AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
19 hours ago, EilishDJ said:

We're headed to the end point. Interview date made for Feb. 27th, so we're just crossing fingers! Everything he needs from me went out in the mail yesterday, so we're just praying that everything goes according to plan. I know that applicants usually receive a yes or no at the interview, but how long after that does it usually take to get the actual visa in hand? Anyone know?

Us too! Interview date is February 22nd. It's overwhelming and exciting to be at this point, isn't it? Feels like we've waited forever, and so much time was spent being idle. Now it feels like a race to the finish line. :P Good luck to you guys!

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Anita27 said:

Congrats!!!! My interview is on the 22nd of February! Fingers crossed! How was the interview? Did it take long or no? Many questions or no? Thanks beforehand :)

Thank you so much! The interview was great because I had a cheerful CO. You will never feel nervous at all when talking to an officer who is friendly.:D

The questions were the usual ones: how we've met, when and where? When we've last seen each other and for how long? What my fiancé do for a living and where he lives. Maybe 6-7 questions only.:D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, John & April said:

Thank you so much! The interview was great because I had a cheerful CO. You will never feel nervous at all when talking to an officer who is friendly.:D

The questions were the usual ones: how we've met, when and where? When we've last seen each other and for how long? What my fiancé do for a living and where he lives. Maybe 6-7 questions only.:D

I am so happy for you! Hope the rest of this process would pass with the same luck! Have a wonderful life together ❤

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Anita27 said:

I am so happy for you! Hope the rest of this process would pass with the same luck! Have a wonderful life together ❤

Thank you and yes, hoping all of us will get to finish the process of getting the visa to POE sooner than later.:jest:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, D and T said:

@aviator99 and @Cm6307

Hi guys. Another Canuck filer here anxiously watching your posts and hoping things move along for you, me and the rest of us.

Not sure what the heck is up with movement for Canadian K1s right now. Mine's been at the NVC since Jan 24, still being told "give it two weeks" while watching cases who got their NOA2s a month after mine are arriving at the NVC, being assigned case numbers and booking interviews seemingly all within a couple days or a week or so.

I totally relate to what you're both saying about how it seems like every time we make a step forward, it's two steps back and more waiting. Geez!  It's like one of those nightmares where you're running in slo-mo or something.

Bummer day today. The first day of yet another month of going nowhere, fast. :P 

Anyhow best of luck to you both :)

18 hours ago, A & C 1 said:

I'm also a Canada filer.  I've been waiting 8 days for NVC # and I call every single day.  Typically they've been nice about it, but occasionally you get some not so gentle operators.  Take heart and keep calling.  The first time I called I asked if it would be okay to call every day and she was sooo sweet and said "absolutely, we don't mind at all.  We're here to answer the phone".   I don't think the operators are the same people who receive and scan in our paperwork.    I know 8 days isn't horrible, but with the wedding date fast approaching and all the delays, we may have to postpone the wedding :(  I'm reading all the comments about how Canada is so slow, then I see those from the Philippines and UK going from NVC # to POE in one month and I'm happy for them but wondering why it's so slow for Canadians.  Frustrating, but it'll all be worth it in the end.

Hi! It's comforting to see other Canadians going through the same thing, though I wish this wasn't happening to any of us at all. 

Seems like this is gonna be another week of zero movement, surprise surprise. These past few months have had me in a perpetual state of irritation and anxiety. I started noticing quite a few grey hairs recently too which isn't something I had before (I'm only 24). Not sure if it's related but this can't be healthy. 

As Canadians, it would have been so easy to just get married as a visitor and adjust status, yet we chose to do it the honest and legal way. And I feel like we're getting punished for that. 

Edited by Cm6307

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So, I called the NVC last night and case# has been assigned, yay!!!  This morning I had emails from NVC saying to go ahead and complete DS160.  On the DS160 form it asks for my WAC #, but I thought I was supposed to use my NVC case #.  Does it matter which?  Can I submit the DS160 before it's in 'ready' status?

