Swissmiss82

I-129F June, Part II

5,784 posts in this topic

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Naes said:

Wait create a topic here

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/159-tax-finances-during-us-immigration/

that was a j1 specific case of mine they would delete it because it would be unrelated.

edit: sorry I accidentally sent my specific topic before 

The link doesn't take me to the topic....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Day 192!  I ended up getting a tattoo last night. My first. It is a rose with dice (my nickname is “Lucky”. It also has mine and Rose’s kids name on it. I am not a tat guy but I wanted to do it. Maybe the sentimental season or the lack of any news at all from USCIS. This trip has been awesome and now Rose, William, AJ, Julia and Aira are permanently etched into both my body and soul. I have pretty much given up on seeing anything this year from USCIS but I am still content in this journey. 

We're all hoping you're having a good trip! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Joselio said:

The link doesn't take me to the topic....

You don't need a topic you create one there as that is the main page for taxes and finances :) 

On top you'll see make a new post (or something similar to that) and you can create a new one with your question 

Edited by Naes

Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

You don't need a topic you create one there as that is the main page for taxes and finances :) 

On top you'll see make a new post (or something similar to that) and you can create a new one with your question 

ok... sorry... I'm new .... :D

Sent an email to my representative.  Made sure to mention how fees have been heavily increased while processing times have also increased over 200%.  We are being punished for approaching immigration in an honest way.

49 minutes ago, Adamma Jerome said:

Is,it possible to have approvals after the midday scan ,even if there are no alerts?  June 12 Filer seeking peace of mind lol

Absolutely!  June 6 filer just seeking. Anything!!!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dekd22 said:

Sent an email to my representative.  Made sure to mention how fees have been heavily increased while processing times have also increased over 200%.  We are being punished for approaching immigration in an honest way.

I did the same. Still no reply. I sent over weekend. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Joselio said:

Hi everyone. Congrats to members who have received the NOA2.... the others like me, just wait,,,..

I have a question. My fiancee (beneficiary) is planning to bring some money (saving) from her home country. Which are the pros and cons? Do I have to report this money to IRS? Is this money considered income tax once we get married and file taxes? 

Thanks,

I read the post of @Naes in the other forum. I want to know how to transfer my savings too to US.

K1 FIANCE VISA
Met Thru Christian Dating Site - January 29, 2017
Engagement Ceremony - April 12, 2017
Packet sent - May 30, 2017
NOA 1 - June 2, 2017 (Hard Copy - June 6, 2017)
NOA 2 - November 29, 2017

NVC - January 12, 2018 (received); January 19, 2018 (in transit); January 23, 2018 (ready)

MEDICAL - February 9, 2018 (conducted exam); February 12, 2018 (approved)

INTERVIEW - February 26, 2018 (approved)

VISA ON HAND - March 7, 2018

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

Packet sent - June 24, 2018

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Biometric - July 26, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Approved - October 12, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Approved - October 12, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

DRIVERS LICENSE - December 28, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Rhunter41 do you know who will be affected by this increase? Those who already applied and waiting at the moment or the future applicants?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Birveonrty said:

I read the post of @Naes in the other forum. I want to know how to transfer my savings too to US.

Create a topic in that tax and finances part of the forum.

because the one I made was about a third persons saving on. J1 visa (it was not about me) so we can't get answer there.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Love Found said:

@Rhunter41 do you know who will be affected by this increase? Those who already applied and waiting at the moment or the future applicants?

What increase? The petition filing fee?

that was already done when we applied it send up to 535 so we can't get any more affected than this.

Hello! Can someone explain to me why the processing time says 179 days but there are people at more days n still waiting for an NOA2? How does this process work, so I can have a better understanding. Thank you! 188 days and counting... Patience is a virtue 🤗

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.