2,950 posts in this topic

Our N-400 interview (with ROC pending) was canceled today due to weather... Bummer! Back to the waiting game. 

event.png

event.png
3-18-2014 - Mailed I-129F
3-24-2014 - NOA1 (email)
9-2-2014 - NOA2 (email)
9-16-2014 - NVC Received
9-17-21014 - NVC Case #
9-19-2014 - Belize Embassy Received electronically
10-15-2014 - Notice that Packet 3 was ready.
10-17-2014 - Fiance picked up both Packet 3 and Packet 4
11-11-2014 - Interview!! **Embassy cancelled because they remembered it was Veteran's day :wacko:
11-18-2014 - Interview!!!

My I-751 case has just been transferred from CSC to NBC - is that a good thing?  I've been out of the loop for while!

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

90 Day Window Opened.....08/03/17

I-751 Packet Sent................08/04/17

NOA Dated...........................08/07/17

NOA Received......................08/09/17

Check Cashed......................08/09/17

Biometrics Letter Rcvd........08/26/17

Biometrics Appointment......09/07/17

Approval................................08/05/19

Naturalization Timeline

Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

90 Day Window Opened.......08/03/18

N-400 Filed (Online)..............08/03/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/03/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/20/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/07/18

Interview Letter Dated...........07/01/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............07/08/19

Interview................................08/05/19

Approval................................08/05/19

Oath.......................................08/22/19

On 12/19/2018 at 9:31 PM, hsp_1221 said:

You can call USCIS contact number 800-375-5283 on thursday or Friday and ask to speak to USCIS immigration officer. The waiting time sometime cane be very long but once call center transferred you will have to leave your contact number and You will get call back from immigration officer. I had to call for I-751 extension letter. 

If you have pending I-751, I would advise to call and just get it clear. 

Good luck 

Thanks for this. I just called -- and my goodness! No more clarity after talking to two people (second one was the "immigration officer"), just an hour of my life I am never getting back. :(

Basically I asked what "local office" my I-751 application file is currently at to confirm whether it is the same one where my N-400 interview will take place in a couple of weeks. The IO went around and around telling me "it's at your local office," never able to confirm which town that is in. (There are two nearby; my green card interview was in one a few years back, while the citizenship interview is scheduled to be at the other.) So disappointing...

On 12/19/2018 at 7:12 PM, implife said:

I wonder if there are any warning signs to look for: like absence of information about pending ROC in the Naturalization interview invite. I would expect acknowledgement of the fact both petitions were combined.

Anyway, good thing you're British. I would've completely lost it in there. 

I'd also think there should be info about I-751 in the citizenship interview appointment letter, but I don't think there is in any of the cases I have read about on this thread. Even when the files are with the same office and a combo interview takes place successfully, I don't believe the applicants are informed of the merge in advance. 

Anyone whose experience suggests otherwise? 

I applied for ROC last January 2018. I'm about to finish the N400 application online, and I will submit it soon, even if my ROC is still pending. My question is, did any of you submit the extension letter along with the expired green card when you applied for N400?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, LizB0322 said:

I applied for ROC last January 2018. I'm about to finish the N400 application online, and I will submit it soon, even if my ROC is still pending. My question is, did any of you submit the extension letter along with the expired green card when you applied for N400?

Thank you!

I didn't as it's not necessary. 

1 hour ago, DeKi said:

I didn't as it's not necessary. 

Thank you for replying DeKi! Did you file n400 online? if so, how is the payment process? Can I pay with a debit card?

12 minutes ago, LizB0322 said:

Thank you for replying DeKi! Did you file n400 online? if so, how is the payment process? Can I pay with a debit card?

Nvm, I found the info in the USCIS website. Thank you!

11 hours ago, LizB0322 said:

Thank you!

I am in the same situation. I applied on Jan 2nd 2019 for the N400 online, and I attached 18 months extension letter with the expired green card, plus all other documents they ask for (there is a document check list which I followed). The payment is easy, I paid with debit card $725.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 1/3/2019 at 4:54 PM, CJKylie said:

My I-751 case has just been transferred from CSC to NBC - is that a good thing?  I've been out of the loop for while!

It probably has not been transferred. I got the same notice after I got my 751 approval. It is a system glitch. I was naturalized on 5/23/2018, and it is now still saying my 751 has been transferred to a new office that has the jurisdiction. My 751 approval went backwards to pending. I would disregard it and just wait.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 1/3/2019 at 6:51 AM, Dzenana said:

Hello! 😁

I have I-751 pending in CSC since Dec 6 2017 (based on marriage). My case status is frozen since March 5th showing they received my case to local office.

I applied for N400 yesterday online (I could have done it since Nov 2017), and I belong to San Bernandino USCIS field office which shows N400 processing time from 5.5 months to 14 months.

Today, the status online says they have received it and sending me NOA + estimated waiting time is 11 months (it doesn't mention I751 combined).

Reading different experiences here, it seems that this online updating somehow doesn't follow what happened with real timings.

Does anyone have experience with combo LA ft San Bernandino lately?

Muchas thanks 🤗

Can no longer trust any update unless it is an approval. I got my 751 approval update last year in April and I got the approval letter as well, and a week later, the update went backwards and said my 751 has been transferred to a new office. I was naturalized on 5/23/2018, and my 751 update is still the same saying it has been transferred. I would ignore any updates unless they are approvals or "oath ceremony scheduled" or "in line for interview" or "we mailed you the letter for oath ceremony".

