927 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Sal11 said:

I’m wondering when my pd is expected to be current. My pd is June’2017. And I put my date in some estimator online which is telling my case is expected to be complete in sept’19. And this is what making me super anxious! What do you guys think? When june’17 is going to be current, any estimates? 

I don't expect my date to be current until April 2019. My PD April 2017.

I can't tell you about "Case Complete" as I am doing AOS.

1 hour ago, thepanda said:

Yes that is very normal. You are in for a looooong wait. They are still approving December 2016 cases and have not reached 2017 yet. My PD is April 6th, 2017. My case was accepted (received) 428 days ago and I have no approval yet.

Thanks for the reply. That's very helpful for me! 

Hopefully our cases can be approved soon.

One more question, hypothetically, if my PD is current according to Table B and I haven't received the approval notice, can I submit the I-485 for my husband? or I have to wait till I receive the approval?

Thanks!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, Gloriamazing said:

Thanks for the reply. That's very helpful for me! 

Hopefully our cases can be approved soon.

One more question, hypothetically, if my PD is current according to Table B and I haven't received the approval notice, can I submit the I-485 for my husband? or I have to wait till I receive the approval?

Thanks!!!

If your husband is in the US at this moment and is in status, he is able to file AOS even with i-130 pending. If he is outside of the US he is not able to do so.

I filed AOS last month while my i-130 is still pending and my application has been accepted. I compeleted my biometrics last week. You can see my timeline in my signature.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys. This thread is really helpful knowing that we are in the same boat.

PD is June 19 2017

Anybody here go got thier NOA2 yet?

Edited by xtine0322

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 7/8/2017 at 7:50 AM, saad said:

hello, we applied for i130 , our priority date is 27 feb 2017.. our centre is california.. its taking such a long time to move and we dont know what is the problem exactly... anyone else in california?

My case is in California  center too and my priority date is 27 feb 2017 also nothing yet 😣

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Greetings all,

This is quoted from USCIS website regarding their updates:

"The estimated time range displayed is based on data captured approximately two months prior to updating the page."

So hang in there everyone. One day at a time. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone.

i filed for my wife on july 12th 2016 and got an interview on august 2nd.

Its a long process but its really Easy just give them time.

Edited by kevaLbhuva

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 7/8/2018 at 11:19 PM, Rupesh M said:

When they will start approving 2017 i-130

They dont have dates for approving the case...once you send all documents within 3 months they will let you know.

I apologise if this is not the correct forum but if anyone was in this situation please help me.
My visa recently got approved as an unmarried adult child of a US citizen. I want to petition for my fiance. Can I marry her now in my country, after I enter the US or do I have to wait for a period of time as a green card holder before I marry and apply for the I130? 
As proof of permanent residency do I have to wait for the physical green card or a copy of the immigrant visa is sufficient?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.