Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, moosy said:

Same exact situation here: still waiting on the interview letter.

I sent a message to a person who had their greencard in 4 months somehow, with interview (atlanta area as well), to ask if they did anything to speed it up.

I am preparing the EAD/AP renewal now. But good to know it's not just me who is still waiting. Not fun, but still, comforting somehow.

On June 19, we got email notice that we were ready to be scheduled for interview. Just 2 days ago, we got email notice that we have been scheduled for interview. Have you received the notice that you are ready to be scheduled for interview?  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 minute ago, Diane and Chris said:

On June 19, we got email notice that we were ready to be scheduled for interview. Just 2 days ago, we got email notice that we have been scheduled for interview. Have you received the notice that you are ready to be scheduled for interview?  

Yes, I received that they are ready to schedule an interview in October 2017 right after my biometrics, but only when I switched to the new site. The old site claims they have only received the fingerprint fee (and still has no update on biometrics, AP/EAD, etc).

4 minutes ago, moosy said:

I was definitely one of the first, but apparently that means nothing when it comes to AOS. Plus, I did not get a job faster either, as I applied to more uppity jobs and they do not trust a work permit, but only a greencard. So I am basically stuck until I get that greencard.

So it is clearly completely random. Hate that.

I'll follow your timeline as well.

Good luck!

That’s too bad about the job. We were just about to mail the EAD renewal/extension this week. I guess we don’t need to now. The EAD expires the end of October. Good luck to you as well. :)

3 minutes ago, moosy said:

Yes, I received that they are ready to schedule an interview in October 2017 right after my biometrics, but only when I switched to the new site. The old site claims they have only received the fingerprint fee (and still has no update on biometrics, AP/EAD, etc).

There is no rhyme or reason to any of the process. We only get updates on the old site. The new site still has fingerprint fee received, which was last July!  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 7/20/2018 at 10:35 PM, Visitor User said:

Congrats.

My RD is 10/4/17. 

Bio 11/6/17.

How does an applicant determine their F/O. 

I had a RFIE though. 

Your field office is determined by where you live. As such, the field office should be the closest office to your address. 

Edited by Nerop

8 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

Exactly!  We started waiting about 6 months ago!  We are waiting for the letter in the mail that will give us the date. My friend from Germany got her greencard in 7 months back in March with no interview. She lives in the Atlanta area. Good luck. I’ll follow your timeline and keep checking on you. 

Hi~Do you know where the decision letter of waiving interview is from? NBC or Local Office?

On 7/25/2018 at 10:49 AM, Diane and Chris said:

Beginning to gather documents such as bills, bank statements, house deed, car title, car insurance and some photos. Good luck at your interview!  Where do you guys go?  We will interview in Atlanta. 

We’ll be going to the San Antonio F/O. Good luck to us!

7 hours ago, Number 9 said:

It has been such a long journey, but I am so glad to finally see the end. 

I had my interview on Monday in San Diego field office. For your information I adjusted from F1 student visa, and my adjustment is based on my marriage to a U.S. citizen. 

My husband and I got a help from Catholic Charities from the submission last October. 

When we got our interview notice about 5 weeks prior to the interview date, we called them again to get an appointment. 

We sat down with our case manager (don't know her exact job title), and she went over the documents we should bring to the interview. 

She also gave us some tips of what we can/can't at the interview. 

The interview took 30 minutes + some more. I didn't check my watch, so I don't know it exactly.

The interviewer was a young woman, and she was not aggressive.

First, show me some original documents, like marriage certificate, birth certificates and any related ones.

Next, she said she was going to check some facts, and asked me to tell her what I did as a F1 visa student. 

I was not hesitant, and I walked her through where I studied. She seemed satisfied with my answer. 

She also asked basic questions. What's your street name? 

Who do you live with?

When's your last entry to the U.S? 

Have you ever been abroad since you renewed your passport? 

Is there any stamps on your new passport? 

How did you two meet? How did your relationship develop to marry?

Any other documents to show your marriage is genuine?

We showed pictures (from dating to current and several wedding pictures with family), 2 marriage acknowledgement letters (nortarized), my husband's life insurance (primary beneficiary as me), rental agreement with our names, and AT&T bill with our names. We could've shown recent joint bank statements, and a couple of other things, but we couldn't think of those at the moment. 

