647 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Yes I already received the letter of instructions to schedule the appointments but,  I called the consulate earlier and told me there's no available dates yet and to check back tomorrow.  See how it goes tomorrow I'm hoping there's available dates for late November. 

4 minutes ago, Krizti said:

Yes I already received the letter of instructions to schedule the appointments but,  I called the consulate earlier and told me there's no available dates yet and to check back tomorrow.  See how it goes tomorrow I'm hoping there's available dates for late November. 

Oh okay interesting .... I wish I knew the consulate number to call back then.. I never called ... I just logged in and chose a date ... I chose September 4th ... when I logged in at the time there were a lot of dates ... I am finally crossing on the 2nd of October... I had to close things up here and sell my car.....

Sorry to hear that.  But it's all worth it at the end you were approved.  My husband and I have been married for 10 years already and we've been through so much.  I living in the US and Him being in Mexico all these years has been tough. I'm really looking forward to a better future for us and our daughters.  God bless you

Edited by Krizti

On 9/23/2018 at 11:54 AM, Krizti said:

Hi guys my husbands waivers were approved September 17 but just received the letter of instructions from the embassy from the date September 07...before the waivers were approved.  Does anyone know if the ds260 renewal has to be under the name of the same person that signed it for the first interview... I'm talking about more than 6 years ago? 

That's good, my father still waiting on packet for instructions been a month now since he was approved.

2 hours ago, monique_2018 said:

That's good, my father still waiting on packet for instructions been a month now since he was approved.

Maybe you should give them a call... I have been calling them to this number in Ciudad Juarez consulate (656) 344-3003 whenever I have a question about my case. 

I wanted to see if anyone can share their experience. 

My husband is in Mexico. We’re waiting for the I-601.

On 8/23 we submitted an expedite request. (High risk pregnancy and loss of all income)

8/24 submitted evidence. 

8/27 received a letter stating expedite was received. 

9/13 letter stating request transferred to appropriate dept for review.

9/18 another letter stating expedite received.

9/24 letter #3 stating expedite received. 

Why fo they keep sending us the same letter?

we assumed it was denied when we didn’t hear back within 15 business days. 

No online updates and no emailed whatsoever. 

34 minutes ago, vikaare said:

I wanted to see if anyone can share their experience. 

My husband is in Mexico. We’re waiting for the I-601.

On 8/23 we submitted an expedite request. (High risk pregnancy and loss of all income)

8/24 submitted evidence. 

8/27 received a letter stating expedite was received. 

9/13 letter stating request transferred to appropriate dept for review.

9/18 another letter stating expedite received.

9/24 letter #3 stating expedite received. 

Why fo they keep sending us the same letter?

we assumed it was denied when we didn’t hear back within 15 business days. 

No online updates and no emailed whatsoever. 

My husband is also in Mexico and his case was approved already Sept 17. Have you checked the processing dates online?  My husbands I601 was received Apr 3, 2017 and approved Sept 17 of this year.  Almost 1 year 1/2.

Timeline
On 9/19/2018 at 11:27 AM, Flavia83 said:

Be patient guys, mine is been in Dallas since May 2018 and I'm still waiting. Receipt date Nov 7 2016. 

was your case transferred to the local office in Dallas? or did you submit to the Dallas office? I was told by my lawyer if i submit to my Local office it was much quicker? 

9 hours ago, Krizti said:

My husband is also in Mexico and his case was approved already Sept 17. Have you checked the processing dates online?  My husbands I601 was received Apr 3, 2017 and approved Sept 17 of this year.  Almost 1 year 1/2.

Congrats!! We submitted our waiver on May 4, 2018. So we’re only 4 months in. 

I was just curious if anyone has ever received so many receipts letters for an expedite. 

Our lawyer has no idea why we’re getting the same letter, but thinks it’s probably still in review. 

38 minutes ago, lonestar2018 said:

was your case transferred to the local office in Dallas? or did you submit to the Dallas office? I was told by my lawyer if i submit to my Local office it was much quicker? 

@lonestar2018 Mine is in  Dallas too since May 2018, receipt date Nov 2016 as well. We've involved  a Congresswoman and they gave us a 60 day timeframe , but 60 days passed and we still not hearing back from USCIS. I guess not much to do at this point , other than keep waiting. Please let me know if you receive anything

Timeline
23 hours ago, Flavia83 said:

@lonestar2018 Mine is in  Dallas too since May 2018, receipt date Nov 2016 as well. We've involved  a Congresswoman and they gave us a 60 day timeframe , but 60 days passed and we still not hearing back from USCIS. I guess not much to do at this point , other than keep waiting. Please let me know if you receive anything

Will do 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline
On 9/26/2018 at 11:10 AM, Flavia83 said:

@lonestar2018Me too, our 60 day time frame passed already and Congress could do nothing because an officer at USCIS has been assigned to our case and it is in process already, sometimes I feel like sending another inquiry request but then I think It may cause more  delays...so we just continue waiting.

2 minutes ago, Lucy Marrero said:

@lonestar2018Me too, our 60 day time frame passed already and Congress could do nothing because an officer at USCIS has been assigned to our case and it is in process already, sometimes I feel like sending another inquiry request but then I think It may cause more  delays...so we just continue waiting.

Seems like the same officer has our cases LOL. I called my Congresswoman since she asked me to let her know if I didn't heard back from them after the 60 days they gave to her when she contacted them.  Waiting on their response again and see with what  excuse they  reply  back to us.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Flavia83 said:

Seems like the same officer has our cases LOL. I called my Congresswoman since she asked me to let her know if I didn't heard back from them after the 60 days they gave to her when she contacted them.  Waiting on their response again and see with what  excuse they  reply  back to us.

@Flavia83I know, LOL...I think I will do the same

On 9/25/2018 at 3:01 PM, Krizti said:

Does anyone know if for the i864 you can just submit the transcript for most recent year income tax refund or do you have to add previous 3 years,  check stubs w2s etc? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.