Timeline
37 minutes ago, A & C 1 said:

So, I called the NVC last night and case# has been assigned, yay!!!  This morning I had emails from NVC saying to go ahead and complete DS160.  On the DS160 form it asks for my WAC #, but I thought I was supposed to use my NVC case #.  Does it matter which?  Can I submit the DS160 before it's in 'ready' status?

I just got off the phone with them...and we got a case number finally too...yay!!!  :)

So of course the first thing I did was check it online and it already says IN TRANSIT.  Um...wha...?  Is that normal? Or is it kinda fast?  Or is it probably going to stay that way for a couple weeks?

Well maybe that's okay, since my fiance is still gathering his documents...he has most of them but is still waiting for a few. 

Or I wonder if maybe they've figured out the new system and all us Canucks waiting can move forward now? That'd be awesome!

What's next...geez oh my gosh I've been studying these procedures for ages but suddenly I'm drawing a blank LOL. :P

But...I do think we can fill out the DS160 whenever we're ready and save it....if I'm not mistaken...I will have to wait until much later in the evening to try that but whatever I find out, I will let you know.  Maybe in the meantime someone who can think straight right now :P will let you know. 

OMG so exciting!  :)

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Timeline
29 minutes ago, D and T said:

I just got off the phone with them...and we got a case number finally too...yay!!!  :)

So of course the first thing I did was check it online and it already says IN TRANSIT.  Um...wha...?  Is that normal? Or is it kinda fast?  Or is it probably going to stay that way for a couple weeks?

Well maybe that's okay, since my fiance is still gathering his documents...he has most of them but is still waiting for a few. 

Or I wonder if maybe they've figured out the new system and all us Canucks waiting can move forward now? That'd be awesome!

What's next...geez oh my gosh I've been studying these procedures for ages but suddenly I'm drawing a blank LOL. :P

But...I do think we can fill out the DS160 whenever we're ready and save it....if I'm not mistaken...I will have to wait until much later in the evening to try that but whatever I find out, I will let you know.  Maybe in the meantime someone who can think straight right now :P will let you know. 

Congrats! Yeah,  mine turned to "in transit" the following morning. I was excited too but it's been stuck like that for more than a week now lol. But hopefully you won't have to wait as long. 

You'll also probably get an email from NVC saying that the MTL consulate has approved your request for expedited processing. 

Edited by Cm6307

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Cm6307 said:

Congrats! Yeah,  mine turned to "in transit" the following morning. I was excited too but it's been stuck like that for more than a week now lol. But hopefully you won't have to wait as long. 

You'll also probably get an email from NVC saying that the MTL consulate has approved your request for expedited processing. 

I didn't give them my email address.  I don't even know if they have my fiance's email address. I suppose they will use snail mail then.  But the consulate will have my email address once I send Packet 3 back to them.

Oh and about the DS160...I read somewhere that you have to upload a digital passport photo but if you don't have one, you can just skip that and they will accept the printed ones that you'll be taking to the interview. Would anyone happen to know if  that's the case for the Montreal consulate as well?  All my passport photos are in printed form only but I could probably go get them re-done somewhere.  Thanks. :)

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, A & C 1 said:

Yay! Your WAC # is your USCIS number.

If you got the green light from NVC to go ahead and complete the DS160, I'd say go ahead. My fiancé didn't complete his until he'd received his interview instructions, but it wasn't necessarily on purpose; he got them pretty fast.

1 hour ago, D and T said:

Awesome! And yes that is number; it will change. It's been going pretty fast - less than 2 weeks in most cases. If you have the case #, the beneficiary can go ahead and scheduled/complete their medical requirements. They recommend waiting until the beneficiary receives their packet in the mail with interview information before scheduling the interview, but it won't be long now till that's received. :) 

You can go ahead and fill out the DS160.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Cm6307 said:

Hi! It's comforting to see other Canadians going through the same thing, though I wish this wasn't happening to any of us at all. 

