PedroDaGr8

July 2017 AOS Fillers

2,071 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Had my interview today at Chicago office. Went well we believe. Nothing out of the ordinary and we were prepared for all questions with documents. We were called within 15 mins of our scheduled time. The lady IO was really polite and seemed nice and put us at ease. 

She asked usual questions about DoBs, place of birth, How I met my husband, where and how, travels abroad etc. 

I had all originals and copies neatly stacked, and this helped I guess. then she proceeded to ask the Yes/No questions and took some additional evidence we wanted entered into out file. We were also carrying our wedding reception photo album and am so glad she took few moments out to flip through it by the time I was taking some documents out of my file. 

Overall good experience. In and Out in 30 mins. Nothing concrete told as of now, but hoping to get something in emails or a mail soon :) 

All the best guys! Its not as nerve wrecking as we believe. Just try to catch enough sleep the night before :) 

09 Dec 2016 - i-129F Package Sent
12 Dec 2016 - Case Received
17 Dec 2016 - NOA - 1

20 Mar 2017 - NOA - 2 Approved! 

06 Apr 2017 - NVC Receive and Case Number # 

11 Apr 2017 - Case In Transit

13 Apr 2017 - Case 'Ready'

20 Apr 2017 - Medical Checkup Done

03 May 2017 - Visa Interview - Approved

17 May 2017 - Visa Ready for Pickup! 

12 June 2017 - Port of Entry

*************** AOS **************

02 Aug 2017 -  Case Received for I-485, AP and EAD

08 Aug 2017 - NOA-1

28 Aug 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

01 Nov 2017 - EAD 'New card is being produced'

03 Nov 2017 - Card is mailed

08 Nov 2017 - Combo Card received

16 July 2018 - Filed for EAD/AP Renewal

26 Feb 2019 - Interview 

7 Dec 2020 - i-751 Filed

Hi July 2017 friends!

I just got the notification that my new card is being produced! I sent in my medical last Monday and they received it Tuesday. My officer did say he doesn't like to have files sitting around on his desk and he wasn't kidding! About a week from it arriving at USCIS Phoenix to getting the 'New Card Being Produced' USCIS text update!

Holy c-r-a-p! What a run. Can't wait to do this again in two years...lol.

Anyone else getting any good news out there?

Edited by wildling99

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I think I am the only one in July 2017 filers have not gotten my GC yet? Lol, it is coming to 2 years of  wedding anniversary by June 17. July 18 would be 2 years from AOS case received date. It is so much harder to inquire anything now that they don't update the case status properly, in addition to that they have recently started to take away all the InfoPass Appointment so that Petitioner / Applicants cannot make the appointment to go into local USCIS office to check what is stalling the case.
image.png.920512be28f93d0fe1589dd6ba45d420.png

Phone calls to USCIS Tier 1 pretty much won't do anything other than telling you your (last case status update and tell you to just wait). (Tried calling 3-5 times already, every time gets the same answer).
- Our last case status update on i-485 was (Your interview date has been scheduled in Oct 04, 2018, which USCIS has made a mistake by schedule it in former address despite 4 months have passed since we properly filed Change of Address Online AR-11 in June 2018).
- We had to write a formal letter to the local office that they scheduled interview to request of rescheduling/cancel that interview and route our entire case folder to Philly, which happens between Nov - Dec.

- Dec 2018 to March 2019, we have visited total of 4 times at USCIS office @ Philly to check if our case folder has arrived because they never update the case status so we wouldn't know. 2nd visit confirms our case has arrived. 3rd and 4th visit between Jan and Mar was to check how long will it take to reschedule interview since our case has arrived in Dec. In Jan, one officer said it'll delay up to 5-8 months (projected date of interview date = May - August). In March, our recent and last visit, the officer mention that our case is sitting in the queue awaiting for available date and scheduling of interview, probably take 30-45 days (expect to receive a letter between Mar - April). Now that it is already in the middle of May, and as of end of March, Philly Office has started the new process of not accepting walk-in appointments and InfoPass appointments. We're stranded as of now just waiting until who knows when.
- In order to get to Tier 2 on the phone, the case processing time has to be "beyond normal processing time", Tier 1 always ask "if the AOS is employment-based or family-based", then look at the same site where we can see "USCIS processing time, filter by State and City". Philly's processing time has been increased from 9.5 months - 18++ to 12 - 23.5 months within 2 months. Every time it gets closer to the date of our filing date for case inquiry, then the time increased which causes the date to backdate to May/June 2017 for case inquiry.
- Renewal of EAD is also taking longer than expected, my auto-extension of expired EAD is expiring in September, I've filed my EAD-renewal since Oct 08, called Tier 1 to assist in expediting the case recently in March under financial hardship and possibly of losing my job as I was converted from contract position to permanent (was gonna use the offer letter to fax to them if they request for evidence as the offer letter has the highlighted line of "offer of this employment is contingency upon candidate's availability to maintain and obtain work permit"). They chose to close the expedited case ticket and denies the request despite 6 months have passed (suspect this is due to them looking at our AOS case status thinking that our GC interview date is scheduled back in Oct 04 and probably just wait for GC to be approved so they don't have to process the EAD at all).
- What is worst is that I see candidates who keep filing after us, Aug 2017 - Dec 2018 to keep getting interview dates / approval of GC. Filtering by visajourney as well as reading diff thread on this forum (Month-Aos-Filers).

