2,948 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all 

it's 18 months 7 days since i filed for removal of conditions VSC on October, 5 2017 and the processing time is 19 month (almost there )

I filed N400 September  2018 and processing time is 26 month for citizenship 

should I expect response for 751 in the next 20 days ?

will it be combined with N400 ? 

every couple of weeks they say we are still reviewing your application and no action at this time 

Wow that's awesome! Congratulations! Looking forward for a response from them pretty soon.

2 hours ago, Bixby said:

.Just got an email ,text alert.New card in production.12 days post response to rfe

1 hour ago, desperate112 said:

Hi all 

it's 18 months 7 days since i filed for removal of conditions VSC on October, 5 2017 and the processing time is 19 month (almost there )

every couple of weeks they say we are still reviewing your application and no action at this time 

Where is your case now? Still in Vermont ? What and when was the last activity on the I-751?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, desperate112 said:

Hi all 

I'm in the same situation. I created a separate thread for this. I have also been waiting for 18 months and my N-400's estimation is Nov/Dec 2019. I made an e-Inquiry and this is the reply I got:

"Recently, you contacted us about the status of your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, filed on October 02, 2017. On October 01, 2018, you also filed a Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records indicate that your Form I-751 and Form N-400 are currently pending and will be adjudicated at the same time."

It looks like they are combining the two. If that is true, this could mean prolonged I-751 limbo status until the interview day of N-400.

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

Nebraska Service Center I-751 Filers:

Let's go to this thread to share and discuss our processing timelines:

👆 Let's go to this thread to discuss the timelines in Nebraska (LIN) center! 👆

On 4/14/2019 at 1:30 AM, saedmansaed said:

hello all i wanna ask question i finish my i751 month ago with error name and then i file again form i-90 i did my finger print  everthing good but i didnt recive my new green can so can i file for N400 with out the  new green card ?

We all have been waiting fornour new card since August of 2017 - it takes much longer than a month.

You can file N-400 without the new card, but make sure you are eligible. If you do this, they will most likely combine both cases.

What would happened to my case number (EAC), anybody know? Right now it is in status “case was transferred and new office has jurisdiction”. About a week ago I got a notice that case was transferred to NBC to be scheduled for interview. Is that mean I’ll get a new case number? Or would there be an update on the existing case number once interview is scheduled? No N400 filed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
30 minutes ago, vvp said:

What would happened to my case number (EAC), anybody know? Right now it is in status “case was transferred and new office has jurisdiction”. About a week ago I got a notice that case was transferred to NBC to be scheduled for interview. Is that mean I’ll get a new case number? Or would there be an update on the existing case number once interview is scheduled? No N400 filed.

Case number will not change until it is adjudicated.

18 minutes ago, GBOS said:

Case number will not change until it is adjudicated.

I'm just wondering because I haven't seen  cases with the statuses like "scheduled interview" or something like that. Maybe that's rare or something... It would be nice to know right away once they are ready for the interview. I don't trust mail notices, my RFE notice never arrived and I had to call USCIS twice, it took almost 2 months to actually get a hold of RFE notice... so frustrating. 

Edited by vvp

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 minute ago, vvp said:

I'm just wondering because I haven't seen  cases with the statuses like "scheduled interview" or something like that. Maybe that's rare or something... It would be nice to know right away once they are ready for the interview. I don't trust mail notices, my RFE notice never arrived and I had to call USCIS twice, it took almost 2 months to actually get a hold of RFE notice... so frustrating. 

I am with you on getting worried on paper notices.  Every notice should be done electronically nowadays.

The interview is scheduled by NBC (for both stand-alone I-751 and combined I-751&N-400), but all slots are provided and managed by your local office.  Once slot is available and your file gets to the front of the queue, you will be notified and file will once again be sent to the local office where the interview will be held.

I-751 stand-alone does take a very long time to be scheduled too. That is the downside.

17 minutes ago, GBOS said:

I am with you on getting worried on paper notices.  Every notice should be done electronically nowadays.

The interview is scheduled by NBC (for both stand-alone I-751 and combined I-751&N-400), but all slots are provided and managed by your local office.  Once slot is available and your file gets to the front of the queue, you will be notified and file will once again be sent to the local office where the interview will be held.

I-751 stand-alone does take a very long time to be scheduled too. That is the downside.

thanks for the feedback! Well, all I can do is wait... I'm worried a bit about an interview. My friend just had a N400 interview in the same local office 3 weeks ago. Oh and it was horrible. Interview took about 2 hours, every aspect of her life was questioned. She is a permanent resident for 10 years and have been married for 8 years of of the 10 year residency. Officer literally asked her if she married her husband for green card 3 times. Overall the whole interview felt like a harassment. I wonder if she just got unlucky because everywhere else I read positive reviews about interviews.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.