2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Mgdtime97 said:

Because I'm going to visit my fiance soon, I was starting to get things together for her consulate interview.  Does the I-134 have to be filled out within a certain time of the interview?  Can I get all the supporting documentation and required forms filled and signed now, before receiving our NOA2?

Reading through the consulates website, it says:

Prior to the interview, the beneficiary will receive an instruction packet either from the U.S. Department of State National Visa Center (NVC) or from the U.S. Consulate (only in exceptional cases).  This packet will provide a link to instructions on what documents you must prepare for your interview.  Please follow all instructions carefully as missing documents will delay issuance of the visa.

Is it sent to the beneficiary's address on the I-129F?

10/03/2017 I-129F sent

10/05/2017 - I-129F delivered

10/10/2017 - NOA1 

03/29/2018 - NOA2 

04/17/2018 NVC case received

04/19/2018 - NVC case number assigned

05/16/2018 - In Transit to Consulate

05/18/2018 - Ready at Consulate

06/18/2018 - Medical

07/03/2018 - Interview

07/19/2018 - VOH

07/27/2018 - POE

Post NOA2 Information For Brazil

3 hours ago, Mgdtime97 said:

Because I'm going to visit my fiance soon, I was starting to get things together for her consulate interview.  Does the I-134 have to be filled out within a certain time of the interview?  Can I get all the supporting documentation and required forms filled and signed now, before receiving our NOA2?

I was also wondering this...I was going to start gathering everything he needs from me for his interview as soon as I get the NO2 in the mail then send it over to him. I hope that's ok to do but not 100% sure...can anyone shed some knowledge on this matter?

9 hours ago, Mgdtime97 said:

Hang in there.  Waiting is hard.  Waiting but not knowing how long you have to wait is even harder.  We all know how you feel.  We know they are processing cases, and we know they are deep into July.  Only August and September until October starts.  It's coming.  

I know its just worried that my medical history might go against me... from what ive read/been told on these forums it wont, its just a worry for me thats all.. it'll pass :( thank you

5 hours ago, L and E said:

Are you worried it will negatively effect your medical? Or worrying on a personal level about your health? Because if you’re worrying about the medical.. someone correct me if I’m wrong... but i don’t *think* depression is something they are worried about for immigration purposes.. I want to say they are concerned about communicable diseases and public health. It’s just what makes sense to me. Someone with more exact knowledge might want to chime in though.. 

Depression is a concern as they need to make sure there isnt an on-going worry or a threat to a life, i took some stupid paracetamol overdoses a few years back & i dont want it to haunt my future. There were reasons i did what i did at the time.

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Brittani said:

I was also wondering this...I was going to start gathering everything he needs from me for his interview as soon as I get the NO2 in the mail then send it over to him. I hope that's ok to do but not 100% sure...can anyone shed some knowledge on this matter?

Normally, I-134 should be as recent as it can be (even though the website says in a year is accepted)

Especially for us who is going to get interview after April as 2017 returns will be out by then. (so get those ready)(but you can ask for previous years anytime)

And the most recent pay stubs will also be a necessity. 

If everyone gets everything ready right after NOA2, I believe you can get an early Interview.

However, each embassy is different, some sends packages some don't, some requires (such as mine) the paper they sent to be taken to the medical and book an interview afterwards.

So please check your embassy's website, and try to look around for how your embassy works.

2 minutes ago, Naes said:

Normally, I-134 should be as recent as it can be (even though the website says in a year is accepted)

Especially for us who is going to get interview after April as 2017 returns will be out by then. (so get those ready)(but you can ask for previous years anytime)

And the most recent pay stubs will also be a necessity. 

If everyone gets everything ready right after NOA2, I believe you can get an early Interview.

However, each embassy is different, some sends packages some don't, some requires (such as mine) the paper they sent to be taken to the medical and book an interview afterwards.

So please check your embassy's website, and try to look around for how your embassy works.

Thanks...I was going to start preparing everything once I got the N02 in mail and have it sent over within a week or two. I've already made the copies of my last 3 tax returns for my fiance to just keep on him so he'll already have that. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Brittani said:

Thanks...I was going to start preparing everything once I got the N02 in mail and have it sent over within a week or two. I've already made the copies of my last 3 tax returns for my fiance to just keep on him so he'll already have that. 

I think that's the best way to do it. Did you get 2017 ready too? We just asked for it waiting for it to mail. 

Just now, Naes said:

I think that's the best way to do it. Did you get 2017 ready too? We just asked for it waiting for it to mail. 

Yes mam, I filed on January 30th so I would have that information and they gave me a packet back. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Brittani said:

Yes mam, I filed on January 30th so I would have that information and they gave me a packet back. 

And thats the day I bitched at my fiancé to file his :lol: (Really not the proactive one that one.. he didn't even know which one I needed)

I think you already know but in case someone else reads this

don't forget to get the "IRS tax return transcripts" (can be obtained from their website for free it takes 5-10 days to reach your door)not the tax return which you file.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Meisha&Jake said:

I know its just worried that my medical history might go against me... from what ive read/been told on these forums it wont, its just a worry for me thats all.. it'll pass :( thank you

Depression is a concern as they need to make sure there isnt an on-going worry or a threat to a life, i took some stupid paracetamol overdoses a few years back & i dont want it to haunt my future. There were reasons i did what i did at the time.