On the bright side, since it is approaching 2 years anniversary, should we receive the interview scheduled letter real soon (keeping fingers-crossed), it'll worth the 2 years (feels like forever) wait to acquire the 10 yrs GC.

Anyone else from July 2017 filers have not received their GC yet? Just curious...

Spoiler

K1

Oct 07, 2016 - I-129F Sent | Oct 14, 2016 - NOA1
Nov 08, 2016 - NOA2 | Dec 02, 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned
Dec 09, 2016 - Case left NVC to US Embassy in KL, Malaysia | Dec 16, 2016 - Consulate in KL confirm case has been received
Dec 30, 2016 - Packet 3 Received | Jan 31, 2017 - Medical Exam & Vaccination
Mar 02, 2017 - Interview at US Embassy in KL (Interview Schedule was flexible as instructed on the Packet 3) | Mar 06, 2017 - Collect Passport at selected destination (Visa was approved on the interview day)
June 09, 2017 - Arrival in U.S. POE | June 17, 2017 - Marriage in Santa Rosa, CA - Honeymoon in SF ~ | June 28, 2017 - Officially relocated to Yuma, Arizona

Spoiler

AOS - Days including RFE pausing period |  Timeline resets to Day 1 after response of RFE | Days from filing date but exclude RFE pausing period
July 14, 2017 - Mailed AOS packet to Chicago (i-485, i-765, i-131) | July 18, 2017 - Packet Received (Day 1)  | July 24, 2017 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP  (Day 6)
July 28, 2017 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy (AoS,EAD,AP) and Biometric Appointment Letter (Day 10) | Aug 17, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment Completed (Day 30)
Oct 27, 2017 - Request for Initial Evidence Letter Issued by USCIS (i-864) - RFE  (Day 101) (All cases are paused on this day, shall be resumed as soon as USCIS received response of RFIE)
Oct 30, 2017 - RFE Post-stamp date (Day 104) | Nov 2, 2017 - Received RFE Hardcopy (87 days were given to respond) (Day 107)
Nov 6, 2017 - Consultation with an Immigration Attorney (Decided to hire the Attorney to represent us to prepare the RFE(Day 111)
Jan 20, 2018 - According to our Attorney, the package is mailed out via USPS Priority Express (Day 186)
Jan 23, 2018 - Received Proof of Delivery from USPS that the package has arrived at 10:05am and signed by "M Sievers" (Day 189) (Responded by Day 86 since the Post-Stamp is dated on Oct 30)
Jan 26, 2018 - USCIS changed the  Case Status for i-485 to Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received (Day 192) (Assuming USCIS count this as official received date and reset my case - Day 1)

Mar 19, 2018 - Called the USCIS Hotline, spoke to a tier-1 USCIS Officer, explained about SRs raised not being responded despite 30 days have passed for at least 2 SRs, 3rd SR is still pending for response. Tier-1 Officer intended to forward my call to Tier-2 Officer, but due to high vol of calls, I was recommended to call back the same day 6pm or following day 8am.  (Day 244) (Day 52)

