped that entire thing. ;)

Hopefully. We just got an update right now to say that our interview was completed and case must be reviewed. 😞

Just now, Julia80 said:

Hopefully. We just got an update right now to say that our interview was completed and case must be reviewed. 😞

Look one upper, I edited.

And this notice is normal too. They always do that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Julia80 said:

I dont think you realize how lucky you are to get an interview at 4 months after applying... just an fyi chicago aos appointments are currently 11.5 to 2.7 years after applying..whoever gets in prior to that is a blessing.. There are tons of people on here patiently waiting. 

Besides the fact green card trumps ead and ap. An average time to get an ead or ap card now says is 5 months you're not at that yet. Be happy. 

Edited by Marzena & Stephen

17 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Look one upper, I edited.

And this notice is normal too. They always do that.

Haha we both went and looked at our washing machine. Neither of us had a clue what make it was!

13 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

I dont think you realize how lucky you are to get an interview at 4 months after applying... just an fyi chicago aos appointments are currently 11.5 to 2.7 years after applying..whoever gets in prior to that is a blessing.. There are tons of people on here patiently waiting. 

Besides the fact green card trumps ead and ap. An average time to get an ead or ap card now says is 5 months you're not at that yet. Be happy. 

I know, and I’m sorry for complaining when other people haven’t been as lucky with the timing. A few people received their interviews all at the same time on here and a few of them have been approved already, they were able to show photos and evidence so I guess I’m just confused as to why we didn’t. It makes me nervous, like they decided not to approve so didn’t bother to ask? I know we have been extremely fortunate to receive an interview so soon. I’m panicking because we planned to take my parents to see Niagara Falls when they visit at the beginning of June as we stupidly dreamed we would get approved on the spot. My hubby is going to have to leave me on the US side whilst he takes my ma and pa over the border 😆

My aos interview is on May 29th and I plan to travel (New York to Florida) on June 2nd. Will that cause problems at the airport?

Nov 2009..............Became friends on facebook

April 2012.............Met for the 1st time

June 2012............Started dating

May 8th 2015.......I-129f sent

May 12th 2015.....I-129f received

May 14th 2015.....NOA1 hard copy notice date

May 15th 2015.....NOA1 email/text received

July 8th 2015........NOA2 email received

Sep 9th 2015........Packet 3 received

Oct 10th 2015.......Packet 3 sent

Oct 16th 2015.......Packet 4 received

Jan 28th 2016......Medical

Feb 10th 2016......Interview (Missing financial papers need to be sent) in AP

Feb 1st 2017........Missing financial papers sent & delivered

Feb 6th 2017.......Consulate requested more documents (new medical, police certificate, etc (now expired))

Mar 7th 2017.......Medical (since the 2016 one expired)

Mar 14th 2017.....New documents requested sent & delivered

May 17th 2017....Interview passed (FINALLY OMG)

May 19th 2017....Passport with k1 Visa received

Aug 26th 2017.....POE

Sept 1st 2017....Wedding

Jan 26th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 2nd 2018......Rejection

Feb 9th 2018.......Rejection letter received

Feb 10th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 20th 2018......NOA date

Mar 8th 2018........Biometrics

Apr 26th 2018......Received interview notice

May 29th 2018.....Interview (Approved!!)

June 2nd 2018.....Notification that the green card has been shipped

June 3rd 2018........Approval letter received

June 8th 2018.......Green card received

3 minutes ago, nanaaalex said:

My aos interview is on May 29th and I plan to travel (New York to Florida) on June 2nd. Will that cause problems at the airport?

I’m no expert but travelling within the US isn’t a problem. They don’t keep your passport or anything so I’m sure you’re fine to travel inside the states. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Julia80 said:

I know, and I’m sorry for complaining when other people haven’t been as lucky with the timing. A few people received their interviews all at the same time on here and a few of them have been approved already, they were able to show photos and evidence so I guess I’m just confused as to why we didn’t. It makes me nervous, like they decided not to approve so didn’t bother to ask? I know we have been extremely fortunate to receive an interview so soon. I’m panicking because we planned to take my parents to see Niagara Falls when they visit at the beginning of June as we stupidly dreamed we would get approved on the spot. My hubby is going to have to leave me on the US side whilst he takes my ma and pa over the border 😆

I didnt realize people always get approved on the spot.

I do get the travel part  that's why people aren't making travel plans lately because uscis is so wonky with timelines. 

You never know you may see a green card on the mail next week. 

5 minutes ago, nanaaalex said:

No no problems just make sure to always carry your i797 that shows your aos is pending.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
49 minutes ago, JahRyl said:

God willing.😊

What are the requirements that you need to bring for the interview?

I will start to find and compile all the requirements or proof we have.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, lafe4c said:

Same here, got the approval notice today. Just got the message that my card has been mailed

2 hours ago, Jakk said:

Received this i-797 approval today. And just got a notification saying that my green card has been mailed today. Super relieved. 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_10b37.jpg

Congrats! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.