dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2017

615 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, aindian310 said:

Hi, 

I did file G-325 but still haven't received any e-mail or text yet from USCIS. I called NVC today but they told me I should allow up to 6 weeks for case number to be assigned. 

Hi

I'd suggest to phone again and see if you speak to a different person - sometimes they're sticklers at helping out. My husband recorded his conversation and didn't even ask for the case numbers. They lady on the phone was nice enough to ask him if he wanted them. You can just try phone again and ask very nicely if they can check if your case number has been assigned. 

Hope you come right!

R.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 hours ago, myheart0628 said:

I just looked at my online status and the AOS line has dieppeared. I called and we have a case complete!!!! I was so excited I literally screamed cause I checked it during one of my college classes. 😊

please tell us your scna date. so we can get an idea about our cases

• CR-1
  • Married 01/08/17
  • Priority date 02/27/17
  • NOA 2 07/25/17
  • Scan Date 09/07/2017
  • Case complete 10/31/2017
  • Interview 11th December 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How do you know what status your application is in? When I check the website it continues say application received please send in documents.  I sent in the documents in August. I called and they said they received them but website will still continue to say send in documents until the documents are reviewed.  Is that correct? 

5 minutes ago, PatShawn said:

How do you know what status your application is in? When I check the website it continues say application received please send in documents.  I sent in the documents in August. I called and they said they received them but website will still continue to say send in documents until the documents are reviewed.  Is that correct? 

The ceac website will always say " required documents" till the CC. When your case will be completed, most likely website will say " At NVC". That's how you would know your case complete, but unfortunately there is no way you can find out which stage the case is in. You might call NVC and ask but they keep saying the same thing, which it will take up to 11 weeks for case complete. I hope this helps. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 12.10.2017 at 1:40 AM, myheart0628 said:

I just looked at my online status and the AOS line has dieppeared. I called and we have a case complete!!!! I was so excited I literally screamed cause I checked it during one of my college classes. 😊

Congratulations!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
3 hours ago, She0710 said:

So scan date is when they received your document? What exactly does that mean? 

It means they received your documents and « sanned » them into the system. From that date you start counting 11 weeks until they finish reviewing your documents.

Just now, T&F said:

It means they received your documents and « sanned » them into the system. From that date you start counting 11 weeks until they finish reviewing your documents.

okay great thanks.

Also when sending all your documents to the NVC does the petitioner need to send passport pictures as well?

23 minutes ago, T&F said:

and how long would it normally take to receive a scan date after your documents have been sent?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, mahasib said:

The ceac website will always say " required documents" till the CC. When your case will be completed, most likely website will say " At NVC". That's how you would know your case complete, but unfortunately there is no way you can find out which stage the case is in. You might call NVC and ask but they keep saying the same thing, which it will take up to 11 weeks for case complete. I hope this helps. 

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Finally Case Complete!!! Just have to bring some documents to the interview!! :jest:

Scan Date: Aug 10

Checklist: Sept 27
New docs scanned in: Oct 3
In Supervisor Review: Oct 5
Case Complete: Oct 13

Good luck and blessings everyone!!

Edited by elfinkel

20 minutes ago, elfinkel said:

Finally Case Complete!!! Just have to bring some documents to the interview!! :jest:

Scan Date: Aug 10

Checklist: Sept 27
New docs scanned in: Oct 3
In Supervisor Review: Oct 5
Case Complete: Oct 13

Good luck and blessings everyone!!

OMG CONGRATS TO YOU :jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.