Mar 20, 2018 -  Intended to call USCIS by 8am,  but noticed I got notification about case update : EAD"We are producing your card and will mail it to you... it may take up to 120 days".  AP: "We've approved your case "Read the notice we mailed you for more information". (Day 245) (Day 53) (Day 154)
Mar 22, 2018 - Called to USCIS request for speaking to Tier-2 Officer just to check on the progress of my EAD, was told my Combo Card has been produced effectively today.Case status for EAD updated in the evening: "We mailed your card to you, The U.S. Postal Service will deliver it." Day 247) (Day 55) (Day 156) | Mar 23, 2018 - Received hardcopy NOA2 for EAD and AP. (Day 248) (Day 56) (Day 157)
Mar 24, 2018 - Surprised to find my EAD AP Combo Card arrived at the mailbox, Yay! (Day 249) (Day 57) (Day 158) | June 11, 2018 - Filed AR-11 Change Of Address via online system (along with case receipt number) due to relocation (Day 328) (Day 136) (Day 237)
June 12, 2018 - Called USCIS to verify address, 15-30 days for the new address to be reflected into their system and I should expect an email/mail update. (Day 329) (Day 137) (Day 238)
June 13, 2018 - Sponsor has to file Form i-866 Change Of Address due to the i-865 form was filed with the old address, mail it to the address indicated on the website. (Day 330) (Day 138) (Day 239)
Sep 25, 2018 - Mailed EAD/AP Renewal Package via USPS to Chicago. (Day 434) (Day 242) (Day 343)
Oct 4, 2018 - AOS status change to - Interview was being scheduled on Oct 4, 2018. I truly believe this is due to the EAD/AP Renewal triggered them to look into when was my AOS filing date. (Day 443) (Day 251) (Day 352)
Oct 19, 2018 - Scheduled InfoPass Appointment in local field office (Philadelphia), check with Officer why is our interview scheduled at former address, was told we did our part, filed change of address on time, everything in system shows up correct, he has no idea why but told us to go ahead and mail a letter to the interview location field office (Imperial County, CA - closer to Yuma,AZ our former address). (Day 458) (Day 266) (Day 367)
Oct 22, 2018 - Mailed off the letter to the field office which have our initial green card interview appointment, to request for transfer of case. (Day 461) (Day 269) (Day 370). Field Office Imperial County received our letter on Oct 25. (Day 464) (Day 272) (Day 373).
Oct 30, 2018 - Call USCIS hotline number spoke to Tier 1 CSRep, request to file a Service Request for transfer of our case due to wrong state of residency and jurisdiction. SR filed via phone. (Day 469) (Day 277) (Day 378).
Nov 8,  2018 - Infopass appt with FieldOffice(Philly), verify case transfer. Was told our file has left Arizona since Nov 5, 2018, en-route to Philly. Was told Interview scheduling = first come first serve basis. May delay up to 6-8months. (Day 478) (Day 286) (Day 387).
Jun 14, 2019 - No news on AOS despite being told in Mar19 that we should expect interview scheduled letter, however, after filing 2 SRs of beyond normal processing time for EAD-Renewal - on this date, case status updated to New Card is being produced. (Day 696) (Day 504) (Day 605).

Jul 12, 2019 - Noticed of Interview Prepared and Mailed Out (We did not get any Case Stats Update). (Day 724) (Day 532) (Day 633). Jul 22, 2019 - Interview Letter appeared in our Mailbox suddenly, after I filed for beyond normal processing time a week ago.(Day 734) (Day 542) (Day 643).
Aug 12, 2019 - Interview Date - within 5 minutes of entering the Room, nicely greeted by a very friendly officer, she told us she already liked us by reading our case, she mention it is an easy approve for us (Brought new i-693MedExam as mine is expired). (Day 755) (Day 563) (Day 664).
Aug 21, 2019 - AOS Case Status updated to Approved + Ordered New Card Production. (Day 764) (Day 572) (Day 673). Aug 24, 2019 - Received Hardcopy of NOA 2 Approval Notice for AOS(Day 767) (Day 575) (Day 676).
Aug 27, 2019 - GC shows up at USPS Informed Delivery shows Expected Delivery Date on Aug 29. (Day 773) (Day 581) (Day 682). 
Aug 28, 2019 - GC arrived a day early than the expected delivery date. (Issued date is 8/21 - best birthday gift ever!!) (Day 774) (Day 582) (Day 683)

That is appalling, sorry it has been so traumatic. My wife and I will be filing our ROC next month and we are on the same timeline. I would be spitting nails in similar circumstances. 

Good luck to you, I hope you get the 10 year card after this!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Kirk&Kean said:

I think I am the only one in July 2017 filers have not gotten my GC yet? Lol, it is coming to 2 years of  wedding anniversary by June 17. July 18 would be 2 years from AOS case received date. It is so much harder to inquire anything now that they don't update the case status properly, in addition to that they have recently started to take away all the InfoPass Appointment so that Petitioner / Applicants cannot make the appointment to go into local USCIS office to check what is stalling the case.
image.png.920512be28f93d0fe1589dd6ba45d420.png

Phone calls to USCIS Tier 1 pretty much won't do anything other than telling you your (last case status update and tell you to just wait). (Tried calling 3-5 times already, every time gets the same answer).
- Our last case status update on i-485 was (Your interview date has been scheduled in Oct 04, 2018, which USCIS has made a mistake by schedule it in former address despite 4 months have passed since we properly filed Change of Address Online AR-11 in June 2018).
- We had to write a formal letter to the local office that they scheduled interview to request of rescheduling/cancel that interview and route our entire case folder to Philly, which happens between Nov - Dec.