I see.. I have a past that I hope doesn't haunt me through this process as well. I was young and reckless.. Technically it doesn't barre me from this process but I always still worry about it because well.. I'm ashamed of it and I've been punished and put in the corner for it so I feel like it might continue to cause me problems, especially because I'm so anxious NOT to have problems with this process. So... all that is to say I hear you... I wish I had something more concrete like a link on this site but I'm sure you've done your research. I'm going to be positive and calm for you.. I think everything will turn out fine. I can't wait to see your VOH post! ((Hugs))

9 hours ago, L and E said:

I see.. I have a past that I hope doesn't haunt me through this process as well. I was young and reckless.. Technically it doesn't barre me from this process but I always still worry about it because well.. I'm ashamed of it and I've been punished and put in the corner for it so I feel like it might continue to cause me problems, especially because I'm so anxious NOT to have problems with this process. So... all that is to say I hear you... I wish I had something more concrete like a link on this site but I'm sure you've done your research. I'm going to be positive and calm for you.. I think everything will turn out fine. I can't wait to see your VOH post! ((Hugs))

I dont think it will from what i've read im just frightened that my past health will affect me being with Jake in America :( ofc if worse comes to worse he will move here, just going to be an even longer journey i guess. I need to stay positive but for some reason it got to me this week

Hugs to you too! x

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

11 hours ago, Naes said:

And thats the day I bitched at my fiancé to file his :lol: (Really not the proactive one that one.. he didn't even know which one I needed)

I think you already know but in case someone else reads this

don't forget to get the "IRS tax return transcripts" (can be obtained from their website for free it takes 5-10 days to reach your door)not the tax return which you file.

Do you know what we would need to do if I don't have any US tax returns? I have lived in South Korea and Japan for basically the past three years and while I'm currently back working in the US, I don't have anything else to show.

Timeline

I was going through the instructions for the K1 visa on my embassy's website and found this:

Until you receive your green card your ADIT stamp is your proof of legal residency in the United States and you can immediately live, work and study in the U.S.

Does that mean we're allowed to work before we get the actual EAD?

J1 Waiver

• 1/9/2018 - Packet shipped 🚚
  • 1/15/2018 - Packet delivered 📨
  • 1/16/2018 - Check cashed 💸
  • 1/30/2018 - Documents received 📨
  • 1/31/2018 - Requested embassy to send No Objection Statement 📄
  • 2/2/2018 - Embassy sent No Objection Statement to DoS ✉️
  • 2/2/2018 - No Objection Statement received 📨
  • 3/26/2018 - Favorable Recommendation 🎉
  • 4/2/2018 - USCIS Received 📨
  • 4/18/2018 - Approved 🎉

K1 Visa

• 10/5/2017 - Application Received 📨
  • 10/10/2017 - NOA1 📄
  • 3/30/2018 - NOA2 🎉
  • 4/25/2018 - NVC received 📨
  • 4/26/2018 - Case number assigned, CEAC In Transit 🚚
  • 5/3/2018 - CEAC Ready
  • 6/18/2018 - Medical 💉
  • 6/19/2018 - Interview - Approved! 🎉
  • 6/20/2018 - CEAC Application Received 📨
  • 6/21/2018 - CEAC Administrative processing 💤
  • 6/21/2018 - CEAC Issued ✉️
  • 7/2/2018 - Visa in hands 🛂
  • 7/6/2018 - POE 🛬
  • 8/18/2018 - Married! 🎊

AOS

• 9/7/2018 - Packet shipped 🚚
  • 9/11/2018 - NOA1 📄
  • 9/12/2018 - Check cashed 💸
  • 9/14/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Notice 📄
  • 9/17/2018 - NOA1 Hard copy 📄
  • 9/21/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Hard copy 📄
  • [Somewhere in between] RFE
  • 10/5/2018 - Biometrics Appt/Fingerprint review was complete 🛂
  • 11/20/2018 - RFE response 📤
  • 12/26/2018 - Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
  • 1/10/2018 - Interview Was Scheduled 📅
  • 2/4/2019 - EAD+AP approved 🎉
  • 2/9/2019 - EAD+AP combo card in the mail ✉️
  • 2/21/2019 - Interview
  • 2/21/2019 - Interview was completed and case must be reviewed 
  • 3/12/2019 - New card is being produced
  • 3/18/2019 - Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service

Removal of Conditions

• 3/24/2021 - Filed
  • 4/21/2021 - NOA1
  • 6/28/2021 - Biometrics
  • 9/29/2022 - Request for additional evidence
  • 10/18/2022 - RFE response sent
  • 10/26/2022 - RFE response received
  • 11/22/2022 - New card is being produced
  • 11/23/2022 - Case was approved
  • 11/25/2022 - Card Was Mailed To Me (Updated 11/28/2022)
  • 11/28/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service
  • 11/30/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Timeline
1 hour ago, Matt430 said:

Do you know what we would need to do if I don't have any US tax returns? I have lived in South Korea and Japan for basically the past three years and while I'm currently back working in the US, I don't have anything else to show.

Explanation, recent w2, bank statements, employment letter. But as nothing is ever sure, you may also peepers a co-sponsor just in case.

However i believe a US citizen should file taxes even if they're outside the country? But I'm not petitioner I may be wrong.

46 minutes ago, Buhr said:

I was going through the instructions for the K1 visa on my embassy's website and found this:

Does that mean we're allowed to work before we get the actual EAD?

No. It means you can use it to show you're not illegal although you don't have a visa in your passport.

i would say that is not for k1 btw. The other automatically just wait for their green card to reach them in US and it sounds like that time period. Because they already have the status just didn't get the card.

Edited by Naes

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Matt430 said:

You still had to declare income unless you weren't legally required to (perhaps because you didn't have any or it was too low). If that's the case you have to submit a written explanation of it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 02/02/2018 at 4:58 PM, Naes said:

There was one more topic of October filers with wrong title, and somebody just commented there and it bump up. So I bumped this one to appear before the other one.

That's me who made it. Sorry for my mistake. I didnt know that we have this forum when I made it. Is there a way that I can hide that or delete it so I wont mislead anyone from october filers? Thank you. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.