Abdullah T

Serious situation and need every advice possible please

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Abdullah T said:

no i did not mention about this divorce because my lawyer said the US law doesn't recognize second marriages in the first place 

You mean you are divorced from the first wife, but not divorced from the 2nd?  And now married to the third as well?

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Country:
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Going through said:

You mean you are divorced from the first wife, but not divorced from the 2nd?  And now married to the third as well?

oh fun getting married without divorcing and then not mentioning children. uscis will start to wonder what else you have lied about. it may be time to have your spouse think of living in your country I stead of you moving to the us.

6 hours ago, Abdullah T said:

thank you for your reply and help, no i did not mention about this divorce because my lawyer said the US law doesn't recognize second marriages in the first place 

What???? And you believed the lawyer with this nonsense? The president himself is on wife number 3. This country recognizes all legal marriages and there is no limit to the number of marriages you may be in during your lifetime but you may be in only one marriage at a time. Are you saying you were married to both women at the same time?

What mistake did he make with your nationality?

I can't believe you signed papers that contained these lies and thought it would be OK. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

You sign tons of paperwork saying that you are telling the truth, yet you just ignored it. You need to get a different lawyer for sure, but you may have permanently messed up your chances of coming to the United States. USCIS doesn't like people who are untruthful and you can blame the lawyer, but the blame is still on you. 

Filed: Other Timeline

a lot of countries where the majority of the citizens/residents are Muslims/follower of Islam, recognize polygamous marriage, up to 4 wives at the same time. 

And the marriages are considered legal and binding (with inheritance). I believe the late King Abdullah of Saudi were married to 4 wives at the time of his departure. So i wonder how USA deals with that...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
15 minutes ago, abumiqdad said:

And the marriages are considered legal and binding (with inheritance). I believe the late King Abdullah of Saudi were married to 4 wives at the time of his departure. So i wonder how USA deals with that...

Bigamy is not legal in any US State, whatever may be legal elsewhere is irrelevant and of no concern other than US immigration where a beneficiary cannot have multiple spouses in order to obtain a spousal visa.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Abdullah T said:

Dears,

I have a serious situation and need every advice possible please

My wife petitioned for me IR1 visa and the case was approved by both USCIS and NVC this process was done through a law office in the states. My interview is after one week from now

I have a daughter from a second marriage that was terminated a year and a half ago that I didn’t list on any of my paperwork based on the advice of my lawyer he told I can petition for her after I finish my case

All along the process, I was not feeling comfortable at all about not listing my daughter on my paperwork, I decided to contact another lawyer who’s a relative of my good friend and he told me I was misled by the first layer and I should have listed her from the very beginning in all my paperwork.

He told me that since I am at the interview stage the only way to correct this mistake is to bring it up to the counselor during my interview which I decided to do so

My questions are:

1.       What do you think will happen? Would they understand my situation and allow me to do the corrections on my DS-260? Can they actually unlock it?

2.       If they do so, what’s the process? and how long does it take?

3.       Would they withdraw my application so I can apply again from the beginning with the corrections?

God is my witness this was a honest mistake and I was totally mislead by my first lawyer, he also did other mistakes during the process including my name and my nationality

Looking forward for your kind advice

Thank you

Abdullah:

Not listing current marriages and children are omission of material fact.  Said facts directly affect your eligibility for immigration benefits.  Your lawyer can be disbarred for advising you to do so.  At any point in your immigration process, including after citizenship, this omission can retroactively affect every step and phase of the process.  Your best bet is to immediately withdraw this case.

Edited by Nitas_man

Timeline
1 hour ago, abumiqdad said:

a lot of countries where the majority of the citizens/residents are Muslims/follower of Islam, recognize polygamous marriage, up to 4 wives at the same time. 

The US deals with that as follows:  They recognize one marriage. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, f f said:

oh fun getting married without divorcing and then not mentioning children. uscis will start to wonder what else you have lied about. it may be time to have your spouse think of living in your country I stead of you moving to the us.

