2,950 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2018 at 3:38 AM, Jack88 said:

Good day everybody, So I have a question about my case which is a little uncommon. My I-751 has been pending since June 2017 coming up to 14 months (CSC FILER) and I became eligible to early file for my N-400 this past July. However I have for several reasons (gathering of evidence, lack of time) postponed the filing and I am going to file it this August.  I could be possibly shipping to boot camp with the Marines within the next couple of months. I think that judging by the timelines of my field office (OKC 6.5 to 14 months to process N-400) and other members' experiences I would be able to attend my biometrics appointment just fine. I gather it takes about a month for them to send you the notice. However what worries me is the interview for my N-400. I am going to be a total of 6 months away for training, my residency is still where I currently live and my spouse will stay here as well. But if the interview comes up while I am in training I won't be able to attend. What happens in this case? Am I going to get a denial, can I request a postponement. I guess I am taking a gambit by filing now, normally is taking like 8 months after you file the N-400/I-751 pending combo at least for CSC filers I have seen (You could correct me if I am wrong) but still I don't know when I am going to ship it could be next month, it could be December so it is quite a dilemma. Thoughts?

Cheers.

Hi there. My suggestion is this and only this: FILE! It doesn't matter you're going away; it's not only for a good, justified reason, but also means that USCIS will enter your N-400 into the system with the current immigration conditions. Later on, in September, the Government is introducing news laws that make it more difficult for legal immigration. If I were you -being already eligible-- I will file. If your process gets delay, it doesn't matter...sooner or later it will come. The important thing here is that your file qualifies under the current immigration laws. A lot of people wishing to apply are not eligible just yet, so why are you going to wait when you actually have the chance to do it? What's the worse case scenario? That they schedule an interview that you can't attend because you're in military training? So be it...they reschedule interviews all the time, even for silly reason like people just din't realized they were cited. THEY DON'T DENIE APPLICATIONS FOR MISSING THE APPOINTMENT, EVEN LESS WHEN YOU HAVE A GOOD REASON. You go ahead, nothing to fear....te lo dice un parcero de Colombia. Saludos.

17 hours ago, MHZ said:

Can you call and check if they can expedite it for you? I think there are cases where the process can be expedited but I am not sure what the requirements are.

Jack88, by the way, be careful with the training...if it's 6 months, then probably you want to ask first to a lawyer. Since your current status is LPR, that means you have to comply with the PHYSICAL PRESENCE rule. Not sure if you have some advantages becasue of the Marines (I'd say probably yes) , but at this point, better to talk to a qualified immigration attorney as there's a lot details depending of your unique situation).

How long does it usually takes in average to get in line for an interview  after biometrics completed?  I know it depends on an individual estimate waiting timeline, but still would like to know if the waiting time in my office is 14 month as for now, can it be any time this year or the next one? I mean to get the notification that I'm in line, not the actual interview, because I don't really expect for it any time soon...

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

2 hours ago, Inna&Chris said:

How long does it usually takes in average to get in line for an interview  after biometrics completed?  I know it depends on an individual estimate waiting timeline, but still would like to know if the waiting time in my office is 14 month as for now, can it be any time this year or the next one? I mean to get the notification that I'm in line, not the actual interview, because I don't really expect for it any time soon...

It all depends on the field office, some people get called after a week of biometrics, some 1 month, and also i think people that applied online things go faster and quicker.

On 8/18/2018 at 2:43 AM, Charly2 said:

Jack88, by the way, be careful with the training...if it's 6 months, then probably you want to ask first to a lawyer. Since your current status is LPR, that means you have to comply with the PHYSICAL PRESENCE rule. Not sure if you have some advantages becasue of the Marines (I'd say probably yes) , but at this point, better to talk to a qualified immigration attorney as there's a lot details depending of your unique situation).

Hi thanks for your answers Charly. The physical presence won't be an issue because all my training will take place in continental US territory. And as far as the "residing for more than 3 months in the district you file" rule for the N-400 that's not a problem because I was in full compliance of that when I filed. My residency still will be the one where my spouse is and I currently reside even during my training. Anyway I went ahead and applied  notwithstanding. I am still waiting for the Marines to give me a shipping date to start my training, so that's in stand by at the moment. I already got my biometrics appointment by that way, so that was fast. 

7 minutes ago, expeditor said:

How accurate is the estimated time on my.uscis.gov on your case status page? Mine says 17 months. For people who've received an interview, was this time frame accurate?

Not that this will be the case for everyone, but it seems like it’s very inaccurate for most people and cases seem to be completed months before the estimated completion time. In my experience, my initial time was 13 months and I finished a week short of 6 months. 

Edited by CTgal18

🇺🇸N-400 Timeline🇺🇸 

2/02/18 Filed Online 

2/02/18 Application Received 

2/03/18 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

2/20/18 Biometrics Completed

5/04/18 Interview Scheduled

6/14/18 Interview (Approved)

7/10/18 Oath Ceremony Scheduled

7/26/18 Oath Ceremony

U.S. Citizen as of July 26, 2018! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
12 hours ago, expeditor said:

How accurate is the estimated time on my.uscis.gov on your case status page? Mine says 17 months. For people who've received an interview, was this time frame accurate?

Yeah, not very accurate, especially for those who have ROC and N400 applications filed concurrently. The Albuquerque average time was listed as 13 months. From filing to oath ceremony my wife's case took 5 months (interview was at the 3.5 month mark).

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Hi All, 

I am new in this post and wanted to share my current situation. 

