Dinosaur2013

N-400 Filers @ New York City, Queens and Long Island Field Offices

2,615 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
9 minutes ago, immi2021 said:

It's "will be scheduled". How long usually it takes for the local office to set the date after this?

I was lucky. I received notification of oath schedule that same day for a ceremony 3 weeks later. Others are still waiting (at the same office as myself). Sorry, I can’t answer that. 

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
31 minutes ago, immi2021 said:

It's "will be scheduled". How long usually it takes for the local office to set the date after this?

anytime between a couple of hours and a couple of weeks

Spoiler

K1 Timeline:

7/18/2016 --> I-129F application sent

1/26/2017 --> K1 visa received

Adjustment of Status Timeline:

2/7/17 --> I-485, I-131, I-765 (AOS+AP+EAD) application sent

8/18/2017--> green card received in mail

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

5/14/2019 --> I-751 application sent

10/2/2020 --> 10-year green card received in mail

Naturalization Timeline:

7/28/2020--> Submitted N-400 application online

2/12/2021--> Biometrics re-use letter received

4/30/2021--> Interview scheduled for 6/8/2021

6/8/2021-->  Approved during interview

6/21/2021-->  oath ceremony - officially US citizen

K1: 7/18/2016 --> 1/26/2017

AOS: 2/7/17 --> 8/18/2017

ROC:  5/14/2019 --> 10/2/2020

Naturalization: 7/28/2020--> 6/21/2021

7 hours ago, immi2021 said:

Ours arrived about 4 hours or so later. 

10 hours ago, El Escocés said:

I was lucky. I received notification of oath schedule that same day for a ceremony 3 weeks later. Others are still waiting (at the same office as myself). Sorry, I can’t answer that. 

How long others have been waiting so far? You mean they are waiting for a long time after being approved and receiving the notification "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled"?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all!

Has anyone had an Oath ceremony at Federal Plaza lately? I was told it would take like 4 hours by a friend, is that true? My husband wasn't smart enough to ask. I think I'll have to wait outside like I did for the interview, 4 hours is a whole lot of time to spend outside...

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

19 hours ago, jfgk1987 said:

Hey all!

Has anyone had an Oath ceremony at Federal Plaza lately? I was told it would take like 4 hours by a friend, is that true? My husband wasn't smart enough to ask. I think I'll have to wait outside like I did for the interview, 4 hours is a whole lot of time to spend outside...

LOL - I thought my wife's oath was yesterday.  It's today at 1, we are leaving in a bit.  Taking my headphones and Nintendo Switch to sit in the park for a bit.  She is going to ask if I can enter, but I don't think so.  Doesn't hurt to try.  If it's that long, I'd rather take the train back home and get the car to pick her up after I drop her off.

Edited by feeling_hopeful

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, feeling_hopeful said:

LOL - I thought my wife's oath was yesterday.  It's today at 1, we are leaving in a bit.  Taking my headphones and Nintendo Switch to sit in the park for a bit.  She is going to ask if I can enter, but I don't think so.  Doesn't hurt to try.  If it's that long, I'd rather take the train back home and get the car to pick her up after I drop her off.

That sounds like a good plan 😎 can you let me know how it goes?

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

57 minutes ago, jfgk1987 said:

That sounds like a good plan 😎 can you let me know how it goes?

I am here now sitting in the park.  First security guard at the entrance said I couldn't enter, but my wife texted me and said she the lady upstairs said I can come in if I show my ID and wife's appointment letter.  They have a waiting room, but I can't enter the office when she is called.

Decided to stay outside since it's nice out and it doesn't make a difference either way.  Don't want to cause any more stress than I have to.

Here's my view at the moment. Too excited to play anything with my Nintendo Switch.  😂

3C977E3A-54FC-42F2-AE55-2C8F604545EC.jpeg

Spelling

And we are done.  I waited less than 25 minutes and spent some time taking photos outside.  

Glad it's done!  This forum is the f-cking best.  I couldn't have done it without you guys.  ❤️

I've received an interview date today! The interview is scheduled for September 7, 2021. USCIS center is New York (26 Federal Plaza Manhattan). - I filed N400 online 12/1 2020.

As for the Civic test, just to make sure before I start learning the questions, I can take the 2008 civic test right? Or If I want I can choose the 2020 one! 

6 hours ago, DoraS said:

I've received an interview date today! The interview is scheduled for September 7, 2021. USCIS center is New York (26 Federal Plaza Manhattan). - I filed N400 online 12/1 2020.

As for the Civic test, just to make sure before I start learning the questions, I can take the 2008 civic test right? Or If I want I can choose the 2020 one! 

Yes - you get to choose.  The 2008 version is much easier.

Information can be found here:  https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-reverts-to-the-2008-version-of-the-naturalization-civics-test

5 hours ago, feeling_hopeful said:

Yes - you get to choose.  The 2008 version is much easier.

Information can be found here:  https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-reverts-to-the-2008-version-of-the-naturalization-civics-test

Thank you. I definitely go for the 2008 version!

Hey all! October 2020 applicant here. My interview has been scheduled for September 7 at Federal Plaza. I am getting my documents together (did not expect it to be scheduled this quickly since I only did my biometrics last Monday!). I am applying based on the 5 year rule and was wondering if they are going to check my tax transcripts/returns? Does anyone have any recent interview experiences? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.