647 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Flavia83 said:

Receipt date : 11/07/2016

Notice date:  11/15/2018

Notice Type : Approval Notice

Finally after 2 years waiting for a response. Don't lose the hope and use all  available resources ( Congress people, senators, Ombudsman , etc.) I'm just waiting on Consulate appointment.

2 years??? OMG??? 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Flavia83 said:

Finally after 2 years waiting for a response. Don't lose the hope and use all  available resources ( Congress people, senators, Ombudsman , etc.) I'm just waiting on Consulate appointment.

Congratulations dear... I thought of you today.. happy for you finally

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, Flavia83 said:

congats!why so slow

Filed: Timeline
10 hours ago, kwadwo said:

@Json have you gone for your passport at the dhl please kindly update me thanks 

He received a call saying they needed a copy of his birth certificate to complete the packet to send to dhl.  They must have lost it.  Anyway I imagine that’s delayed things, plus Thursday was a US holiday. he was suppose to receive the passport by today. hopefully early next week he will get the call to pick up the passport.

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 11/23/2018 at 8:58 PM, Json said:

He received a call saying they needed a copy of his birth certificate to complete the packet to send to dhl.  They must have lost it.  Anyway I imagine that’s delayed things, plus Thursday was a US holiday. he was suppose to receive the passport by today. hopefully early next week he will get the call to pick up the passport.

Ok thank you for the update but has he checked the visa status if it has changed to issued on their page 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On Thu Nov 22 2018 at 3:56 AM, Flavia83 said:

do you mind i ask what.s the reason for your waivier?

9 hours ago, Flavia83 said:

Not having a valid visa at the time of entry. I-20 wasn't active .  

Congratulations! Your wait is finally coming to to an end! Me and husband in the same scenario...did you file your 212 after your interview? Keep us posted on your interview! 

On 5/24/2018 at 10:02 AM, Oluchukwu said:

Thank you but I thought i601 is for unlawful presence, I didn’t over stay my visa 

From what I’ve learned so far in all this, you need the 212 waiver. The 601 is only if you were found inadmissibile for something else i.e., overstay, misrepresentation, etc. And asking a lawyer will not get you the correct answers sometimes. I’ve seeb quite a few people here that were told to file a 601 by their lawyer when they didn’t need it in the first place. To some lawyers, it’s just a matter of more money. 

hope this helps and good luck! 

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everyone,  my husband finally got his visa approved 11/29/2018 at the Cd. Juarez US consulate.  There is no need to hire an attorney we did everything ourselves, with the help of God everything is possible. ♥

Receipt date:  04/03/2017

I212/1601 approval:  09/17/2018

Don't lose faith and keep praying 🙏 God is great! 

Edited by Krizti

Filed: Timeline
On 11/25/2018 at 8:46 AM, kwadwo said:

Ok thank you for the update but has he checked the visa status if it has changed to issued on their page 

@kwadwo, he is home 😊.   Wishing everyone to be reunited with their loved ones.  Don't give up, this wasn't an easy experience by any means, but seeing my family together again made it all worth it. 

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 minute ago, Json said:

@kwadwo, he is home 😊.   Wishing everyone to be reunited with their loved ones.  Don't give up, this wasn't an easy experience by any means, but seeing my family together again made it all worth it. 

Yes thus good i also have my visa but am working on a house my wife n i we building here a lil bit then i join her am happy for you guys i will also see my family soon take care 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.