AbenaKofi

I129f September 2017 filers

2,863 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/10/2018 at 9:02 AM, legatoblue18 said:

the case right after mine got approved yesterday but the one before me is still waiting.. 185 days now.. Going to visit my fiancee on monday, we haven't seen each other since October.

Hi! Did you try signing up for an account in the USCIS website? That's where I got an email notification that they took an action on our case and approved it. But when I did the case status inquiry in the website, it still said Case was Received... Quite odd. I guess those functions are not really aligned. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, LoveTakesOver said:

Hello @JxJ Nice to meet you here. What part of Brazil you guys from? I'm very thankful that we have some members here from Brazil supporting each other. We hope to retire in Brazil someday when that time comes but I would need to learn Portuguese lol 😂 and there are future things ahead of us. I love it's culture and the people ...very similar to the Philippine culture. I have to say I also appreciate my Fiancé's family because they are very warm and welcoming. I can't wait to be with my Fiancé again. He came here to visit for 4 months since our Journey started. He returned to Brazil in January  thinking that we would have the NOA2 by then. I guess not...no choice but we have to be apart. So now both of us are having an anxiety breakdown but I'm worse that he is...😂. He tells me to stay away from this forum. I think it's good for him that he's not following the forum or otherwise he's going to have emotional breakdown. So instead, he tried to run 🏃 outside, go biking, Netflix, visit his friend. I feel bad that he gave up his job, his car, his other stuff before he came here to visit and now he is stuck with nothing but wait for me to FaceTime with him while it's 1 am or 2 am his time... I know that he loves me so much because he has to sacrifice in this long distance relationship while I keep myself busy with my day job and Uber so that I don't think about the time we have to wait. I know it seems unfair but he totally understands why.... his patience will be paid off someday once this Journey has come to the point for us to be together... get married in Hawaii and we'll definitely treat ourselves to exploring California and Disneyland 😊 to celebrate this Journey...  I hope we all get our N02 soon and best wishes !!!🙏

Oi @LoveTakesOver! Yes, great to meet you as well. My fiancé is from the Recife area, northeast coast of Brazil. Where is your fiancé from? It is nice to see some other Brazil members on here with very similar timelines also. Who knows, our fiancés may find themselves in Rio for the interview at the same time (hopefully soon!!). I understand completely on dealing with the long wait. It can be difficult. We are on Facetime all the time also, as is everyone here, I'm sure. We have it a little easier because I am on eastern standard time and he is on the northeast coast of Brazil, so our time difference is only 1 or 2 hours (1 hour now with the time change last night...Yay!). 

Hang in there and we'll be rooting for you guys for NOA2 also. Hopefully we'll both receive word soon!!  I'll share any updates with you as we go along, especially anything specific to the Brazil portion, in case it can offer help.

Best wishes! 

Timeline
9 hours ago, LoveTakesOver said:

LOL... that's funny 😂. I tried to explain to my fiancé that being in this forum gives me support and comfort and the encouragement to remain positive. I feel hopeful when I see someone getting approved and my adrenaline starting to rush hoping we'll be the next one.  I'm always on the casetrack checking to the point that we got locked out due to high rate of usage lol 😂 Ugh life is kinda unfair sometimes but oh well... time will come. Hopefully we all going to be with our fiancé soon... 😊

Ya, it's comforting to see a lot of other people going through the same process, even if the cases are different the feeling of the waiting is the same. We don't have the case tracker, he said was too much, sooo we are just waiting :whistle:

Soon we'll all be with our loved ones (L) and maybe we'll meet in the embassy 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
3 hours ago, yselliegirl said:

Hi! Did you try signing up for an account in the USCIS website? That's where I got an email notification that they took an action on our case and approved it. But when I did the case status inquiry in the website, it still said Case was Received... Quite odd. I guess those functions are not really aligned. 

Thanks for info:P

Long time lurker and fellow September filer (9/18) here! First off, I want to thank @Naes for all your work! Like most people here, your scans are what I look forward to the most =)

Anyway, a question for anyone who might know the answer...is it okay to submit a DS-160 form from the USA? My fiance and I are currently in Japan and like many of you here, was not anticipating this long wait and now I have to go back to the US at the end of March as I'm just here on a tourist visa. Although we're expecting to hear something soon, she's planning on coming back with me to the USA to visit for about a month before she has to come back for the interview. 