- Dec 2018 to March 2019, we have visited total of 4 times at USCIS office @ Philly to check if our case folder has arrived because they never update the case status so we wouldn't know. 2nd visit confirms our case has arrived. 3rd and 4th visit between Jan and Mar was to check how long will it take to reschedule interview since our case has arrived in Dec. In Jan, one officer said it'll delay up to 5-8 months (projected date of interview date = May - August). In March, our recent and last visit, the officer mention that our case is sitting in the queue awaiting for available date and scheduling of interview, probably take 30-45 days (expect to receive a letter between Mar - April). Now that it is already in the middle of May, and as of end of March, Philly Office has started the new process of not accepting walk-in appointments and InfoPass appointments. We're stranded as of now just waiting until who knows when.
- In order to get to Tier 2 on the phone, the case processing time has to be "beyond normal processing time", Tier 1 always ask "if the AOS is employment-based or family-based", then look at the same site where we can see "USCIS processing time, filter by State and City". Philly's processing time has been increased from 9.5 months - 18++ to 12 - 23.5 months within 2 months. Every time it gets closer to the date of our filing date for case inquiry, then the time increased which causes the date to backdate to May/June 2017 for case inquiry.
- Renewal of EAD is also taking longer than expected, my auto-extension of expired EAD is expiring in September, I've filed my EAD-renewal since Oct 08, called Tier 1 to assist in expediting the case recently in March under financial hardship and possibly of losing my job as I was converted from contract position to permanent (was gonna use the offer letter to fax to them if they request for evidence as the offer letter has the highlighted line of "offer of this employment is contingency upon candidate's availability to maintain and obtain work permit"). They chose to close the expedited case ticket and denies the request despite 6 months have passed (suspect this is due to them looking at our AOS case status thinking that our GC interview date is scheduled back in Oct 04 and probably just wait for GC to be approved so they don't have to process the EAD at all).
- What is worst is that I see candidates who keep filing after us, Aug 2017 - Dec 2018 to keep getting interview dates / approval of GC. Filtering by visajourney as well as reading diff thread on this forum (Month-Aos-Filers).

On the bright side, since it is approaching 2 years anniversary, should we receive the interview scheduled letter real soon (keeping fingers-crossed), it'll worth the 2 years (feels like forever) wait to acquire the 10 yrs GC.

Anyone else from July 2017 filers have not received their GC yet? Just curious...

You should contact your representative and have them handle your case! This is not normal.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

That is appalling, sorry it has been so traumatic. My wife and I will be filing our ROC next month and we are on the same timeline. I would be spitting nails in similar circumstances. 

Good luck to you, I hope you get the 10 year card after this!

Oh wow, happy for you and your wife! I think ROC will costs bout $600++? or 800? We might end up reaching out to a Sen. about our case. It is just getting too long for being in this AOS limbo status, my DV is expired, I don't want to spend the same $$ to renew the DV for few months and wait for new EAD or GC to renew again, too much work for just extension for a few more months.

Spoiler

K1

Dec 09, 2016 - Case left NVC to US Embassy in KL, Malaysia | Dec 16, 2016 - Consulate in KL confirm case has been received
Mar 02, 2017 - Interview at US Embassy in KL (Interview Schedule was flexible as instructed on the Packet 3) | Mar 06, 2017 - Collect Passport at selected destination (Visa was approved on the interview day)
June 09, 2017 - Arrival in U.S. POE | June 17, 2017 - Marriage in Santa Rosa, CA - Honeymoon in SF ~ | June 28, 2017 - Officially relocated to Yuma, Arizona

