Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

bad update..  Received RFIE letter in the mail today.

K1 Process 

Spoiler

Dec/19/16....I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX.
Dec/21/16....Delivered at Dallas Lockbox - USPS.

Dec/22/16....Package Received.
Jan/5/17….NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC (15 days)
Jan/10/17….NOA1 Hard Copy Received. (20 days)

xx/xx/17....NOA2 Text and Email.  Nothing
May/11/17....NOA2 Hard Copy Received. (140 Days form Received date)
May/19/17....NVC Received I-129F.
May/19/17....Case Number Received.

May/25/17....Consulate Received.

June/11/17....Medical.
July/25/17....Interview.

Aug/10/17....Visa Issued. (231 Days from Received date )

AOS Process

Spoiler

Oct/07/17.... AOS mailed to Chicago, IL.

Oct/09/17....Delivered at Chicago Lockbox - USPS.

Oct/10/17....Package Received.

Oct/13/17....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to MSC. (3 Days)

Oct/19/17....NOA1 Hard Copy Received. (9 Days)

Oct/26/17....Biometrics Appointment Letter Received . (16 Days)

Nov/2/17....Request for Initial Evidence. (23 Days)

Nov/6/17....RFIE Letter Received. (27 Days)

Nov/20/17....RFIE Letter Respond Delivered. (41 Days)

Oct/1/18....Approved.

ROC Process

Spoiler

Jun/20/20.... Roc mailed to Texas.

July/02/20.... NOA1 received.

Aug/02/20.... Used old fingerprints.

Mar/31/21.... Approved

BTW, I remembered that when doing the finger printing, I was able to see the computer screen. Some of the figures were printed multiple times because of errors. I now remembered that for one of the finger print, it said "Error" or something with a red cross. All other figures were with "OK" and a green check. I did not say anything to the staff because I was a bit nervous, but now I am wondering if the finger printing was eventually accepted by the USCIS HQ... Anyone had similar experiences?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Guys. I received e-notification today.  PD on 22nd October and e-notice arrived on 7th November.

I have one more question if someone have knowledge: I am on F1 visa here. Should i have to maintain my F1 or  not necessary? Because i want to reduce courses or freeze one semester and this is not allowed as an F1 student. Receipt of Notice would change my F1 status or not? 

14 hours ago, Emmz said:

hey guys just want to ask if in a check i will write 1,225$ or need 2 check?

If you’re using a personal check you can do just one. You can see a sample on how to fill it here:

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/paying-uscis-fees

Hello everyone! 

We got our RFIE hardcopy letter yesterday. It seems like we made a mistake filling the form I-864 Affidavid of support.

we are looking for some advise please!!

The requests:

1. The petitioner submitted Form I-864, Affidavit of support; however, the names listed on Page 1 and Page 3 are not the same or Page 1 and/or 3 is blank (we left it blank)...after that, they requested  to send the form again with all the supporting documents.

We know how to fix it, we made a very stupid mistake, so is very simple.

Our mistake was that we didn’t add my husbands information in Page 3-Part 4; Items 1.a - 1,c (we feel so stupid lol)

2. The joint sponsor submitted Form I-864, Affidavit of support; however, the names listed on Page 1 and Page 3 are not the same or Page 1 and/or 3 is blank. Submit a completed and signed for I-864, from the joint sponsor, provide copies of joint sponsor’s most recent Federal income tax etc... For this one, we have no idea what happened, but we have NO joint sponsors. 

* How should we proceed? 

* Should we attach a letter saying that we don’t have joint sponsors? Or should we just ignore that and send the request in point 1 with the correct form? 

We believe they assumed we have a joint sponsor because of our mistake in pooint 1? 

Any advice will be highly appreciated 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

guys did u experience that ur name in green card and in marriage cert was different? coz in my marriage cert my middle name was retain wen im single and now im submitting my AOS forms i want to write in my middlename my maiden surname and then husband lastname do u think uscis will accept that ?

1 hour ago, Darren.Juliana said:

Hello everyone! 

We got our RFIE hardcopy letter yesterday. It seems like we made a mistake filling the form I-864 Affidavid of support.

The requests:

1. The petitioner submitted Form I-864, Affidavit of support; however, the names listed on Page 1 and Page 3 are not the same or Page 1 and/or 3 is blank (we left it blank)...after that, they requested  to send the form again with all the supporting documents.

Our mistake was that we didn’t add my husbands information in Page 3-Part 4; Items 1.a - 1,c (we feel so stupid lol)

2. The joint sponsor submitted Form I-864, Affidavit of support; however, the names listed on Page 1 and Page 3 are not the same or Page 1 and/or 3 is blank. Submit a completed and signed for I-864, from the joint sponsor, provide copies of joint sponsor’s most recent Federal income tax etc... For this one, we have no idea what happened, but we have NO joint sponsors. 

* How should we proceed? 

* Should we attach a letter saying that we don’t have joint sponsors? Or should we just ignore that and send the request in point 1 with the correct form? 

We believe they assumed we have a joint sponsor because of our mistake in pooint 1? 

I would add a cover letter listing everything you are sending as a response to item one and on item 2 I would explain that the petitioner income is sufficient therefore there is no co-sponsor.

1 hour ago, Darren.Juliana said:

Hello everyone! 

The requests:

* How should we proceed? 

When did you submit your package?

After you fix the error, "reattach" all documents you sent earlier (tax returns for the last 3 years, paystubs, bank account, investment accounts, employment verification letter, etc) and write a cover letter in the beginning.

