Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, yssss said:

Congrats. Same date here, just received the notification email a few minutes ago. 7 weeks from the approval, 2.5 months after the interview…

My interview was oct 21 and approved on oct 27. 

What time is your oath? 

11 minutes ago, zaltana12345 said:

Looks like most of the people who interviewed in the middle of Oct got the Oath date. I interviewed on Oct 15, and got approved and in line for oath on Oct 19. So far, still no update yet... Just called the USCIS and was told to wait for 90 days...Frustrating...

yes, you cannot apply any logic on USCIS schedule based on dates.. also, it does appear that the oath ceremonies are not happening daily as folks with Oct 27 approval have Dec 13, and for Oct 28th approvals , it is on Dec 16.

I am Oct 28 AM approval, but nothing yet on Oath.

2 hours ago, suvusa said:

yes, you cannot apply any logic on USCIS schedule based on dates.. also, it does appear that the oath ceremonies are not happening daily as folks with Oct 27 approval have Dec 13, and for Oct 28th approvals , it is on Dec 16.

I am Oct 28 AM approval, but nothing yet on Oath.

My officer was very nice and I asked why doesn’t Chicago do same day oath like other offices,he’s answer was not satisfactory because he said we have to do further background checks after the interview.

45 minutes ago, yssss said:

Got the oath notification today. The earliest oath date from the forum is six weeks from the date of placed in line. Many waited 7 weeks including myself.

46 minutes ago, yssss said:

Got the oath notification today. The earliest oath date from the forum is six weeks from the date of placed in line. Many waited 7 weeks including myself.

Nice! You are almost there 

21 hours ago, Terry0782 said:

My officer was very nice and I asked why doesn’t Chicago do same day oath like other offices,he’s answer was not satisfactory because he said we have to do further background checks after the interview.

Do you mean even if after the approval and in line for oath, they still run further background checks?

17 minutes ago, zaltana12345 said:

Do you mean even if after the approval and in line for oath, they still run further background checks?

I don’t think so,because other offices do same day oath and why would we in Chicago be subjected to further checks when it’s not being done to others.

Hello all,

First I would like to congratulate all who passed the n400 interview and waiting for oath ceremony and all who already had oath ceremony and became US citizen!

I had my interview yesterday and everything went well. Officer was really nice and he congratulated me at the spot and said that he submitted my case for approval. On the piece of paper he handed me I also see there is a check mark in that box where it says congratulations...... So my question is, I see that most of people got case status updated in the same day or next when they approved but my case status is still showing as interview has scheduled. Should I worry about it? 

Thanks in advance.. 

9 hours ago, SeekTheRed said:

Hello all,

First I would like to congratulate all who passed the n400 interview and waiting for oath ceremony and all who already had oath ceremony and became US citizen!

I had my interview yesterday and everything went well. Officer was really nice and he congratulated me at the spot and said that he submitted my case for approval. On the piece of paper he handed me I also see there is a check mark in that box where it says congratulations...... So my question is, I see that most of people got case status updated in the same day or next when they approved but my case status is still showing as interview has scheduled. Should I worry about it? 

Thanks in advance.. 

I wouldn’t worry but just need to wait. This may vary from one day to a few weeks/months — even if they told you they just need a supervisor to sign off or a day or two. After the recommendation for approval, we now see people receiving oath letter four to five weeks after the update and another 2 weeks for the actual ceremony.

Benefitted from all the recent discussions here, I’m very convinced that Chicago office is fairly consistent in terms of the timing once the status updated to “placed in line for oath.” But there is a lot of variation between the interview and approval recommendation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.