Seems like this is gonna be another week of zero movement, surprise surprise. These past few months have had me in a perpetual state of irritation and anxiety. I started noticing quite a few grey hairs recently too which isn't something I had before (I'm only 24). Not sure if it's related but this can't be healthy. 

As Canadians, it would have been so easy to just get married as a visitor and adjust status, yet we chose to do it the honest and legal way. And I feel like we're getting punished for that. 

Ughhhhh. Nothing on our case status either. "IN TRANSIT" since January 24th. Unreasonnnnnably slow. Now looks like we're hoping for a Monday update now...almost 2 weeks after leaving the NVC, and 2.5 weeks since getting a case # at that point. What are they overwhelmed with people from Canada moving to the US? If anything the Montreal embassy should be the least busiest of them all given Canadians don't need a visa to come here. That's what's baffling to me.....what are they doing that they are so overwhelmingly busy there that our visa's are not getting processed? 

Today i've been researching how to contact my congressman here (well, congresswoman in our state actually). 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, aviator99 said:

Ughhhhh. Nothing on our case status either. "IN TRANSIT" since January 24th. Unreasonnnnnably slow. Now looks like we're hoping for a Monday update now...almost 2 weeks after leaving the NVC, and 2.5 weeks since getting a case # at that point. What are they overwhelmed with people from Canada moving to the US? If anything the Montreal embassy should be the least busiest of them all given Canadians don't need a visa to come here. That's what's baffling to me.....what are they doing that they are so overwhelmingly busy there that our visa's are not getting processed? 

Today i've been researching how to contact my congressman here (well, congresswoman in our state actually). 

Yea I don't think this is normal, even for Canada. Another Canadian told me that hers went from in transit to ready in about 2 days earlier in January. Must be something else going on like some kind of audit perhaps. Looks like we're lucky enough to get caught in yet another sh*tstorm lol. 

I tried calling NVC to see if they had any information regarding why it would be in transit this long despite it being electronic. He basically said that it's out of their jurisdiction now and it depends on how backlogged the embassy workload is. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, A & C 1 said:

Awesome news!!! Congrats!!! Yes, you can go ahead and do the DS-160. We did ours a few days after getting the case #. It doesn't ask for the NVC case #, just use your WAC #. The reason people on here mention the NVC # is because at some embassies, you can already schedule the interview with the NVC #. With Montreal, the NVC # is only needed when you send your Packet 3 email. So you do the DS-160, make sure you have color copy of the biographic page of the beneficiary's passport, then your completed P3 checklist signed by the beneficiary. Have that all in the email ready (see packet 3 for email instructions/what to title the email)...but you can't send them the email until the CEAC tracker shows your case is "READY" status. If you send it earlier than that, they will just ignore it and not respond.

1 hour ago, D and T said:

That's awesome!!! Congrats!!! Just goes to show how random and off the wall the processing is...you got your case # and it went IN TRANSIT same day. We got our case # Friday, but it didn't go in transit till Wednesday. It's always so weird to me that there is no rhyme or reason to how anything is done, it's just very random it seems.

It's anyone's guess for how long it takes till it switches to READY (a.k.a. arrives at Montreal embassy). A month ago it was taking anywhere from 2-4 days, mostly 2-some days. Lately for myself and the other Canada filers... it's been 1.5 weeks for me of In-Transit status. @Cm6307 got their In-Transit status 1-day after mine, so they're just in the same boat. But that doesn't mean anything as we all see everything is all over the place. I wouldn't be surprised if we all get a "READY" status the same day, I have a feeling that'll happen. It's almost like they're letting them all pile up in a "Queue" per say...and once it reaches are certain number...maybe? Then they go in and process them and switch them to READY? No idea...all speculation of course...

But whatever happens i'll keep you posted if I hear anything. Hopefully we all can get through this process ASAP! At least you are one step closer now :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.