Mallick

Got married on First visit

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello friends I have recently got married and my wife is a us born she came to Pakistan and we got married on her first visit ? She already sent form i130 for me in September  Is there any red flag? Coz our marriage is arranged. but we both have same religion which is Islam and I belongs to Pakistan .and she is my first cousin too. We have a lot of photos with my wife and our family together to prove as a bonafide relationship. She lives in California where cousin marriage is allowed too. Please I am in stress need helpful advice coz I don’t want any delay in my case. coz I am already suffering a lot without my wife. 

2 minutes ago, Jose Michelena said:

Its a bonafide relationship, but u say that your marriage was arranged?  :blink:

Culturally this is perfectly appropriate. I know both Muslims and Orthodox Jews who have very real marriages but they were arranged ones.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

Culturally this is perfectly appropriate. I know both Muslims and Orthodox Jews who have very real marriages but they were arranged ones.

Im not talking about culture. Im talking about that how you prove that a marriage is bonafide if it was arranged on the first place.

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jose Michelena said:

Im not talking about culture. Im talking about that how you prove that a marriage is bonafide if it was arranged on the first place.

Actually, the fact they are religious people and selected the groom via their own family networks is in itself is a strong argument that this marriage is done with the intention of building a family, not just for immigration benefits. 

Relax, this is not a race.

Timeline

The bona-fide nature gets more scrutiny if you meet on OKcupid and marry after a couple of months and you two are from two different cultural backgrounds etc. The fact that they are from the same country of cultural origin and the entire extended family is involved in the marriage points towards the fact that this is a genuine marriage. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MyJourney said:

The bona-fide nature gets more scrutiny if you meet on OKcupid and marry after a couple of months and you two are from two different cultural backgrounds etc. The fact that they are from the same country of cultural origin and the entire extended family is involved in the marriage points towards the fact that this is a genuine marriage. 

Recording to MyJourney,  Mallick you are not going to have any problem with ur application.

Timeline
1 minute ago, MyJourney said:

Why should he have a problem? 

Coz his marriage is arranged and this is not bonafide at all.    IN MY OPINION.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jose Michelena said:

I understand you are giving YOUR OPINION. Here is the definition of NOT bona-fide marriage by USCIS: 

A marriage entered into for the primary purpose of circumventing the immigration laws, commonly referred to as fraudulent or sham marriage, is not recognized for the purpose of obtaining immigrationbenefits.

The fact that the groom is carefully selected with participation of the entire family is an evidence that this marriage is done with the intentions of building a family, not for circumventing immigration laws. It is none of USCIS business how you select and find your spouse, as long as you are not using marriage to scum the USCIS for immigration benefits. 

Edited by MyJourney

28 minutes ago, Jose Michelena said:

21 minutes ago, MyJourney said:

Actually, the fact they are religious people and selected the groom via their own family networks is in itself is a strong argument that this marriage is done with the intention of building a family, not just for immigration benefits. 

MyJourney’s answer is exactly right. Jose clearly has a different understanding of “arranged” but it is exactly in the sense of arranged, approved by the families/community, intention to build a family etc that supports the bonafides.  It is not “arranged” in the sense that someone arranged a marriage just to get a green card.

I know an orthodox jewess from South Africa who entered into a similarly “arranged” (I think they call it matchmaking in Judaism but it’s really the same thing) marriage with a guy in Florida. They had no problem getting her a visa even though they’d only met a couple of times in a short space of time before the wedding. Of course it was a huge religious wedding. I don’t know what they provided as evidence but clearly it was enough.

Arranged marriages happens everyday in the world. Many last a lifetime.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jose Michelena said:

MOST marriages in my husband's city in Pakistan are arranged so the fact that it is arranged is cultural normal for the Embassy the OP will be working with.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.