Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, atina said:

Sorry to hear about October filers still waiting, I was hoping I would come back here to everyone having their EAD in their hands. I really hope everyone gets is soon.

USCIS received my case on October 19. My EAD and AP were approved on 12/18, received my NOA2s in the mail on Dec 23. My combo card arrived yesterday! Now for the fun part - finding a job :)

How many of you are already in the process of interviewing?

ETA: I should also mention that we were not required to attend an interview, and that my online case status has not updated since my biometrics.

Wow, are you the fastest among October filers, in EVERY aspect: I mean EAD and AOS. Congratulations!!

1 minute ago, Clara Monteiro said:

Hi guys, I just saw I have a package coming today from Corbin-KY, I think its my EAD. I didn’t get any notices of approval or anything.. 

Congratulations!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline
31 minutes ago, shakeyy said:

Did they send you a notice about interview waiver?

They didn't, my bad! I suppose I was expecting to get my work permit way later, after the interview. But no official waiver yet.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 hours ago, F2AOct said:

Have you submitted a SR with USCIS yet? I am 86 days in now and will call USCIS today. 

Yes! I submitted one 11 days ago so on day 78 (76th fell on a Saturday). Got a letter notice abt this service request in the mail saying that they received my request for expedite and it’s under review and a decision will be made shortly.

I’m also adjusting from ESTA so that might be why it’s taking longer than K1 people. 

Edited by Mica711

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline
33 minutes ago, JoJoJoJo said:

Wow, are you the fastest among October filers, in EVERY aspect: I mean EAD and AOS. Congratulations!!

Thanks, but I wish! It was my mistake - there was no official interview waiver, so still no AOS updates. I was just expecting things to go a lot slower than they did.

For me though, as long as I have my EAD I'm good :) I hope you're all hanging in there. How are you all spending your time? It's quite rough, no?

Timeline

I have an update !!

Just spoke to a Tier 2 officer— apparently my case was assigned to an officer to be ready for an interview on December 12 :) he said the appointment notice will be issued 30-45 days after this day so 1/11-1/25 I will know when my interview is. Yay!

Does anyone know when the actual interview is from the date that the interview notice is issued?

online never updated by the way and ironically I never received my EAD stuff lol even if I receive it, it will only be good for a month or so...

36 minutes ago, Mica711 said:

I have an update !!

Just spoke to a Tier 2 officer— apparently my case was assigned to an officer to be ready for an interview on December 12 :) he said the appointment notice will be issued 30-45 days after this day so 1/11-1/25 I will know when my interview is. Yay!

Does anyone know when the actual interview is from the date that the interview notice is issued?

online never updated by the way and ironically I never received my EAD stuff lol even if I receive it, it will only be good for a month or so...

Congratulations!

How did you get to talk to T2? Any tips? My time line is really close to yours and I was never able to get any information on the phone. I was never able to talk to T2 offer as well. Thanks!

Timeline
21 minutes ago, JoJoJoJo said:

Congratulations!

How did you get to talk to T2? Any tips? My time line is really close to yours and I was never able to get any information on the phone. I was never able to talk to T2 offer as well. Thanks!

Thank you! :)

I had put in a SR in the very beginning for expedite of 485 which I never got an answer for to this day. Called today to ask if they ever had an update and they said since it’s been 30 days since the request they’ll have to transfer me to T2. T2 had a 80minute wait so I set up the call back and voila... it’s honestly very hit or miss- I’ve talked to T2 officers who also didn’t give me info so it seems like a game of luck. 

26 minutes ago, EvieMN said:

GUYS!!!

I got a notice today dated December 15th and it is an interview notice!

I thought it would be for the EAD/AP but no, an interview.

It's January 19th in Cleveland which is less than 3 months after my PD.

I'm freaking out already mainly because we have almost no new evidence since we filed only two months ago.

Any advice?

(I'm not adjusting from K1 but still wanted to share in case people are not following the other October thread)

Congrats! If you already have an interview notice for your green card, there's a big chance your EAD and AP is on their way as well. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
32 minutes ago, yoh said:

Congrats! If you already have an interview notice for your green card, there's a big chance your EAD and AP is on their way as well. 

I know they're taking much longer now but if all goes well and we get approved I might not even need them. :)

05/24/2017 Entered the US on a J1 visa

10/10/2017 We got married!

10/27/2017 AOS Package sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

10/30/2017 Package delivered 

10/31/2017 Priority Date

11/07/2017 Received email and text notifications about all 4 forms

11/14/2017 Received hard copies of all 4 NOAs

11/21/2017 Received biometrics appointment notice scheduled for 11/29

12/15/2017 Interview notice - interview is scheduled for January 19th! Holy #$%^ that's less than 3 months from PD!

01/02/2018 EAD + AP approved

01/16/2018 Combo card delivered

01/19/2018 Interview - recommended for approval

01/22/2018 New card is being produced :dance:

UBtw.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, SamSam85 said:

Seems like F2A are delayed compared to other categories.

Maybe FB1 delayed. Is it because they were not in the immediate visa category?

Hey guys, quick update. 

10/06/17 - package sent to uscis

10/10/17 - Received date/PD

10/16/17 - e-notification of cases received

10/21/17 - I-797c mail received 

10/24/17 - bio app letter (for 11/08)

10/31/17 - walked in for bio app

11/06/16 - courtesy letter - take I-693 to interview

12/16/17 - interview notice (for 01/22/18)

12/29/17 - EAD received

12/30/17 - EAD/AP notices received

8 minutes ago, Clara Monteiro said:

Hey guys, quick update. 

12/29/17 - EAD received

Congratulations!

Even the last day of USPS working day of the year, you are getting something. (I was hoping to get something as well the whole night. In the morning, I got informed delivery email, got exited, only to find that the mail is for the previous tenant :( )

Anyway, good luck everyone in the year of 2018!!!

:jest:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Clara Monteiro said:

Hey guys, quick update. 

12/29/17 - EAD received

Hi clara. Congratulations. 

May i ask you a question. Does your notice for ead approval and interview notice dated the same?

10/26/2017: Priority Date - AOS

11/29/2017: Biometrics Appointment

12/21/2017: EAD/AP Approval in 56 Days

12/18/2018: Interview Day | Approved on the Spot

12/22/2018: Received Green Card (10 Years)

N-400 Application (Orlando)

09/20/2021 - Early Filing Online (3 year -married to US Citizen)

09/20/2021 - Received NOA & status changed to "Case being actively reviewed" & Biometric Reuse

03/31/2022 - Interview in West Palm Beach Fl

- Recommended for Approval & Oath Ceremony will be scheduled notice (My application includes request for name change)

06/16/2022 - Judicial Naturalization Ceremony 

15 minutes ago, shakeyy said:

Hi clara. Congratulations. 

May i ask you a question. Does your notice for ead approval and interview notice dated the same?

No, the interview notice was dated from 12/14 and EAD was 12/22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.