967 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, qqg3 said:

I guess this is my final update!

02/22/2018 : Permanent Resident Card Received

This is the end of my timeline until I remove conditions in a couple of years, can't believe how fast AOS moved for me. Appreciate the help in this thread guys! See you in 21 months :)

Congrats!! 

May all of us have asap the same timeline as you do! Wishing you all the best

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, qqg3 said:

I guess this is my final update!

02/22/2018 : Permanent Resident Card Received

This is the end of my timeline until I remove conditions in a couple of years, can't believe how fast AOS moved for me. Appreciate the help in this thread guys! See you in 21 months :)

Congrats!! Sooo fast!! Wish you the best! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
2 hours ago, GBPackers said:

I am a volunteer as well - at school. But they dont really need me to be honest so I am there but no one takes me seriously. I do help kids but recently I struggle with motivation to even go there. It is devastating I agree and I know I am not alone. If I knew it would take that long to get my papers we would decide to apply for marriage visa instead of fiancee. I've always been really ambitious and being in situation like this - without the job - for weeeeeeeeks doesnt make me feel good, it does feel degrading. I apologize for complaining just had to tell someone how I feel... 

@DalilaAdnan I totally get you, between the winter and the unemployment I feel like i’m this close to get into depression, I was thinking of volunteering but they ask proof of legal stay and other paperwork but my visa is expired...how did you get to volunteering? 

25 minutes ago, aasupp said:

@DalilaAdnan I totally get you, between the winter and the unemployment I feel like i’m this close to get into depression, I was thinking of volunteering but they ask proof of legal stay and other paperwork but my visa is expired...how did you get to volunteering? 

It is @GBPackers that is volunteering. 

I made a decision to, but need to go to public library and ask. Hope they will not ask for proof of legal stay in meaning of Green card. I have social sequrity number and driving licence. I will try and update you with my experience. Only if my EAD comes first I will find a job instead :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

TIMELINE: as of FEB 22, 2018

Nov 22, 2017 - packet sent via USPS Chicago Lockbox (Concurrent Filing AOS)

Nov29 - Received via email and SMS 4 USCIS confirmation

Nov 30 - Checks cashed

Dec 4 - Received 4 x NOA1 via mail (PD Nov24) (NOA date Nov28)

Dec 9 - Received bio appt via mail

Dec 18 - Biometrics Sched/Done (IOWA USCIS)

Dec 28 - Courtesy letter received regarding i-693 (medical exam do not submit, submit on interview or as RFE)

Feb 13, 2018-  First SR made online

Feb 20 - NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED status (EAD)

Feb 22 - Travel Document APPROVED status

Feb 22 - CARD WAS MAILED TO ME status (EAD)

Edited by iowagirl

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Georgia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, iowagirl said:

TIMELINE: as of FEB 22, 2018

Nov 22, 2017 - packet sent via USPS Chicago Lockbox (Concurrent Filing AOS)

Nov29 - Received via email and SMS 4 USCIS confirmation

Nov 30 - Checks cashed

Dec 4 - Received 4 x NOA1 via mail (PD Nov24) (NOA date Nov28)

Dec 9 - Received bio appt via mail

Dec 18 - Biometrics Sched/Done (IOWA USCIS)

Dec 28 - Courtesy letter received regarding i-693 (medical exam do not submit, submit on interview or as RFE)

Feb 13, 2018-  First SR made online

Feb 20 - NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED status (EAD)

Feb 22 - Travel Document APPROVED status

Feb 22 - CARD WAS MAILED TO ME status (EAD)

My status also changed today CARD WAS MAILED

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/22/2018 at 8:54 AM, FloridaMinsk said:

I bet that’s why you got yours so early.   The AP must be slow thus making the combo filers slow.    

I wonder if this is because of the courts overreach on blocking the end of DACA? Weren’t they filing for AP?   

Unfortunately Daca recipients only had the right to solicit the EAD and DACA. Once it was announced that they were ending the program no New AP were to be issues and Applications were rejected and fees returned. All already processing cases and already approved cases would be validated and respected. So that wouldn't have anything to do with any delays in AOS cases. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
Just now, Sandy0616 said:

Unfortunately Daca recipients only had the right to solicit the EAD and DACA. Once it was announced that they were ending the program no New AP were to be issues and Applications were rejected and fees returned. All already processing cases and already approved cases would be validated and respected. So that wouldn't have anything to do with any delays in AOS cases. 

Yeah but didn’t one of the courts stop the ending of DACA?  Once that happened didn’t uscis has to start taking them again?  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The courts only allowed people with excising DACA to renew but the only difference was the AP. They are not allowed to request that any longer. That stayed the same from the day they announced the end of the program. All the courts essentially did was allow the recipients to be protected form deportation two more years and have a work permit. All AP from October when they ended the program should have already passed through USCIS and should now be with their recipients. This is why I say that AOS applicants are not affected by the DACA updates. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Sandy0616 said:

The courts only allowed people with excising DACA to renew but the only difference was the AP. They are not allowed to request that any longer. That stayed the same from the day they announced the end of the program. All the courts essentially did was allow the recipients to be protected form deportation two more years and have a work permit. All AP from October when they ended the program should have already passed through USCIS and should now be with their recipients. This is why I say that AOS applicants are not affected by the DACA updates. 

Gotcha. Thanks 

14 hours ago, aasupp said:

I volunteer for a non-profit organization at the local library here. All I had to put was my SSN and Driver's License. Been volunteering for two months now and loving it. :) Makes me feel good to do something and get out of the house.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

98 days here (sent date 11/15, received 11/17). I am so tired of waiting. How much longer?! VJ's timeline says USCIS is on November cases but it seems like a lot of us are still waiting. Hopefully we will all hear something soon! :)

Edited by Olivia2804

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
16 hours ago, aasupp said:

They didnt ask or need it here where I live. They just checked my criminal background to make sure I can work with kids :) 

Just got my EAD/AP combo card delivered. Happy doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.