mery mery

K3 visa process

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I dont t know why people is saying that K-3 dont exist anymore.If you go to there site and check processing times you can see that they do,you should send I-129F for it because it takes shorter time then your  spousal visa to  be approved,but you-need to send form  I-130 and I-129F form in same time,then when you come in US you need to send form of status adjustment and work permit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Kat123 said:

I dont t know why people is saying that K-3 dont exist anymore.If you go to there site and check processing times you can see that they do,you should send I-129F for it because it takes shorter time then your  spousal visa to  be approved,but you-need to send form  I-130 and I-129F form in same time,then when you come in US you need to send form of status adjustment and work permit

my husband was trying to do the same. but we already heard it was hard to get one. so i guess the only way to do it now is to apply for an I130 and wait  and see what would happen.

Timeline
1 minute ago, mery mery said:

my husband was trying to do the same. but we already heard it was hard to get one. so i guess the only way to do it now is to apply for an I130 and wait  and see what would happen.

I think that people here give some information that have no clue what they talking about,i think that you should send I-129F with your I-130 you cant lose anything,i dont see reason why would  be hard to get K-3 now is around 7-8 months wait for approval,just try

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kat123 said:

I think that people here give some information that have no clue what they talking about,i think that you should send I-129F with your I-130 you cant lose anything,i dont see reason why would  be hard to get K-3 now is around 7-8 months wait for approval,just try

have you tried applying for a k3 visa?! did it work with you?! that would be nice if you could share some informations with us

Timeline
Just now, mery mery said:

have you tried applying for a k3 visa?! did it work with you?! that would be nice if you could share some informations with us

No,we was planing to get married and do it but we couldn't because of some pipework that i need to file to court in my country and we r doing K1 now,but i did researched about it,usually they approve you  in same time like I-130 but because now takes a long time for I-130 this can be much fester way

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kat123 said:

No,we was planing to get married and do it but we couldn't because of some pipework that i need to file to court in my country and we r doing K1 now,but i did researched about it,usually they approve you  in same time like I-130 but because now takes a long time for I-130 this can be much fester way

@Kat123  I did submit both and as someone who does know what they are talking about - the K-3 was dead in the water - it never went anywhere.  I think everyone's voice and experience on this thread and forum are VALUABLE because each visa and immigration story is unique.  You can agree to disagree with me.

If one does submit a K-3 and start the CR/IR1 visa process at the same time.. and the i130 is approved first - which is what usually happens it merges into a IR/CR1 visa case.

Long story short @mery mery remember this is a saga with three different stages and it can for some take longer than others.. don't give up as its can cause a lot of stress and strain on your relationship.  You can do it!! 

Timeline to Immigrate to the United States of America -

Travel back to our Moroccan Home from Casa: 10/17/2014

Husband submits for vacation from Protection Civile: 10/28/2015

Husband submits for demission from Protection Civile :11/10/2014

I travel personally to the Main Office of the Protection Civile in Rabat and submit a Dolence: 12/09/2014

I travel back to the USA in preparation of the birth of our baby - 12/18/2014

Husband travels back to Rabat to the main office of the Protection Civile and meets with "Head of Human resources" and told to resubmit his vacation request - told his request will be approved by 1/15/ 2015: 1/07/2015

Husband asks commander to call main office of Protection Civile to check the status of the new vacation request and is told no one but the general can approve his request and he is on vacation: 1/28/2015

Husband stops going to work for the Protection Civile in protest: 1/29/2015

We hire a lawyer in Casablanca to help my husbands case with regards to the Protection Civile : 02/2015

Lawyer sends letter to the Main office of the Protection Civile - 02/04/2015

Our daughter is born with my husband still stuck in Morocco - 2/09/2015

Direction (Main Office) of the Protection Civile Sends out Alert Letter to my husband and my husband picks it up on- 02/13/2015

Husband goes to US Consulate to request an extension of his visa - US Consulate says they won't extend his visa however they can issue him a new one at the cost of 3000DH/ $311 -/+ and to come back the last week of the month to get his second visa- 3/08/2015

Husband returns to the US Consulate and picks up *NEW VISA* with expiration date of 09/22/2015 on: 03/26/2015

Husband's first visa expires: 04/08/2015

Protection Civile continues to pay my husband - 04/2015

The lawyer sends letters to the Ministry of the Interior - 04//2015

My husband seeks help from the Prime Minister of Morocco's political party and called the lawyer to set an appointment to check on his case: 05/6/2015

My husband seeks help from a second lawyer when the first one proves unhelpful: 05/07/2015

My husband goes to Parliment to follow up with the Prime Minister's party - set a follow up appointment at a cafe the next day: 05/08/2015

I send a letter to the Moroccan Ambassador to the United States asking for help with my husband's case (registered mail): 05/26/2015

I go to Sen. Diane Feinstein's office seeking help with my husband's demission from the Protection Civile: 05/27/2015

I go to Sen. Barbara Boxer's office seeking help with my husband's demission from the Protection Civile: 05/28/2015

My husband returns to hometown in Morocco and returned his materials, the message awaiting him says "Demission Favorable.": 06/11/2015

Lots of running around to meetings and trying to get the authorization to leave Morocco by my husband: 07/2015

Husband goes to CMN airport trying to get paperwork authorizing him to leave Morocco and with the help of some powerful people GETS THE AUTHORIZATION: 07/23/2015 :dancing:

My husband leaves Morocco and arrives in the U.S.A. and meets his daughter for the first time at SFO airport: 07/27/2015

event.png

bzBsm8.png

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lemonslice said:

Look up how many were approved in years 2015-2016-2017. Then buy yourself a lottery ticket.

