Carolina Dalton

November 2017 Filers K1 VISA I-129F (merged)

2,975 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Cathphil said:

when some received a notification about changing from fiance to alien on the app..does thay mean they already touched our case?

3 minutes ago, Dave_and_Jessa said:

Ours changed too.  Probably just system updates, doesn't mean that anyone is physically doing anything the petitions though.

Anytime your file is touched there is a notification created on your record hence you are able to see it if using the app.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Anytime your file is touched there is a notification created on your record hence you are able to see it if using the app.

Well, I could be wrong here but you get a notification if there is an update to the "online" case.  It just seems like they added some code to add "Alien" into all the digital files, which updated things on the online case status.  Hence, the notifications.  That just makes a lot more sense than someone physically handling a file in a way that shows nothing more than a single word added to the online case status.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to think our is closer to someone working on it, but I don't think that's what happening with all these.

11/14/17 129F mailed

11/17/17 NOA1

05/14/18 NOA2

06/06/18 NVC received and case # assigned

06/12/18 left NVC

06/13/18 Manila Embassy received

06/13/18 CFO completed at Clark Pampanga

06/18-19/18 Medical exam

07/10/18 Interview - APPROVED!!

07/29/18 POE

1 minute ago, Dave_and_Jessa said:

Well, I could be wrong here but you get a notification if there is an update to the "online" case.  It just seems like they added some code to add "Alien" into all the digital files, which updated things on the online case status.  Hence, the notifications.  That just makes a lot more sense than someone physically handling a file in a way that shows nothing more than a single word added to the online case status.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to think our is closer to someone working on it, but I don't think that's what happening with all these.

You are right. But a change in wording, whether it's one word or series of words, is treated as a "touch".

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

From NO2, how long is the current wait time for the beneficiary to receive his or her appointment/instructions notice?  This is for the embassy in Moscow.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

In terms of providing tax returns and bank statements, does anyone know what the protocol is regarding cryptocurrency? Do you have to disclose the money you have across those platforms?

My deposits from my bank account to my crypto portfolios is recorded, but providing statements from those portfolios might be a bit complicated and unofficial looking.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 2/14/2018 at 8:55 AM, Mike & Tanja said:

Wow you were all so busy sending messages while I was in the office. I was constantly checking my phone, what's going on. My case was updated too in the app (yesterday) and my heart was stopping beating for a second. And then I just thought mhhm??? what did change? Ok, now I know. But do you really think, that somebody had our files in his/her hands to make that change?
Whatever, hope for all of us that Mr. Bean is working on our files :)

So I called in yesterday after this and asked a couple of questions, because like so many of us I received the update text. Outside of update question, my primary call was because I change divisions within my company so I wanted to clarify I was still working for the same company but just in a different division.  Anyway, whether our files are being touched or not I do know the rep I spoke to told me we would probably get a RFE for I-134 affidavit of support since we didnt send it in with our intial application. She would neither confirm or deny if the file had been touched or give estimated time lines. She only said everything looks good so far other than the probable request for the I-134 and to wait until we get official notice if we need to send it or not.

Edited by Saiali

16 minutes ago, Saiali said:

So I called in yesterday after this and asked a couple of questions, because like so many of us I received the update text. Outside of update question, my primary call was because I change divisions within my company so I wanted to clarify I was still working for the same company but just in a different division.  Anyway, whether our files are being touched or not I do know the rep I spoke to told me we would probably get a RFE for I-134 affidavit of support since we didnt send it in with our intial application. She would neither confirm or deny if the file had been touched or give estimated time lines. She only said everything looks good so far other than the probable request for the I-134 and to wait until we get official notice if we need to send it or not.

I thought we didn't do that till the interview? Well that's an easy fix. I'll get mine all ready to send out! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Saiali said:

That person knows nothing. (And yes uscis tier 1 and even some tier 2 knows nothing we saw it a lot!)

i-134 is not required to send with the initial application.

2 minutes ago, UKUSABoston said:

I thought we didn't do that till the interview? Well that's an easy fix. I'll get mine all ready to send out! 

We don't! Believe me we don't.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
21 minutes ago, UKUSABoston said:

NO she said wait remember for the RFE requesting the I-134 to come in mail because if u send it in before they request it the will toss it. Also I agree it is not required with initial application but it is also not rejected if it is sent in with the initial application. 

Edited by Saiali

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Saiali said:

NO she said wait remember for the RFE requesting the I-134 to come in mail because if u send it in before they request it the will toss it. Also I agree it is not required with initial application but it is also not rejected if it is sent in with the initial application. 

Yep although it won't be used in the interview they won't reject it. For the interview they'll need a more recent one.

Timeline
Just now, UKUSABoston said:

That's what I thought! I was like wait a second! 

The lies oh the lies they tell.

they have no clue so they just talk what comes to their mind to shut the person up! Beleive me it's ridiculous!

dont worry about the work place change by the way just state it in the i-134 when giving it at the interview.

those petitions are signed with a date, meaning they were correct on that date. That's all it's needed.

5 minutes ago, Naes said:

The lies oh the lies they tell.

they have no clue so they just talk what comes to their mind to shut the person up! Beleive me it's ridiculous!

dont worry about the work place change by the way just state it in the i-134 when giving it at the interview.

those petitions are signed with a date, meaning they were correct on that date. That's all it's needed.

Ty! Quick question, I am a college student and took the year off last year to concentrate on finishing my degree and of course visiting my fiance. I have a cosponsor (grandfather) should I prove I am a college student(give my transcript to fiance for interview with the affidavit of support I fill out)?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, UKUSABoston said:

Ty! Quick question, I am a college student and took the year off last year to concentrate on finishing my degree and of course visiting my fiance. I have a cosponsor (grandfather) should I prove I am a college student(give my transcript to fiance for interview with the affidavit of support I fill out)?

I don't think you really need to. U.K. Concentrates on the co-sponsor. But still fill out a i-134 even if you don't meet the requirements (you can add the transcript if you like just as a precaution) because even though normally U.K. Doesn't ask for the sponsor who won't be providing, somebody actually got stuck the other day because of it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.