dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2017

615 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi All,

I am having a little confusion. Basically we have submitted DS 260 even had our scan date last month. Yesterday we need to confirm some information so we open the DS260 on CEAC to cross check. Now a friend of mine is telling me that this will restart everything as i haven't done anything i just open it check info and close it straight away without making any changing. its status still showing completed. Please let us know if there could be a problem??

Thanks.

• CR-1
  • Married 01/08/17
  • Priority date 02/27/17
  • NOA 2 07/25/17
  • Scan Date 09/07/2017
  • Case complete 10/31/2017
  • Interview 11th December 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
56 minutes ago, jafferi said:

Hi All,

I am having a little confusion. Basically we have submitted DS 260 even had our scan date last month. Yesterday we need to confirm some information so we open the DS260 on CEAC to cross check. Now a friend of mine is telling me that this will restart everything as i haven't done anything i just open it check info and close it straight away without making any changing. its status still showing completed. Please let us know if there could be a problem??

Thanks.

Hello Jafferi, I heard the same thing, but personally, I think this is a myth. I reopened our DS-260 throughout our NVC period and it doesn't seem to have impacted our processing time at all, and if you look at our timeline, we breezed through NVC pretty quickly. Also, by reviewing our completed DS-260, I caught a small error that I made that I'm prepared to address if it comes up in our interview. That's my view of this issue. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Aburashid said:

Hello Jafferi, I heard the same thing, but personally, I think this is a myth. I reopened our DS-260 throughout our NVC period and it doesn't seem to have impacted our processing time at all, and if you look at our timeline, we breezed through NVC pretty quickly. Also, by reviewing our completed DS-260, I caught a small error that I made that I'm prepared to address if it comes up in our interview. That's my view of this issue. 

Thanks you. *sigh*

• CR-1
  • Married 01/08/17
  • Priority date 02/27/17
  • NOA 2 07/25/17
  • Scan Date 09/07/2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, jafferi said:

Hi All,

Thanks.

It would have have been a different case if you opened your DS 261 but Ds 260 you are good to go

Timeline
5 hours ago, Aburashid said:

Hi Aburashid,  what a pretty breezed process at NVC .We both have similar process right from USCIS but i have to send out my IV and AOS package last month,

So when is your interview date?Wish you best of luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Sammy009 said:

Hi Aburashid,  what a pretty breezed process at NVC .We both have similar process right from USCIS but i have to send out my IV and AOS package last month,

So when is your interview date?Wish you best of luck.

Hey Sammy, my wife and I were fortunate from USCIS through NVC. Our case is now at the Embassy in Ghana, and we're on pins and needles waiting for an interview date, which we have not gotten yet. It is my understanding the the Embassy is tweaking a new online interview scheduling system, which has slowed things down a bit. The wait for the interview has been harder for me than USCIS and NVC...ironic.  :D. But thank you for reaching out and also for your well wishes. All the best for you and your spouse as you make your way through the process. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Aburashid said:

Hey Sammy, my wife and I were fortunate from USCIS through NVC. Our case is now at the Embassy in Ghana, and we're on pins and needles waiting for an interview date, which we have not gotten yet. It is my understanding the the Embassy is tweaking a new online interview scheduling system, which has slowed things down a bit. The wait for the interview has been harder for me than USCIS and NVC...ironic.  :D. But thank you for reaching out and also for your well wishes. All the best for you and your spouse as you make your way through the process. 

You welcome, wish you all the best as well

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/4/2017 at 1:02 AM, elfinkel said:

Why do you all need two joint sponsors? Does it not reach the income limit with just one?

Also, if you wife lives with one of them then that aunt would be considered the household member and would file an I-864A. 

So, it should look like this:
Your Wife = Sponsor, files I-864

The aunt she lives with = household member, files I-864A

The aunt she doesn't live with = joint sponsor, files I-864

NOTE: That is if the aunts and/or your wife don't fit into the I-864B or I-864C. I don't remember what the requirements for those are, but the details are all on the NVC website. You'll have to carefully read through them to double check. 

Thank you for the help. Your input helped me a lot and removed my doubts. I now have a clear understanding of it. .. I've been reading about I-864 for the past few days . .double checking stuffs...my wife has a job but the pay is not that high and the w2 she had is from last year which that time she got a job on sept 2016 . . 

Timeline

Hi just letting you guys know scan date 7 sep. we called today and the representative said it is in review. But it could take up to 11 week. they never said it is in review before all they were saying it is in line to be reviewed.

I guess its a good sign.

Do you guys know how long it usually take to get response once they start reviewing it?

Thanks

• CR-1
  • Married 01/08/17
  • Priority date 02/27/17
  • NOA 2 07/25/17
  • Scan Date 09/07/2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I just got the NVC welcome letter with the Invoice I.D Number and chose an agent. In the intructions it says that I need to allow 2-3 weeks to NVC to process my DS-261; However the fees to pay for both AOS and IV are available already. Is it okay to pay them or I need to wait to receive a continue letter from NVCPlease allow up to 3 weeks for the NVC to process your DS-261 before continuing to the next step.

Please help me. I am doing the whole process by myself and my husband doesn't speak English so as much as he wants to help, he can't do much. 

Also I am going to have a joint sponsor, does that means that I don't need to send my taxes report from the last three years? Or that I need to send mine and my joint sponsor's forms? 

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Timeline
23 minutes ago, LeslieR said:

Hello everyone!

I just got the NVC welcome letter with the Invoice I.D Number and chose an agent. In the intructions it says that I need to allow 2-3 weeks to NVC to process my DS-261; However the fees to pay for both AOS and IV are available already. Is it okay to pay them or I need to wait to receive a continue letter from NVCPlease allow up to 3 weeks for the NVC to process your DS-261 before continuing to the next step.

Please help me. I am doing the whole process by myself and my husband doesn't speak English so as much as he wants to help, he can't do much. 

Also I am going to have a joint sponsor, does that means that I don't need to send my taxes report from the last three years? Or that I need to send mine and my joint sponsor's forms? 

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

You have to send your taxes report although you have joint sponsor. yes go ahead and pay fees

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 10/5/2017 at 8:31 AM, vince_mags said:

Thank you for the help. Your input helped me a lot and removed my doubts. I now have a clear understanding of it. .. I've been reading about I-864 for the past few days . .double checking stuffs...my wife has a job but the pay is not that high and the w2 she had is from last year which that time she got a job on sept 2016 . . 

By "last year" do you mean 2015 or 2016? Has she filed for 2016? Because she will need to. 

Also, I understand needing one joint sponsor, but I was just wondering why you need the help of both aunts? I'm just thinking it would be much more simple to use only one, if possible. 

Also, make sure you make it VERY clear who your wife lives with and who she doesn't. I would maybe even suggest adding a letter that clarifies this information:

Your Wife = Sponsor, files I-864

The aunt she lives with = household member, files I-864A

The aunt she doesn't live with = joint sponsor, files I-864

Just a suggestion because my case is currently backed up because they were confused over this in my paperwork. 

Edited by elfinkel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.