Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, javadown2 said:

Great news, we have our interview date set, it's on December 5th! It has been a blessing because my wife is scheduled for the birth of our baby on December 6th via C-section, we can't believe the timing of her AOS, less then 90 days from mailing packet to interview! Hope everyone else is getting interview appointments or seeing progress. I think it really depends on where you live and how busy your local USCIS office is, we are in a smaller city in Washington State. Looks as though we won't even need the AP we filed  and haven't even heard anything from it. My guess is that it isn't even necesssary at this point since interview date is so soon, my wife doesn't plan on going anywhere soon anyways, haha.

First: congratulations on the BABY!!!!

Second: that was pretty fast and it give us all hope! It must have been such a relief for you guys!! I'm trilled for you!

PS. Before seeing this update I was just checking that the MSC cases from late September are already being sent to the field offices. We are next. So exciting 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, FindHerKeepHer said:

Trust me I’m very relaxed lol, not in a hurry. Was just curious, keep seeing ppl saying the got ride etc. I have a lot of thing occupying my time lol hope all is well with everyone. Gracias y Besos

Hopefully you hear something this week! 

1 hour ago, javadown2 said:

Great news, we have our interview date set, it's on December 5th! It has been a blessing because my wife is scheduled for the birth of our baby on December 6th via C-section, we can't believe the timing of her AOS, less then 90 days from mailing packet to interview! Hope everyone else is getting interview appointments or seeing progress. I think it really depends on where you live and how busy your local USCIS office is, we are in a smaller city in Washington State. Looks as though we won't even need the AP we filed  and haven't even heard anything from it. My guess is that it isn't even necessary at this point since interview date is so soon, my wife doesn't plan on going anywhere soon anyways, haha.

Thats amazing!!! Congratulations!! Let us know how the intervgoes!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Clara Monteiro said:

First: congratulations on the BABY!!!!

Second: that was pretty fast and it give us all hope! It must have been such a relief for you guys!! I'm trilled for you!

PS. Before seeing this update I was just checking that the MSC cases from late September are already being sent to the field offices. We are next. So exciting 

Thank you :) We are very excited and blessed! 

It was fast! We were really scared to get a late December interview and having to request a later date, but it worked out. We will have a busy month of December.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Darren.Juliana said:

Thats amazing!!! Congratulations!! Let us know how the intervgoes!! 

I will post that day, hopefully we get the letter soon (was mailed today from USCIS) so we can gather the evidence. But honestly it won't be hard because we have lots of evidence to prove a bonafide marriage. 

Edited by javadown2

2 hours ago, javadown2 said:

Great news, we have our interview date set, it's on December 5th! It has been a blessing because my wife is scheduled for the birth of our baby on December 6th via C-section, we can't believe the timing of her AOS, less then 90 days from mailing packet to interview! Hope everyone else is getting interview appointments or seeing progress. I think it really depends on where you live and how busy your local USCIS office is, we are in a smaller city in Washington State. Looks as though we won't even need the AP we filed  and haven't even heard anything from it. My guess is that it isn't even necessary at this point since interview date is so soon, my wife doesn't plan on going anywhere soon anyways, haha.

Wow! Congrats!

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Received the electronic NOA1 for the AOS/EAD/AP early this morning. YAY!! :D Now the waiting starts again for the biometrics letter and NOA2s. :D

Filed I-129F: 2016-12-21

I-129F NOA1: 2017-01-03

I-129F NOA2: 2017-04-12

NVC Received: 2017-05-04

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2017-05-04

Left NVC: 2017-05-05

Consulate Received: 2017-05-08

Packet 3 Received: 2017-06-30

Packet 4 Received: 2017-07-11

Interview APPROVED: 2017-07-25

Visa in hand: 2017-07-31

US Entry: 2017-08-16

Marriage: 2017-09-08

-------------------------------

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 2017-10-27

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 2017-11-01

Biometrics: 2017-11-21

EAD/AP Electronic Approvals: 2018-02-23

EAD/AP I-797 Paper Approvals: 2018-03-01

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Queen30 said:

Hey Guys Received My Biometrics Appt Letter Today ! 

Hope All Is Well With Everyone ! 

That is awesome. Just a quick tip, there are some offices that allow walk in, in other words, you dont necessarily need to wait until the app date. Stop by with your docs and letter and they should be able to take your biometric before the date. Not 100% sure, but in most cases works just fine. 

Additionally by doing the above shouldnt speed up your process, it is just for convenience.

Hope it helps.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, bookwormbelle said:

Received the electronic NOA1 for the AOS/EAD/AP early this morning. YAY!! :D Now the waiting starts again for the biometrics letter and NOA2s. :D

When did you send your package?

5 hours ago, javadown2 said:

That's really great news! You guys have so many blessings! Congratulations :D

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

Anyone here have any experience with getting a virtual fax number? Do they really work? And any suggested website?

I will be getting my biometrics appointment letter through fax since I still don't have the actual letter in the mail yet. :mellow:

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, audacieux89 said:

Anyone here have any experience with getting a virtual fax number? Do they really work? And any suggested website?

I will be getting my biometrics appointment letter through fax since I still don't have the actual letter in the mail yet. :mellow:

Yes, they do work. Here's a link. https://www.efax.com/ I think they offer free trial as well. :)

AOS

10/10/17 – Package sent (Chicago Lockbox)

10/17/17- Package received 

10/25/17 – E-notification (Text & Email) received

10/30/17 – NOA1 Received (From MSC/NBC)

11/03/17 - Biometrics Appointment Received (Appt. 11/14/17)

11/14/15 - Biometrics for I-485 & I-765 done

01/08/2018 - Received NOA2 (Request for applicant to appear for initial interview) 

01/17/2018 - EAD/AP approved (Took 92 days)

01/18/2018 - Received Text & Email regarding EAD/AP approval

01/22/2018 - Approval Notice received in the mail

01/22/2018 - EAD/AP card processed and mailed out via USPS. (Estimated delivery date 01/24/2018) 

01/24/2017 - EAD/AP card on hand

02/06/2018 - AOS interview appointment 

02/06/2018 - Interview - Recommended for approval

02/07/2018 - GC being produced

02/15/2018 - GC on hand:dance::dancing:

hi guys, im happy to report that my local DMV accepted my NOA1. They were also ok with issuing the license in my married name and just asked to see my marriage certificate. i passed the vision and written test, now i just need to book and pass the road skills test! :D

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.