This is what I had for I-864:

I-864 Affidavit of Support (signed and dated) by the Petitioner    

Copy of the Petitioners Permanent Residency Card (front and back)………..Supplement 2-1

Copy of Petitioner’s birth certificate………..Supplement 2-2

Copy of Petitioner's Passport biography Supplement ………..Supplement 2-3

Copy of the Petitioner's W-2s for years 2016, 2015, and 2014 ………..Supplement 2-4

Copies of Petitioner's federal income tax returns for years 2016, 2015, and 2014 ………..Supplement 2-5

Copies of 6 latest pay stubs. May 15 2017 – September 01 2017………..Supplement 2-6

Copy of Petitioner's Primary Investment account ………..Supplement 2-7

Letter from Petitioner’s current employer stating position, salary and start date………..Supplement 2-8

Form I-864P – Poverty Guidelines………..Supplement 2-9

7 minutes ago, SamSam85 said:

When did you submit your package?

After you fix the error, "reattach" all documents you sent earlier (tax returns for the last 3 years, paystubs, bank account, investment accounts, employment verification letter, etc) and write a cover letter in the beginning.

This is what I had for I-864:

I-864 Affidavit of Support (signed and dated) by the Petitioner    

Copy of the Petitioners Permanent Residency Card (front and back)………..Supplement 2-1

Copy of Petitioner’s birth certificate………..Supplement 2-2

Copy of Petitioner's Passport biography Supplement ………..Supplement 2-3

Copy of the Petitioner's W-2s for years 2016, 2015, and 2014 ………..Supplement 2-4

Copies of Petitioner's federal income tax returns for years 2016, 2015, and 2014 ………..Supplement 2-5

Copies of 6 latest pay stubs. May 15 2017 – September 01 2017………..Supplement 2-6

Copy of Petitioner's Primary Investment account ………..Supplement 2-7

Letter from Petitioner’s current employer stating position, salary and start date………..Supplement 2-8

Form I-864P – Poverty Guidelines………..Supplement 2-9

Date filed: 2017-10-04

NOA Date: 2017-10-12

RFE: 2017-11-01 (got the hardcopy yesterday) 

Bio. Appt: 2017-11-08

We submitted all the documents you mentioned before, so we will send them again! 
Thanks a lot guys!!
 We will also submit a cover letter explaining that we don’t have/need a joint sponsor as @Clara Monteiro suggested 😊 

1 hour ago, Emmz said:

guys did u experience that ur name in green card and in marriage cert was different? coz in my marriage cert my middle name was retain wen im single and now im submitting my AOS forms i want to write in my middlename my maiden surname and then husband lastname do u think uscis will accept that ?

yes, this is fine. i did the same thing in my AOS forms, my maiden last name is now my middle name. i live in VA and here the marriage certificate only shows the maiden name so I have just my maiden name on there.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Timeline
1 hour ago, Emmz said:

My wife's name on her passport, her visa, her I-94, her SSN, and marriage cert are all her (first name) (middle name) (maiden surname).  She is from the Philippines as well, so we wanted to follow filipino convention of naming after marriage.  We do not have any documents that reflect a new married name.  On our AOS we wrote in her married name the way we wanted it, which was (first name) (maiden surname) (married last name).  When we received our notice of receipt from USCIS, they addressed it to her in her new married name.  So just write your married name on the AOS as you want it to be even if your marriage certificate has a different name on it.

TIMELINE

03/14/2017 - I-129F package for K-1 visa sent to Lewisville, TX lockbox via Fedex Ground

03/17/2017 - Package delivery confirmed and "Received Date" per NOA1

06/21/2017 - NOA2 Approval

7/10/2017 - Embassy Received

8/10/2017 - Medical exam complete (one day)

8/24/2017 - Interview at embassy in Manila - Approved

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ben & Judy Mae said:

My wife's name on her passport, her visa, her I-94, her SSN, and marriage cert are all her (first name) (middle name) (maiden surname).  She is from the Philippines as well, so we wanted to follow filipino convention of naming after marriage.  We do not have any documents that reflect a new married name.  On our AOS we wrote in her married name the way we wanted it, which was (first name) (maiden surname) (married last name).  When we received our notice of receipt from USCIS, they addressed it to her in her new married name.  So just write your married name on the AOS as you want it to be even if your marriage certificate has a different name on it.

thanks but wat i was thinking of is that in here california their marriage cert shows new middle name and new lastname after u got married and my mistake was i retain my middle name and just thinking about to change my last name to my husband name and now i want to correct that mistake in AOS filling is that fine?

Edited by Emmz

2 minutes ago, Emmz said:

thanks but wat i was thinking of is that in here california their marriage cert shows new middle name and new lastname after u got married and my mistake was i retain my middle name and just thinking about to change my last name to my husband name and now i want to correct that mistake in AOS filling is that fine?

ohhh i see what your problem is now. i dont know if you can still change it because now your marriage certificate actually states your (new) married name. in my case my marriage cert does not state my married name anywhere so i was able to specify what married name i want on my AOS forms. hopefully somebody else with a similar experience from CA chimes in.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Timeline
14 minutes ago, iamdegie said:

ohhh i see what your problem is now. i dont know if you can still change it because now your marriage certificate actually states your (new) married name. in my case my marriage cert does not state my married name anywhere so i was able to specify what married name i want on my AOS forms. hopefully somebody else with a similar experience from CA chimes in.

i agree coz i was so excited to change my last name and didnt read it carefully so i guess i just need to follow my marriage cert name and then gonna change that during naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.