I know,probably because then approval for I-130 was after few month's not like now 12-14 months

Timeline

That' what I'm saying,when I-130 gets approved K-3 is not valid anymore,but in now days for I-130 takes a year and K-3 around 8 month's, I don't see nothing wrong  for applying for it,they may should see lawyer  for best advice

Edited by Kat123

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You will be applying for the CR1 visa the spousal visa

they can and do deny at any time to anyone

married on 1st visit with knowing each other only 5 months will be looked at closely 

but the mutilple visits will help 

things that are important 

being young and able to still have children is a plus 

are you same religion?

marriage approved at by Moroccan mother?

able to afford the process?

125 % poverty guidelines for sponsorship or cosponsor to help?

do you have photos of USC and Morocco family together and can USC label the Moroccans in photos?

most important are you willing to go the distance?   over a year for 1st interview 

and possible denial and doing the documents to support a  NOIR or NOID and reapplying and goiing another year to get the visa?

Casa is more than hard / only just over 450 CR1 approved in 2016 and only 276 K1's 

good luck

allah yekbel

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kat123 said:

@marymary check on US immigratin site procesing times at California  service center for K-3

thank youu i will do so

1 hour ago, Kat123 said:

1 hour ago, mery mery said:

1 hour ago, Kat123 said:

Only one person said that the K3 doesn't exist and maybe they should have wording it differently. But the truth is the K3 has a small approval rate. Only a few hundred gets approved.

True, anyone can still apply for a K3 but the what will most likely happen is the K3 will get denied and simply converted into a CR1/IR1. Only a small percentage of K3 visas were approved in the last few years compared to the tens of thousands of the family based visa applied for. So if you still want to go the route of the K3, have at it.

The stats are on the government website.

Let me help you with the link... https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2016AnnualReport/FY16AnnualReport-TableXVIB.pdf

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Look how many K3

s were approved in the last few years compared to other visas. And as you can see it is trending down. There are less approvals every year.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2016AnnualReport/FY16AnnualReport-TableXVIB.pdf

K3 visa data.PNG

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
2 hours ago, mery mery said:

I filed for a K3, while waiting for the CR1/IR1 to be approved. Let me explain a few things:

First, the K3 petition needs the NOA1 from the I-130 Form. This means that you would first file for the CR1/IR1 with the form I-130, then wait to get the NOA1 (or Notification of Action), and finally attach it to the K3 petition (I-129F form). So as far as I've read, they are not filed together: you do one after the other.

Second, I can assure you that nowadays they don't approve K3 nor process them. Once USCIS sees the I-129F form they link it to your I-130. Later, USCIS proceeds to close the K3 petition, and you remain in line to wait for your spousal visa (IR1/CR1) approval according to your Priority Date. This is exactly what happened in my case, as well as in many others.

I've read that this has been happening since 2009, when USCIS stopped processing the K3 visas.

04/20/17 - Sent I-130 package

04/21/17 - USCIS received I-130 with PD 04/21

04/26/17 - Received hard copy of NOA1

05/26/17 - Sent K-3 package

05/31/17 - USCIS received I-129F with PD 05/31

10/16/17 - I-130 petition approved & notification of I-129F dismissal were issued

10/22/17 - NOA2 sent by E-mail to our lawyer

10/23/17 - Received hard-copies of both notifications (I-130 NOA2 & I-129F dismissal)

11/15/17 - Case was sent to DoS

11/16/17 - Received an e-mail notification of our case being sent to DoS

11/23/17 - NVC received the case (confirmed over the phone on 11/28) Case # not generated yet

12/01/17 - Got the NVC Case # & IIN over the phone

12/05/17 - AoS and IV fees paid Received Welcome letter through e-mail earlier this day.

01/02/18 - NVC packet delivered to/received by NVC

01/05/18 - SD assigned

02/05/18 - CC (First showing "At NVC" on CEAC, then called and confirmed it)

02/13/18 - Received e-mail notification of our CC and it being placed in queue for interview scheduling

02/13/18 - Just got interview date over the phone: 03/20/2018 Operator said that it was scheduled TODAY and that I'd be getting an e-mail with instructions soon

Later on the day I got the e-mail with PDF letter confirming the CC

02/16/18 - Received PDF letter indicating date of interview + instructions CEAC status showing 'In transit'

02/21/18 - CEAC status showing 'Ready'

03/05/18 - Medical exam in Lima, Peru

03/20/18 - Interview date at 10:15 am

03/24/18 - Visa on hand

03/26/18 - Paid the Immigrant Visa Fee

03/28/18 - POE LAX

03/29/18 - Form OS155A ‘Received and in process’

07/13/18 - Status changed to 'Card Is Being Produced' @ the egov.uscis.gov website

07/17/18 - Status changed to 'Card Was Mailed To Me' (this means it was placed in queue to be sent) 

On the myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov site status changed to 'Case Closed Card Is Being Produced Non-DACA'

07/18/18 - Status changed to 'Card Was Picked Up By The USPS' Tracking No. was provided

07/20/18 - Card received 114 after POE 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.