2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, hiral_p said:

Hi Everyone, 

I have entered US on K-1 on Jan-2015 and and applied for AOS in Feb - 2015.

I received my GC on December - 2015.

I have applied for I-751 on November 2017 which I have not received any reply yet. 

I am in process to apply for N-400 ( I will be finishing 3 years in December 2018 so I figured from all the comments that I am eligible to apply 3 months prior to December-2018).

I am currently in Kentucky. Is there anything I need to make sure while applying for N-400 and also I should be eligible to apply for N-400 while waiting for I-751 reply, Correct? 

Thanks everyone for time.

Sounds like you're good to go. Remember, if you are waiting for a document of evidence or you forget to upload one when you first fill out the N-400 online, you can always upload more documents in the future after you originally submit the application. Good luck

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Wohoo! Filed I-751 in November 2016, N-400 in March 2018, just received notification today that my N-400 interview letter is on its way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife and I went through the i751 and n400 combo interview a month ago. At the time, the IO stated that she would receive both her green card and a notice of an upcoming oath ceremony. We were happy about the latter and sort of rolled our eyes about the former. We didn't think they would bother initiating the processing to generate a green card. And they haven't. Nor have they updated the online status for the i751 application. It remains "received by the local office March 5th, 2018". So if you do have an upcoming combo interview you might want to temper your expectations on receiving a green card. It might not happen. My wife did go in some months ago to get the i551 stamp which is good until July 2019 so at this point there would be no reason to need a 10 year green card. Good luck everyone. I hope everyone gets their combo interview notice soon.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Russ&Caro said:

My wife and I went through the i751 and n400 combo interview a month ago. At the time, the IO stated that she would receive both her green card and a notice of an upcoming oath ceremony. We were happy about the latter and sort of rolled our eyes about the former. We didn't think they would bother initiating the processing to generate a green card. And they haven't. Nor have they updated the online status for the i751 application. It remains "received by the local office March 5th, 2018". So if you do have an upcoming combo interview you might want to temper your expectations on receiving a green card. It might not happen. My wife did go in some months ago to get the i551 stamp which is good until July 2019 so at this point there would be no reason to need a 10 year green card. Good luck everyone. I hope everyone gets their combo interview notice soon.

Congratulations on becoming US citizen very soon!! I have very similar situation where I had combo interview in April 2018. I-751 was approved in May 2018 and N-400 was approved on June 1st, 2018. But unfortunately I am having the worst of both world. As of today neither do I have actual green card nor do I have my oath scheduled yet (it was scheduled once but quickly de-scheduled by USCIS). My green card was never ordered due to N-400. So I did numerous info-pass and phone calls to at least process one of them. Unfortunately it was futile. Since USCIS was dragging my N-400 oath,  in last shot I submitted e-request with very stern message on 08/17 to produce my green card. Last week USCIS informed me that they requested my actual green card  and told me that it can take upto 60-90 days. I thought that my e-request would force USCIS to schedule me for oath. But alas, what a disaster they created....So in a nutshell I believe rules vary from one field office to another. You have to be on top of your game!

P.s. I got I-551 stamp from my last info-pass visit in August but it is only good for 4 months.

Removal of Conditions
09/06/2016 Sent I-751 package to CSC

09/09/2016 USCIS received package
09/13/2016 Check cleared
09/15/2016 NOA1 hard copy. Date 09/09/2016

04/11/2018 Combo interview with N-400

05/10/2018 I-751 approved!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/15/2018 at 7:17 PM, Zombie69 said:

Ah, you are right. You have to be registered to vote. Your interview date cuts it kind of close. Oh well, at least you will be a citizen, and that is something to celebrate about!!!! 

Well, not being able to vote makes me feel young since I couldn't vote when I was 17 years old!  :lol:

I feel like I'm 17 again (and turning 18 soon)!   :rofl:

2 hours ago, Russ&Caro said:

I'm having a combo interview too!  I hope everything goes well.  Fingers crossed!  :thumbs:

1 hour ago, punter13 said:

Congratulations on becoming US citizen very soon!! I have very similar situation where I had combo interview in April 2018. I-751 was approved in May 2018 and N-400 was approved on June 1st, 2018. But unfortunately I am having the worst of both world. As of today neither do I have actual green card nor do I have my oath scheduled yet (it was scheduled once but quickly de-scheduled by USCIS). My green card was never ordered due to N-400. So I did numerous info-pass and phone calls to at least process one of them. Unfortunately it was futile. Since USCIS was dragging my N-400 oath,  in last shot I submitted e-request with very stern message on 08/17 to produce my green card. Last week USCIS informed me that they requested my actual green card  and told me that it can take upto 60-90 days. I thought that my e-request would force USCIS to schedule me for oath. But alas, what a disaster they created....So in a nutshell I believe rules vary from one field office to another. You have to be on top of your game!