I filed for I-751 (Removal of Conditions) last year in July as my 2 year conditional GC was expiring in Oct 2017. I received 1 year extension that is going to expire in October 2018. However, I was able to get the I-551 last month which extended my residency until July 2019. In addition, after receiving my I-551 on passport, I also received a new extension letter with 18 months extension from GC expiry date. I am assuming I-551 is the date I should by since that is extended until July 2019. 

Yesterday, I applied for n-400 while I-751 still pending. Please let me know if any of you have any questions. 

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hello 

I filled for the N-400 in February 2018 and back then the estimate was August 2019, after my biometrics it was April 2019. I am guessing after the interview it will get shorter by a couple of months. 

It is supposed to take 14.5 to 18 months in Salt Lake  and I am at 6 months so far, nothing since biometrics...

I think it is really random and hard to established a common pattern sadly....

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, JB63 said:

It is supposed to take 14.5 to 18 months in Salt Lake  and I am at 6 months so far, nothing since biometrics...

No. You are misunderstanding the information the tool is providing you. Not to mention that those numbers can change frequently.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, ariani said:

No. You are misunderstanding the information the tool is providing you. Not to mention that those numbers can change frequently.

The way I understand the website is:

50% of case are approved after 14.5 months and 90% by 19 months.

How do you understand the processing time?

1.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
16 minutes ago, JB63 said:

The way I understand the website is:

50% of case are approved after 14.5 months and 90% by 19 months.

How do you understand the processing time?

1.PNG

That page is incorrect, even USCIS will tell you so. Go to https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and create a profile. This will be more accurate.

F1 Visa Journey

4th March 2009 - Schedule F-1 Visa Appointment

18th March 2009 - F1 Visa Interview

28th March 2009 - F1 Visa approved

OPT Journey

26th January 2013 -  I-765 mailed

4th February 2013 - Notice received

17th May 2013 - Card processing

3rd June 2013 - EAD Card received

STEM Extension Journey

18th March 2014 -  I-765 mailed STEM extension

28th March 2014 - Notice received

13th May 2014 - Card processing

28th May 2014 - EAD Card received

I-140 Journey

17th August 2014 - I-130 & 1-140 mailed

30th August 2014 - Notice received

13th September 2014 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice for 27th September 2014 

13th October 2014 - RFE received - Reply mailed 23rd November 2014

7th January 2015 - Interview

29th January 2015 - Green card received

I-751 Journey

3rd November 2016 - I-751 Mailed

16th November 2016 -  Notice received

3rd December 2016 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice  for 17th December 2016

25th February 2018 - Case Transferred to Local Office

8th May 2018 - Case Transferred to another Office/ Initial Review

7th June 2018 - Combined interview/ name Update/ Approved with N-400

N-400 Journey

31st October 2017 - N-400 Mailed

2nd November 2017 - NOA

12th November 2017 - NOA from office case transferred to.

20th November 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

1st May 2018 - Interview Notice

7th June 2018 - Interview/ Approved/ Oath Ceremony will be scheduled

12th June 2018 - Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed

09th July 2018 - Oath Ceremony..... I am a US Citizen

Timeline
14 minutes ago, MHZ said:

That page is incorrect, even USCIS will tell you so. Go to https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and create a profile. This will be more accurate.

I hope it is much shortedr but based on my timeline it seems to not too inaccurate.

I have an account with DHS and it is telling me April 2019 for my N-400 filed in February 2018 so that would be 14 months of processing time.

I do hope  you are right and that these number are not fully accuratet and I will get my interview soon  😊  !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
5 minutes ago, JB63 said:

I hope it is much shortedr but based on my timeline it seems to not too inaccurate.

I have an account with DHS and it is telling me April 2019 for my N-400 filed in February 2018 so that would be 14 months of processing time.

I do hope  you are right and that these number are not fully accuratet and I will get my interview soon  😊  !

Look at my signature for my actuales. My estimate was October 2018

F1 Visa Journey

4th March 2009 - Schedule F-1 Visa Appointment

18th March 2009 - F1 Visa Interview

28th March 2009 - F1 Visa approved

OPT Journey

26th January 2013 -  I-765 mailed

4th February 2013 - Notice received

17th May 2013 - Card processing

3rd June 2013 - EAD Card received

STEM Extension Journey

18th March 2014 -  I-765 mailed STEM extension

28th March 2014 - Notice received

13th May 2014 - Card processing

28th May 2014 - EAD Card received

I-140 Journey

17th August 2014 - I-130 & 1-140 mailed

30th August 2014 - Notice received

13th September 2014 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice for 27th September 2014 

13th October 2014 - RFE received - Reply mailed 23rd November 2014

7th January 2015 - Interview

29th January 2015 - Green card received

I-751 Journey

3rd November 2016 - I-751 Mailed

16th November 2016 -  Notice received

3rd December 2016 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice  for 17th December 2016

25th February 2018 - Case Transferred to Local Office

8th May 2018 - Case Transferred to another Office/ Initial Review

7th June 2018 - Combined interview/ name Update/ Approved with N-400

N-400 Journey

31st October 2017 - N-400 Mailed

2nd November 2017 - NOA

12th November 2017 - NOA from office case transferred to.

20th November 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

1st May 2018 - Interview Notice

7th June 2018 - Interview/ Approved/ Oath Ceremony will be scheduled

12th June 2018 - Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed

09th July 2018 - Oath Ceremony..... I am a US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.