dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2017

615 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, elfinkel said:

Finally Case Complete!!! Just have to bring some documents to the interview!! :jest:

Scan Date: Aug 10

Checklist: Sept 27
New docs scanned in: Oct 3
In Supervisor Review: Oct 5
Case Complete: Oct 13

Good luck and blessings everyone!!

That was a quick case complete after 2nd scan date! Even after the 1st scan date lol. Congratsss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
1 minute ago, Leah09 said:

That was a quick case complete after 2nd scan date! Even after the 1st scan date lol. Congratsss

Yes, I feel very lucky that the checklist arrived so quickly!

I believed that the checklist was received in error/was a misunderstanding from the NVC's point of view, so I called like every day and asked to talk to multiple supervisors. 

They still want me to bring in new paperwork, but they are at least going to let me bring it straight to the interview since I'm not in the U.S, but here in Peru with my husband. Which is a HUGE blessing. 

I get to have my baby in the USA! yaaaaaaay!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Got everything in. Scan date is 10/11.

Now some people in the press are saying they are going to interviews for Cubans in Colombia, which means getting a tourist visa for my husband. So I'm kind of freaking out about that part :(

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Cuba  Colombia. Thanks, Trump!

Marriage: 12/31/2016

I-130 Sent: 3/2/2017

I-130 NOA1: 3/8/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/29/17

NOA2 hardcopy received: 9/5/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/26/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/11/2017

NVC Received: 9/21/2017

Case Number and Invoice Number Available: 9/22/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/27/17

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

DS-260 Unlocked: 9/29/2017

DS-260 Submitted: 10/5/17

IV & AOS Packages Mailed: 10/5/17

Packages Physically Arrived at NVC10/10/17

Scan Date: 10/11/17

Case Complete: 11/20/17

Case Complete Email: 11/28/17

Interview Date Received: 1/31/18

Interview: 3/27/18- Approved!

POE: 4/5/18, LAX

SSN Card Received: 4/16/18

2-Year Green Card Received: 4/21/18

ROC

Package Sent: 1/13/20

NOA1 (MSC): 1/16/20

Biometrics Notice: 1/31/20

Biometrics Appt: 2/12/20 (walked in early 2/6)

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled: 10/21/20

Interview Scheduled: 5/12/21

Interview Date: 6/17/21 - Approved!

New Card is Being Produced: 6/17/21

Card Was Mailed to You: 6/21/21

Case Was Approved: 6/22/21

Card Was Picked Up by USPS: 6/23/21

Card in Hand: 6/24/21

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
5 hours ago, She0710 said:

okay great thanks.

Also when sending all your documents to the NVC does the petitioner need to send passport pictures as well?

I don't believe so. You should carefully follow the checklist they will send to make sure you submit all the items they ask. when in doubt please call NVC to make sure.

4 hours ago, She0710 said:

and how long would it normally take to receive a scan date after your documents have been sent?

Few days. it varies a little bit, but I would say not more than 10 days. 

Timeline

I believed that the checklist was received in error/was a misunderstanding from the NVC's point of view, so I called like every day and asked to talk to multiple supervisors. 

They still want me to bring in new paperwork, but they are at least going to let me bring it straight to the interview since I'm not in the U.S, but here in Peru with my husband. Which is a HUGE blessing. 

Yeah you should really feel lucky. cc within 10days of checklist? I guess the baby is bringing some real luck into your life. Congratulations on both the CC and the Baby!!! Wish you the best :jest: :jest:

Edited by T&F

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Wow congratulation 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 hours ago, mahasib said:

The ceac website will always say " required documents" till the CC. When your case will be completed, most likely website will say " At NVC". That's how you would know your case complete, but unfortunately there is no way you can find out which stage the case is in. You might call NVC and ask but they keep saying the same thing, which it will take up to 11 weeks for case complete. I hope this helps. 

I think I have the status you mentioned.It changed today.   Does this mean complete? Please Lord let it mean complete. 

20171013_142219.png

Timeline
7 minutes ago, PatShawn said:

I think I have the status you mentioned.It changed today.   Does this mean complete? Please Lord let it mean complete. 

20171013_142219.png

Yaayyyyyy you have a CC. You can call the NVC to confirm. Congratssssssss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, PatShawn said:

20171013_142219.png

yup it means case complete. wish u very best of luck : )

28 minutes ago, PatShawn said:

20171013_142219.png

Congrats !!  It's a CC. Call NVC and make sure  !! :jest:

Timeline
3 hours ago, DiamondEyes490 said:

Got everything in. Scan date is 10/11.

Now some people in the press are saying they are going to interviews for Cubans in Colombia, which means getting a tourist visa for my husband. So I'm kind of freaking out about that part :(

I don't understand your post. Can you please clarify what's going on?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline
56 minutes ago, T&F said:

I don't understand your post. Can you please clarify what's going on?

We cut 60% of our staff in the embassy in Havana because diplomats were allegedly attacked with "sonic devices" that made them deaf and stopped processing visas there. It hasn't been officially announced yet, but someone leaked to the media yesterday that they are going to process all immigrant visas for Cubans in Colombia. Cubans need a visa to get into Colombia, so if this all turns out to be true, we'll have to apply for a tourist visa for my husband to go for our interview. And pretty much every country I know of gives Cubans a hard time when it comes to giving out visas (since they tend not to leave...), so I'm very nervous :(

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Cuba  Colombia. Thanks, Trump!

Marriage: 12/31/2016

I-130 Sent: 3/2/2017

I-130 NOA1: 3/8/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/29/17

NOA2 hardcopy received: 9/5/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/26/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/11/2017

NVC Received: 9/21/2017

Case Number and Invoice Number Available: 9/22/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/27/17

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

DS-260 Unlocked: 9/29/2017

DS-260 Submitted: 10/5/17

IV & AOS Packages Mailed: 10/5/17

Packages Physically Arrived at NVC10/10/17

Scan Date: 10/11/17

Case Complete: 11/20/17

Case Complete Email: 11/28/17

Interview Date Received: 1/31/18

Interview: 3/27/18- Approved!

POE: 4/5/18, LAX

SSN Card Received: 4/16/18

2-Year Green Card Received: 4/21/18

ROC

Package Sent: 1/13/20

NOA1 (MSC): 1/16/20

Biometrics Notice: 1/31/20

Biometrics Appt: 2/12/20 (walked in early 2/6)

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled: 10/21/20

Interview Scheduled: 5/12/21

Interview Date: 6/17/21 - Approved!

New Card is Being Produced: 6/17/21

Card Was Mailed to You: 6/21/21

Case Was Approved: 6/22/21

Card Was Picked Up by USPS: 6/23/21

Card in Hand: 6/24/21

Timeline
1 hour ago, DiamondEyes490 said:

We cut 60% of our staff in the embassy in Havana because diplomats were allegedly attacked with "sonic devices" that made them deaf and stopped processing visas there. It hasn't been officially announced yet, but someone leaked to the media yesterday that they are going to process all immigrant visas for Cubans in Colombia. Cubans need a visa to get into Colombia, so if this all turns out to be true, we'll have to apply for a tourist visa for my husband to go for our interview. And pretty much every country I know of gives Cubans a hard time when it comes to giving out visas (since they tend not to leave...), so I'm very nervous :(

Oh I see. That’s a real situation. Let’s pray they don’t close before your interview date. However, to be safe maybe he should look into the requirements for a tourist visa to Columbia. I understand why you’re nervous, but It’s going to be ok. There is always a way. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.