She went through the documents, and she took some pictures. We said, "the pictures are for you. Of course, take some. "

She hold one picture with our nephews and nieces, and asked us who they were. My husband got nervous a bit, but it was ok. 

She asked my husband where he's currently working. 

He answered. We didn't show his empolyment verification letters, but she didn't ask. 

I think that was pretty much about it. 

She said that our documents looked fine. 

She took the fingerprints of my index fingers, I think. 

She then explained when the card will arrive, the process after 2 years. 

We even signed a form about the removal of condition, and then she gave us a copy. 

She walked us out the door, and we shook her hand. 

It was hard to believe, but I guess it's true. 

As soon as we got out of the building, we hugged and I cried. 

At 5 pm the same day, the case status changed to "card being produced."

Today, it has changed to "card mailed to the address ..."

For both changes, I got email alerts. 

It was not an easy process, but I am very happy to be finally and officially part of this society. 

I hope my review helps those who are waiting for their interviews. 

There are some possible interview questions if you google. 

We practiced interviewing each other a few times. 

God bless to all of you.    

Thank you so much for this! It really helps us a lot! So happy for you guys! I would have cried too. This journey is definitely excruciating. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My I-765 still says: Case was received at the 10/4/17. Why?

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: MSC**** 

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS 

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview 

As of July 31, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSC**** for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived). 

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Timeline
On 7/26/2018 at 5:59 PM, Nerop said:

Your field office is determined by where you live. As such, the field office should be the closest office to your address. 

Is there an option to select a field office if I can get a quicker appointment date there?

15 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

Is there an option to select a field office if I can get a quicker appointment date there?

Nope, otherwise we'd all be doing that rather than waiting 12-30 months for our interviews.

I-751 - Pending

PD: Jul 27, 2020 (California Service Center / WAC) w/ 18 mth extension letter

Biometrics: N/A - No request for biometrics, no notification of reusing fingerprints 

Office Transfer to National Benefits Center / MSC: Jan 5, 2021 & Jan 6, 2021 ("standard processing")

San Fernando Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

I-130 / I-485 - Approved Oct 2018
PD: Sep 15, 2017
Biometrics: Oct 11, 2017
EAD: Dec 13, 2017 (Didn't apply for AP)
EAD Renewal PD: June 19, 2018
EAD Renewal Fingerprint Review Completed: July 6, 2018
Interview Ready to be Scheduled: Jul 17, 2018
Interview: Oct 16, 2018

Approved - Card Received

AOS from O1 through marriage

San Fernando Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Visitor User said:

My I-765 still says: Case was received at the 10/4/17. Why?

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: MSC**** 

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS 

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview 

As of July 31, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSC**** for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived). 

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

You should get your letter in the post with your interview date on it. Mine never updated either after I got the email. It's still sitting at "We're scheduling your interview" which it has been at since November last year. Congrats, one step closer to getting your green card :)

:wub: Immigration & Expat Blog Links :wub:

My Full K1 Fiance Visa Journey

January 2017 Filer

K1 Approved on the 30th of June 2017 (6.5 months in total, no RFEs).

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

EAD/AP Approved December 2017 (75 days, no RFEs)

AOS Approved 8/15 (no RFEs) 

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

homesickness & everyday life

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Yaztalksalot said:

You should get your letter in the post with your interview date on it. Mine never updated either after I got the email. It's still sitting at "We're scheduling your interview" which it has been at since November last year. Congrats, one step closer to getting your green card :)

Interview letter this week in the mail?

Not only I-765 did not update but I never got my EAD

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Just now, Visitor User said:

Interview letter this week in the mail?

Not only I-765 did not update but I never got my EAD

Might be this week, but could be next just keep your eye out for it :) but it should arrive soon! 

I've heard that can happen, you wont need EAD now anyway if they've scheduled your GC interview. 

:wub: Immigration & Expat Blog Links :wub:

My Full K1 Fiance Visa Journey

January 2017 Filer

K1 Approved on the 30th of June 2017 (6.5 months in total, no RFEs).

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

EAD/AP Approved December 2017 (75 days, no RFEs)

AOS Approved 8/15 (no RFEs) 

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

homesickness & everyday life

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.