P.s. I got I-551 stamp from my last info-pass visit in August but it is only good for 4 months.

4 months!?  :wow: I didn't know that some office issued an extension for less than 6 months!  :no: 

At the Seattle office, they give you either a 6-month extension or 1-year extension (but they're probably the slowest office)!   :yes:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

On 8/30/2018 at 9:28 PM, flash9153 said:

Anybody here from Chicago who had their combo interview approved? I am hearing on other threads that Chicago office doesn't do combo interview even if the spouse is present. My wife is March 2017 i-751 filer (currently pending and transferred to NBC) and February 2018 N400 filer. Her N400 interview was just scheduled for 10/03/18. Do you folks think that they we will successfully receive a combo interview? Or is our journey still going to be significantly longer? 

Hi, I am in the same boat, my N-400 interview scheduled October 2. 

On 9/12/2018 at 8:29 AM, Jane D said:

Hi, everybody. I am a Combo filer as well, and was wondering if anybody has CASE STATUS message for N400, saying that they can’t provide any information on the case at this time. I am having this message for a few weeks. I tried the Automated voicemail system and before it was giving me some update, like last update that I used to have, as of right now it also says the same thing - that they can’t provide information on my case. Does anybody have the same thing?

12610AD7-6F9C-473A-A8EF-B2567A6FB044.png

I have had the same massege and approximately one month later they scheduled my N-400 interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

Well, not being able to vote makes me feel young since I couldn't vote when I was 17 years old!  :lol:

I'm having a combo interview too!  I hope everything goes well.  Fingers crossed!  :thumbs:

4 months!?  :wow: I didn't know that some office issued an extension for less than 6 months!  :no: 

At the Seattle office, they give you either a 6-month extension or 1-year extension (but they're probably the slowest office)!   :yes:

I wish you all the best for your combo interview. I hope that you get a chance to vote this time.

Haha, you should have seen the face of officer when I requested I-551 stamp. Officer is like " why do you need stamp?" and I am like "For employment and travel purpose." Even I was shocked when officer only gave me stamp for 4 months and asked  to come back if it expires and I am still not the citizen. What a drag!! Thinking about filing writ of mandamus if I miss voting this time.

Removal of Conditions
09/06/2016 Sent I-751 package to CSC

09/09/2016 USCIS received package
09/13/2016 Check cleared
09/15/2016 NOA1 hard copy. Date 09/09/2016

04/11/2018 Combo interview with N-400

05/10/2018 I-751 approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

Haha ... You think Seattle office is the slowest? Wait until you see Dallas office with 26 months wait time ... lolz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Asilarmani said:

I’ve been waiting for I751 since January 2017 and i filled my N400 in January 2018 , still waiting for interview, since they transferred my case May 3 , nothing happened, I don’t know if I have to go check with them or just wait 

Must be a technical error because I never made such a comment as I was already naturalized on May 23th.

Edited by Zombie69

4 hours ago, MemeB said:

I have had the same massege and approximately one month later they scheduled my N-400 interview.

@MemeB when is your N-400 interview ? It probably will be a combo interview at the Chicago office, we have a separate thread for combo filers in Chicago. Check it out, a few folks have posted their experiences.

On 9/17/2018 at 2:58 PM, Cielle.Cielle said:

Wohoo! Filed I-751 in November 2016, N-400 in March 2018, just received notification today that my N-400 interview letter is on its way.

Congrats!  Good luck with the interview.

Edited by Mountain Climber

On 9/18/2018 at 8:27 AM, Russ&Caro said:

Congrats!  Almost done.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
On 9/14/2018 at 7:30 PM, AustinCanada said:

I've just received an interview notification email!  :wow::wow::wow:

I'll receive the interview letter next week to find out the interview date!  :dance:

Well, I'll need to study US history again!    I've forgotten about what I studied!  :bonk:

I was studying pretty hard last summer since I thought I was getting my interview last winter/spring!    :lol:

Yay finally. You need to celebrate because it took them forever to schedule your interview. I am very happy for you. Best wishes

5 hours ago, MemeB said:

Hi, I am in the same boat, my N-400 interview scheduled October 2. 

Great news!  Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.