Yes.  KSA is a paradise LOL

Timeline
10 hours ago, Abdullah T said:

Dears,

I have a serious situation and need every advice possible please

My wife petitioned for me IR1 visa and the case was approved by both USCIS and NVC this process was done through a law office in the states. My interview is after one week from now

I have a daughter from a second marriage that was terminated a year and a half ago that I didn’t list on any of my paperwork based on the advice of my lawyer he told I can petition for her after I finish my case

All along the process, I was not feeling comfortable at all about not listing my daughter on my paperwork, I decided to contact another lawyer who’s a relative of my good friend and he told me I was misled by the first layer and I should have listed her from the very beginning in all my paperwork.

He told me that since I am at the interview stage the only way to correct this mistake is to bring it up to the counselor during my interview which I decided to do so

My questions are:

1.       What do you think will happen? Would they understand my situation and allow me to do the corrections on my DS-260? Can they actually unlock it?

2.       If they do so, what’s the process? and how long does it take?

3.       Would they withdraw my application so I can apply again from the beginning with the corrections?

God is my witness this was a honest mistake and I was totally mislead by my first lawyer, he also did other mistakes during the process including my name and my nationality

Looking forward for your kind advice

Thank you

They probably already know.  They ran us through MOI to verify that my wife and children listed as living in KSA do in fact live in KSA for the period of time that I told them that they do.  

They appear have the same access to MOI records about you, your family, and your wives/dependents as you do and MOI has very good nice online records not only about you and your family but about every time you and they have entered and exited KSA.  Please prepare your story that makes your filed case match MOI records.

In your case they are likely going to be waiting for you to show up at this interview like a pack of wolves gathering around an elk carcass.  It's their primary job to find and catch this very thing and they're pretty sharp.  Riyadh is not one of the places where the dim bulbs get assigned to by the state department.  At least not in my experience.  There is not a lot of tolerance for fraud when it comes to immigration and leaving out marriages and children are viewed as deliberate fraud.

Your wife, as she appears to has left out these critical details on the I-130 that she filled out and signed, is likely going to be in as much trouble as you are.  WOW dude.  The schict is going to hit the fan blades as soon as the case review gets completed and the package with the verified details gets sent back to the US.  My bet is that this application is an investigation and your interview is the breathlessly awaited confession that seals the case.

Lawyer?  You might as well empty your bank account, pile the money up, and set it afire. 

Filed: Country:
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

Lawyer?  You might as well empty your bank account, pile the money up, and set it afire. 

I completely agree with this statement.

for us immigration purposes you can only be married to one person at a time and the second uscis got your application stating you were married to your usc wife your fate was sealed. she is your second wife and she can get an annulment based on that alone and uscis has proof of you trying to hide your other marriage. if in some crazy way you were able to get a visa every immigration benfit you got could be taken away if they find out, and everyone including your daughter could be stripped of thier benfits also. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

holy ####### dude.. this is a Mt ###### Everest of problems and you signed everything.. Gosh you guys are in load of trouble up... Lawyer Up properly to save ur butt and please ask your wife to lawyer up (good lawyer) as well as she too may get in trouble when this whole thing is sent back to USCIS. 

also, let us know how your interview went and what happened? 

Edited by Gorkhali

4 minutes ago, Abdullah T said:

my daughter is from a previous marriage, there was no marriages at the same time  

Can you write a timeline of your married life?  For example:

January 2001 - Marriage to wife #1

February 2002 - Birth of daughter (wife #1 is the mother)

April 2002 - Divorce from wife #1

December 2003 - Marriage to wife #2

.... Divorce wife #2

... Marriage wife #3

I think some of us are confused about how may wives there has been in total.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Abdullah T said:

my daughter is from a previous marriage, there was no marriages at the same time  

That helps as it removes the ommission from the "material" category.  

Now you will have to overcome what it will look like to the CO to be a false statement.  

As the ommission was made at the I-130 stage it is going to be difficult to overcome.  Your interview instructions are very clear:. You have to bring an original document and a copy showing previous marriages and termination of previous marriages and your child's name, whether or not that child immigrates with you, belongs on the I-130 and on the visa application.  

I would not show up at the interview without those documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.