I'm anticipating that even if we get the approval soon, we won't get a case number until the first week of April.  I know once we have the case number, we can start to schedule various things as well as submit the DS-160 and schedule the interview, which we can all do in the USA. So she will be definitely be the one submitting the form, but would there be any issues doing it from the USA? Any advice would be much appreciated =)

Good luck to everyone!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, jammyjam said:

Long time lurker and fellow September filer (9/18) here! First off, I want to thank @Naes for all your work! Like most people here, your scans are what I look forward to the most =)

Anyway, a question for anyone who might know the answer...is it okay to submit a DS-160 form from the USA? My fiance and I are currently in Japan and like many of you here, was not anticipating this long wait and now I have to go back to the US at the end of March as I'm just here on a tourist visa. Although we're expecting to hear something soon, she's planning on coming back with me to the USA to visit for about a month before she has to come back for the interview. 

I'm anticipating that even if we get the approval soon, we won't get a case number until the first week of April.  I know once we have the case number, we can start to schedule various things as well as submit the DS-160 and schedule the interview, which we can all do in the USA. So she will be definitely be the one submitting the form, but would there be any issues doing it from the USA? Any advice would be much appreciated =)

Good luck to everyone!

I don't think it matters, is just a form online, youll 'll pay the fee and schedule your interview. But wait for more replies just to sure. 

1 minute ago, ana e jordan said:

I don't think it matters, is just a form online, youll 'll pay the fee and schedule your interview. But wait for more replies just to sure. 

That's what I'm thinking based on some answers that I read too. But you know, I'm getting paranoid with all this stuff now that it's so close =)

Edited by jammyjam

Timeline
Just now, jammyjam said:

That's what I'm thinking based on some answers that I read too! But you know, I'm getting paranoid with all this stuff now that it's so close =/

It's ok, we are all a lil bit crazy when things seems to be to easy to be true in this process :jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi, pals, i've been a long time silent reader on this forum but just now have a question. My Noa1 states  sept 13 but received date sept 11th. After creating an account with  USCIS i saw they marked my case as sept 13th but in the scanns and USCIS app my wac#********** is under sept 11th. I'm wondering why would 1 system list my case under 2 dates, sept 11 and 13 th and which is correct date to go by. Any input is appreciated, thanks. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Serge&Maria said:

Hi, pals, i've been a long time silent reader on this forum but just now have a question. My Noa1 states  sept 13 but received date sept 11th. After creating an account with  USCIS i saw they marked my case as sept 13th but in the scanns and USCIS app my wac#********** is under sept 11th. I'm wondering why would 1 system list my case under 2 dates, sept 11 and 13 th and which is correct date to go by. Any input is appreciated, thanks. 

Sept 11. 

If your wac number sayssept 11 as received it is sept 11

noa1 is the date they created and sent your notice.

received is when they give it a number as a valid form and the date they received the application on their system.

here the numbers you'll see In the scans are received dates.

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Naes said:

Sept 11. 

If your wac number sayssept 11 as received it is sept 11

noa1 is the date they created and sent your notice.

received is when they give it a number as a valid form and the date they received the application on their system.

here the numbers you'll see In the scans are received dates.

Thank you for your responce. Your daily scans are truly appreciated =))

Edited by Serge&Maria

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 3/10/2018 at 8:06 PM, baggles said:

Hello everyone, 

Another September filer here (noa1 09/18) and seriously, I feel so stupid cause I thought they were still doing August applications and so I didn't check VJ for quite some time and I finally did it now and what I found out is crazy. Omg, I can't truly believe we're so close! I wasn't expecting NOA2 for at least the end of the month, more likely mid April. But I guess we're close. 

I don't know what to say. I will update y'all as soon as I know something. 

In the meantime, it's nice to read your comments and see I'm not the only one desperate for the infinite wait. 

Ps, anyone from Italy? 

Good luck everyone! 

From Italy too here! I’m excited and desperate at the same time.!!!! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
6 hours ago, jammyjam said:

Good luck to everyone!

I don't see any problem. But don't forget the return ticket (esta rules) and some ties back home and be honest at the entry. I always entered easily, especially since our petition is filed.

ds-160 can be filed from anywhere, some people even file for the beneficiary from US in case their fiancé would have trouble with the form. So no worries there either.

Edited by Naes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.