Dinosaur2013

N-400 Filers @ New York City, Queens and Long Island Field Offices

2,615 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Anyone applied to Manhattan office in September 2019 still waiting for the interview? I saw people start getting it in other boroughs/offices. 

On 10/7/2020 at 12:06 PM, vic2016 said:

pfff... there's no logic then... I thought they had it automatically more or less after the officer officially approves it... 

we need more patience I guess... :(

I just got approved and my status changed to "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled"! It took 10 (looong :)days between the interview and the status update. I suppose I'm looking at mid December for the ceremony given other data points.

On 10/9/2020 at 12:46 PM, 2020Goldenage said:

Anyone applied to Manhattan office in September 2019 still waiting for the interview? I saw people start getting it in other boroughs/offices. 

I applied on Sep 30, 2019. Still waiting.

Sounds like my interview will be early december and my oath ceremony late december/ early january. [just a guess]

I'm hoping to travel outside of the country in between my interview and my oath ceremony. I may wait to get my oath letter and request a new date... sigh. i don't want to be stuck inside usa for the holidays. 

Edited by sender99

3 hours ago, sender99 said:

Sounds like my interview will be early december and my oath ceremony late december/ early january. [just a guess]

I'm hoping to travel outside of the country in between my interview and my oath ceremony. I may wait to get my oath letter and request a new date... sigh. i don't want to be stuck inside usa for the holidays. 

Great News, but why wait? its worst staying outside of the US as a greencard holder rather than as a US citizen, just saying. Sounds like you care about a vacation than getting your citizenship especially during these times where youll never know when you will get the next letter. I would not play with that if I were you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My interview is next week but 1 question Do I need to bring joint bank statement? I’m applying on 3 yr rule because I have been here 4 yrs and about 6 months 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Amazinggrace123 said:

Suggest print out the statement and with it, just in case.

56 minutes ago, Amazinggrace123 said:

Suggest print out the statement and with it, just in case.

Gm , I don’t have one . We been married 9 yrs and 10 months with a 6yr old  son and we been doing joint taxes since I moved here bills /car insurance are in both our names . But he has bad credit history  and don’t want to bother with bank account . You think that would be an issue?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.