973 posts in this topic

Yay. We have our interview of Oct 25!

However here is our situation:

We opted NOT to fill out I-693 until we were scheduled. 

The problem that I am now facing is that my wife misplaced all her immunizations, so we have NO records of anything. 

We will be visiting an approved USCIS Dr. for the examination. 

Has anyone gone through this process of the medical examination without any records that can share their experience?

Will my wife have to do the whole list of immunizations?

What if we dont get everything done prior to the interview date?

Thank you in advance for any input.

I-751 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

12/15/20 - Received date

01/21/21 - NOA1

05/04/21 - Biometrics completed

05/12/21 - NOA2 "Name was updated"

11/15/21 - NOA3 Resident status extended for 24 months (expires Oct 10/24/22)

No other communication. Waiting....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hi all. Do you guys know if USCIS will mail back pictures after approval and green card? 

I got approved and received green card already. I have one more mail coming from the and was wondering what’s in there. Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I think you should be fine. There are list of shots that the doctor gives. 

Tell him it's urgent or find a clinic which has earliest date, generally they give within a week if you expedite may be even less.

You need to have this document at time of interview as they might give you a rfe and based on other timelines..it takes about 2-3 months to clear the of i693.

4 minutes ago, Mr_Bridge said:

Yay. We have our interview of Oct 25!

However here is our situation:

We opted NOT to fill out I-693 until we were scheduled. 

The problem that I am now facing is that my wife misplaced all her immunizations, so we have NO records of anything. 

We will be visiting an approved USCIS Dr. for the examination. 

Has anyone gone through this process of the medical examination without any records that can share their experience?

Will my wife have to do the whole list of immunizations?

What if we dont get everything done prior to the interview date?

Thank you in advance for any input.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Finally have received notification the work permit has been Approved and produced.   

Now we wait for green card interview.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 10/13/2018 at 10:53 AM, Dachis said:

Hi all. Do you guys know if USCIS will mail back pictures after approval and green card? 

I got approved and received green card already. I have one more mail coming from the and was wondering what’s in there. Thanks

Would surprise me a lot if they decided to mail back your pictures. Did you send them something else that was unique? (cf only birth certificate, ...?)

Maybe it is just a notification that it is ready to be processed (cf I received my actual AP before I received the notification)

Curious to hear what it actually contained! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 10/13/2018 at 9:53 AM, Dachis said:

Is there a way to change picture on the Green Card?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Georgia
Timeline
3 hours ago, moosy said:

Would surprise me a lot if they decided to mail back your pictures. Did you send them something else that was unique? (cf only birth certificate, ...?)

Maybe it is just a notification that it is ready to be processed (cf I received my actual AP before I received the notification)

Curious to hear what it actually contained! 

It was my first interview letter that went to old address. 

1 hour ago, Visitor User said:

Is there a way to change picture on the Green Card?

Sorry, have no idea.

We haven't really contributed to this particular thread but we thought that putting our experience here might help some of you out:

A little background: 

We got married in March 2015. My wife, the non-USC has since taken a couple of trips outside the USA. One for a vacation and one for our Indian wedding ceremony and honeymoon (December 2016). January 2017 was her last re-entry into the states. 
We applied for AOS in November of 2017 and got our interview scheduled for October 9, 2018 (no RFE in the process except a letter asking us to bring the medical form at the interview). 

So no, to move on to the interview: 

We got at the Albany NY field office 15 minutes early for a our appointement and the lady officer asked us to accompany her inside right on time. She was professional but seemed nice (not over the top nice or over the top professional, if you know what I mean). First, she took us to her office and made us take the oath that we will tell the truth. 

Asked us to sit down and asked us whether we have any updates on the lease (we had recently changed our address and updated it on the website). We gave her a copy of the new lease. She then quickly looked at it and asked if there are any updates we would like to give. So we took out all the updates to the stuff we sent with the application. You know, couple of new credit cards we both got and have each other on, updates bank statements, updated prints of retirement accounts, etc. She breifly looked through the docs and made some copies.

We asked her if she would like to see our wedding album and she said she has more than enough evidence.

She then quickly went through our I-130 and I-485 (the only question she directly asked me was what day I, the USC was born on). she noted the address change on the forms.

She also went through all the yes or no questions with my wife. The ones that ask you if you're a communist or whether you'd conspire against the government, etc. Asked my wife if January 2017 entry was the last time she entered the country. She then said she doesnt need the new I-94 since my wife hasnt left the country since then.  

She then told my wife that she thinks she has all she needs and that we can expect the 10 year green card in 3 weeks (we've been married over 3 years).