Edited by Zombie69

After 63 days of waiting, I finally got my Oathtaking Ceremony scheduled. It will be on Feb 11, 2019. 🤸‍♀️🤪

---

**N-400** 06-27-2018 : N-400 online & NOA1 || 07-07-18 : received Bio Appt e-mail notification || 07-27-18 : Biometrics reviewed || 09-25-18 : OFFICIAL 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY || 11-06-18 : Interview || 12-18-2018 : APPROVED; in line to be scheduled for Oathtaking || 02-11-19 : OATHTAKING CEREMONY --

Edited by gypsyqueen

**N-400** 06-27-2018 : N-400 online & NOA1 || 07-07-18 : received Bio Appt e-mail notification || 07-27-18 : Biometrics reviewed || 09-25-18 : OFFICIAL 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY || 11-06-18 : Interview 

|| 12-18-2018 : APPROVED; in line to be scheduled for Oathtaking || 02-11-19 : OATHTAKING CEREMONY --

**ROC** (pending)  07-26-2017 : I-751 sent || 07-31-2017 : NOA1 || 09-05-2017 : Biometrics || 08-09-2018 : Case transferred to local office || 12-18-2018 : Card in production || 12-26-18 : received GC --

**AOS/EAD/AP** 02-20-2015 : AOS filed || 02-24-2015 : NOA1 || 03-19-2015 : Biometrics || 04-30-2015 : EAD&AP approved || 05-05-2015 : EAD&AP received || 09-25-2015 : Conditional GC approved || 10-02-2015 : GC received --

**K-1** 08-12-2014 : I-129F Sent || 08-14-2014 : NOA1 || 09-03-2014 : NOA2 || 09-10-2014 : Petition transferred from USCIS to NVC || 09-18-2014 : NVC received || 09-24-2014 : US Embassy MNL received our case || 10-14-2014 : Medical Exam done! || 10-23-2014 : Interview || 10-31-2014 : Passport & Visa on hand --

On 1/8/2019 at 5:24 AM, gypsyqueen said:

After 63 days of waiting, I finally got my Oathtaking Ceremony scheduled. It will be on Feb 11, 2019. 🤸‍♀️🤪

---

**N-400** 06-27-2018 : N-400 online & NOA1 || 07-07-18 : received Bio Appt e-mail notification || 07-27-18 : Biometrics reviewed || 09-25-18 : OFFICIAL 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY || 11-06-18 : Interview || 12-18-2018 : APPROVED; in line to be scheduled for Oathtaking || 02-11-19 : OATHTAKING CEREMONY --

Congrats!  Almost done.

Hello all, 

I just returned from the office. There is a mix of feelings. I still cant believe its almost over. 

The N400 interview was scheduled at 10:05am, My husband and I arrived there at 9:20am, there was a big line outside of the Los Angeles Federal building. We were just able to get in 9:55am. We checked in and awaited more than 2 hours to be called by the officer. 

The officer seemed new and inexperienced. He started with the 10 history and government questions. 

- One war in 1990s

- Who is the father of out country

- Who is the Chief Justice

- Who was the first President

- How many members has US House of Representative. 

- What month we vote for President

Then after all correct answers, he started the reading and writing test. 

He went over all the application confirming all the filled fields. Then yes or no questions. The supervisor got in the room to help the officer and requested me evidence of marriage that i gave the tax return last 3 years, phone bills with both names, SCE bill, Rent lease. He asked for pictures together and tickets proving travels together that I had. 

In the end of interview he said I passed on the tests but the decision couldn't be made because of the pending I751. My husband was outside on awaiting room but he wasn't allowed to join me in the interview as it wasn't a combo interview. (I751 +N400)

Even when I knew this could happen is kind of frustrating being waiting again an action from USCIS, but i am relieved the interview is done. Patience is the key. 

God is with us. I will keep you all updated regarding the next movements of my process. 

Thank you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Husbandandwife said:

Hello all, 

I just returned from the office. There is a mix of feelings. I still cant believe its almost over. 

The N400 interview was scheduled at 10:05am, My husband and I arrived there at 9:20am, there was a big line outside of the Los Angeles Federal building. We were just able to get in 9:55am. We checked in and awaited more than 2 hours to be called by the officer. 

The officer seemed new and inexperienced. He started with the 10 history and government questions. 

- One war in 1990s

- Who is the father of out country

- Who is the Chief Justice

- Who was the first President

- How many members has US House of Representative. 

- What month we vote for President

Then after all correct answers, he started the reading and writing test. 

He went over all the application confirming all the filled fields. Then yes or no questions. The supervisor got in the room to help the officer and requested me evidence of marriage that i gave the tax return last 3 years, phone bills with both names, SCE bill, Rent lease. He asked for pictures together and tickets proving travels together that I had. 

In the end of interview he said I passed on the tests but the decision couldn't be made because of the pending I751. My husband was outside on awaiting room but he wasn't allowed to join me in the interview as it wasn't a combo interview. (I751 +N400)

Even when I knew this could happen is kind of frustrating being waiting again an action from USCIS, but i am relieved the interview is done. Patience is the key. 

God is with us. I will keep you all updated regarding the next movements of my process. 

Thank you. 

Congrats ... You're just a step away, oath ceremony ... stay positive. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.