Dinosaur2013

N-400 Filers @ New York City, Queens and Long Island Field Offices

2,615 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Waiting_4Ever said:

One of my friends got a notification that the interview is scheduled.

Friend applied on Sept 26, 2019.

Queens filer, New York City. Interview date: TBD

Last week we saw someone who applied on Sept 17, 2019 from Queens, NY, got their interview scheduled also. This shows things are finally moving forward.

Thanks! And @MOKAHN 10/8/19 Queens filer got it yesterday as well. You should get your soon!

So based on what I've been told by the agents on the phone, it looks like they are now processing or will begin to process Biometrics 90 days after your local ACS opened, but at this point is more wait and see. I also notices that by taking a look at processing times of your local office, you can determine how close your case is from being truly processed based on the time it was filed, example my case was filed April 15th 2020, as of now the processing time on the Long Island NY Field Office says that they are currently working on October 05 2018, I have been looking and paying close attention to the dates and I can say that it is moving because on Friday they were working on September 28th 2018 today they're working October 2018, so I suggest pay attention to your office processing times as it will give you an idea of how far along or how close they are from sending you the next steps notice.

On 9/19/2020 at 10:08 PM, vic2016 said:

Cool! thank you!!! yes, I Just saw that article. I'll keep my finger crossed, and hopefully i'll get to be in the last batch of naturalized people that will be able to register to vote in NYC! 

@vic2016 Any updates on your ceremony scheduling?

Edited by MrT

41 minutes ago, Sherja said:

Do you guys think the people that have interview on October 22nd will get same day ceremony so they will be able to register to vote ?

I haven't heard of same day ceremonies in NYC but you could ask the officer who interviews you if he could do it so you can vote. Below is the link to the registration site in NYC. I think you can register in person by October 24th. I read somewhere that you would need to also tell the social security service that you are a citizen before you can vote but worth investigating more on that. 

https://www.elections.ny.gov/votingdeadlines.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, lesly87 said:

I haven't heard of same day ceremonies in NYC but you could ask the officer who interviews you if he could do it so you can vote. Below is the link to the registration site in NYC. I think you can register in person by October 24th. I read somewhere that you would need to also tell the social security service that you are a citizen before you can vote but worth investigating more on that. 

https://www.elections.ny.gov/votingdeadlines.html

Thank you 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Any interviews for long island field office. I was scheduled for an N-400 Interview on April 29th but  was De- Scheduled.

till date no call or any notification. 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : National Benefits Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2012-12-15

USCIS

I-130 Sent : 2013-04-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-04-17

I-130 Transferred to CSC: 2013-11-26

I-130 Approved (NOA-2): 2014-02-19

NVC

NVC Received: 2014-02-28

NVC Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-04-01

Paid AOS & IV Bill : April 9th 2014

AOS Received by NVC: May 9th 2014

IV Bill:

IV Bill Shows PAID: April 9 2014

IV Package Sent to NVC :

IV Package Received by NVC: May 9th 2014

DS-260 Available/Completed/Submitted: April 23, 2014

AOS & Poilce Certificate Checklist: June 9th 2014

Checklist documents sent & Received by NVC : July 01, 2014

Docs Scanned: July 9th 2014

60 days Email Notice Received: August 02, 2014

Case Completed at NVC: August 21, 2014

Email Rcvd from NVC for CC: August 28, 2014

Interview scheduled: 2014-10-08

US Montreal Consulate
Medical: 2014-09-17
Interview: 2014-10-08

Result : Placed on ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING (AP) (OCTOBER 8th 2014)

AUGUST 31 2015: Waiting :(((((((((((

OCTOBER 02 2015 - VISA ISSUED

OCTOBER 14 2015 - POE ( TORONTO PEARSON)

Filed: IR-2 Timeline
3 hours ago, lesly87 said:

@MOKAHN Did you get your interview date yet?  😊😇

I did, it's on October 29th 😥 more than a month away. What about you, are you scheduled too?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Alla2020 said:

Any Brooklyn filers get interviews yet?? September 2019 filer but haven't heard anything! Any info would help!

Yes I filed September 30 th I live in Brooklyn. My interview was canceled due to COVID an I been rescheduled for October .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.