Thats it! We thanked her for her time and thanked her for how painless the interview was. She said that we made it easy with all the information we had sent with the application and the organization of the application itself. This was good to hear as we had spent a lot of time and paid very close attention to our application packet!

And that was it! The status online was changed to card under production on the same day. Yesterday, we got the tacking number for the card and it should be here tomorrow! So from the interview date to delivery it should (hopefully) be 8 days. 

Honestly the best thing is to try to relax. We were both pretty anxious before the interview but in the end we didn't really have anything to worry about. 

Let us know if you guys have any questions!

Timeline:

AOS FILE: 24 Nov 2017

BIO: 27 DEC 2017

RECEIVED EAD: 9 MAY 2018

INTERVIEW: 9 OCT 2018

APPROVED: 9 OCT 2018

RECEIVED CARD:  16 OCT 2018

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I finally got my interview scheduled for the second week of December.

I just have a question for you guys; I will travel to my home country for Christmas. I see two different scenarios that can happen during the interview; 1. If I get approved at the spot, what will happen as I most likely not will receive my green card by mail before I have to leave the country for Christmas? 2. What will happen if they don't approve my case on the spot? Can I still travel on my AP?

Thank you in advance everyone! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 10/29/2018 at 7:45 PM, Lien08 said:

Hi all. I finally got my interview scheduled for the second week of December.

I just have a question for you guys; I will travel to my home country for Christmas. I see two different scenarios that can happen during the interview; 1. If I get approved at the spot, what will happen as I most likely not will receive my green card by mail before I have to leave the country for Christmas? 2. What will happen if they don't approve my case on the spot? Can I still travel on my AP?

Thank you in advance everyone! 

I just had my interview the 23rd of October, and was approved on the spot: my greencard was just said to be produced yesterday the 30th, and I am expecting it end of this week. So technically, it is possible.

BUT

If you are approved, you can ask them to put a stamp in your passport. That is what the officer told me: "if you need to travel right now, then go "downstairs" (to the main lobby where there are officers as well) to have a stamp put in your passport. You do not need an appointment for that". I could also go back whenever I needed it and did not have my greencard yet.

Say you do not get approved on the spot, then you will likely get approved shortly, and can go in for a stamp at that point.

He also said the AP and EAD are no longer valid and I am not allowed to travel on the AP anymore from the moment he approved me.

So answers:

1. You go in to get a stamp in your passport

2. Get a stamp when they approve it a few days later. And no, AP is NOT okay.

Edited by moosy

5 hours ago, moosy said:

I just had my interview the 23rd of October, and was approved on the spot: my greencard was just said to be produced yesterday the 30th, and I am expecting it end of this week. So technically, it is possible.

BUT

If you are approved, you can ask them to put a stamp in your passport. That is what the officer told me: "if you need to travel right now, then go "downstairs" (to the main lobby where there are officers as well) to have a stamp put in your passport. You do not need an appointment for that". I could also go back whenever I needed it and did not have my greencard yet.

Say you do not get approved on the spot, then you will likely get approved shortly, and can go in for a stamp at that point.

He also said the AP and EAD are no longer valid and I am not allowed to travel on the AP anymore from the moment he approved me.

So answers:

1. You go in to get a stamp in your passport

2. Get a stamp when they approve it a few days later. And no, AP is NOT okay.

Thank you so much. However, I read somewhere that if they approve a few days later, you will need an info pass in order to get the stamp? And the info pass is really hard to schedule. Furthermore, I will leave like 5 days after my interview, so if I am not approved I will have to leave the country on my AP. Any other experiences around this topic? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, Lien08 said:

Thank you so much. However, I read somewhere that if they approve a few days later, you will need an info pass in order to get the stamp? And the info pass is really hard to schedule. Furthermore, I will leave like 5 days after my interview, so if I am not approved I will have to leave the country on my AP. Any other experiences around this topic? 

I suppose since these are hypotheticals, and there really isn't anything you can do until you are at the Interview, it is best to see what happens then and there. Stay positive and think you are going to nail it and be approved. And you can ask the officer that you interview with these questions whether it is approved or not. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello!

Two days ago we had our GC interview and we we approved! It's such a relief after 2 years of stress and anxiety and paperwork. The interview itself was very casual and the officer was just so nice and easygoing!

I was quite stressed but there is nothing to be stressed about if your relationship is solid. Officers can really see it!

Good luck everyone!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi Guys.I have received my interview notice PD November 23/2017,Interview second week of  12/2018

Edited by beatka1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.