Spoiler

AOS - Days including RFE pausing period |  Timeline resets to Day 1 after response of RFE | Days from filing date but exclude RFE pausing period
July 14, 2017 - Mailed AOS packet to Chicago (i-485, i-765, i-131) | July 18, 2017 - Packet Received (Day 1)  | July 24, 2017 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP  (Day 6)
July 28, 2017 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy (AoS,EAD,AP) and Biometric Appointment Letter (Day 10) | Aug 17, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment Completed (Day 30)
Oct 27, 2017 - Request for Initial Evidence Letter Issued by USCIS (i-864) - RFE  (Day 101) (All cases are paused on this day, shall be resumed as soon as USCIS received response of RFIE)
Oct 30, 2017 - RFE Post-stamp date (Day 104) | Nov 2, 2017 - Received RFE Hardcopy (87 days were given to respond) (Day 107)
Nov 6, 2017 - Consultation with an Immigration Attorney (Decided to hire the Attorney to represent us to prepare the RFE(Day 111)
Jan 20, 2018 - According to our Attorney, the package is mailed out via USPS Priority Express (Day 186)
Jan 23, 2018 - Received Proof of Delivery from USPS that the package has arrived at 10:05am and signed by "M Sievers" (Day 189) (Responded by Day 86 since the Post-Stamp is dated on Oct 30)
Jan 26, 2018 - USCIS changed the  Case Status for i-485 to Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received (Day 192) (Assuming USCIS count this as official received date and reset my case - Day 1)

Mar 19, 2018 - Called the USCIS Hotline, spoke to a tier-1 USCIS Officer, explained about SRs raised not being responded despite 30 days have passed for at least 2 SRs, 3rd SR is still pending for response. Tier-1 Officer intended to forward my call to Tier-2 Officer, but due to high vol of calls, I was recommended to call back the same day 6pm or following day 8am.  (Day 244) (Day 52)

Mar 20, 2018 -  Intended to call USCIS by 8am,  but noticed I got notification about case update : EAD"We are producing your card and will mail it to you... it may take up to 120 days".  AP: "We've approved your case "Read the notice we mailed you for more information". (Day 245) (Day 53) (Day 154)
Mar 22, 2018 - Called to USCIS request for speaking to Tier-2 Officer just to check on the progress of my EAD, was told my Combo Card has been produced effectively today.Case status for EAD updated in the evening: "We mailed your card to you, The U.S. Postal Service will deliver it." Day 247) (Day 55) (Day 156) | Mar 23, 2018 - Received hardcopy NOA2 for EAD and AP. (Day 248) (Day 56) (Day 157)
Mar 24, 2018 - Surprised to find my EAD AP Combo Card arrived at the mailbox, Yay! (Day 249) (Day 57) (Day 158) | June 11, 2018 - Filed AR-11 Change Of Address via online system (along with case receipt number) due to relocation (Day 328) (Day 136) (Day 237)
June 12, 2018 - Called USCIS to verify address, 15-30 days for the new address to be reflected into their system and I should expect an email/mail update. (Day 329) (Day 137) (Day 238)
June 13, 2018 - Sponsor has to file Form i-866 Change Of Address due to the i-865 form was filed with the old address, mail it to the address indicated on the website. (Day 330) (Day 138) (Day 239)
Sep 25, 2018 - Mailed EAD/AP Renewal Package via USPS to Chicago. (Day 434) (Day 242) (Day 343)
Oct 4, 2018 - AOS status change to - Interview was being scheduled on Oct 4, 2018. I truly believe this is due to the EAD/AP Renewal triggered them to look into when was my AOS filing date. (Day 443) (Day 251) (Day 352)
Oct 19, 2018 - Scheduled InfoPass Appointment in local field office (Philadelphia), check with Officer why is our interview scheduled at former address, was told we did our part, filed change of address on time, everything in system shows up correct, he has no idea why but told us to go ahead and mail a letter to the interview location field office (Imperial County, CA - closer to Yuma,AZ our former address). (Day 458) (Day 266) (Day 367)
Oct 22, 2018 - Mailed off the letter to the field office which have our initial green card interview appointment, to request for transfer of case. (Day 461) (Day 269) (Day 370). Field Office Imperial County received our letter on Oct 25. (Day 464) (Day 272) (Day 373).
Oct 30, 2018 - Call USCIS hotline number spoke to Tier 1 CSRep, request to file a Service Request for transfer of our case due to wrong state of residency and jurisdiction. SR filed via phone. (Day 469) (Day 277) (Day 378).
Nov 8,  2018 - Infopass appt with FieldOffice(Philly), verify case transfer. Was told our file has left Arizona since Nov 5, 2018, en-route to Philly. Was told Interview scheduling = first come first serve basis. May delay up to 6-8months. (Day 478) (Day 286) (Day 387).
Jun 14, 2019 - No news on AOS despite being told in Mar19 that we should expect interview scheduled letter, however, after filing 2 SRs of beyond normal processing time for EAD-Renewal - on this date, case status updated to New Card is being produced. (Day 696) (Day 504) (Day 605).

Jul 12, 2019 - Noticed of Interview Prepared and Mailed Out (We did not get any Case Stats Update). (Day 724) (Day 532) (Day 633). Jul 22, 2019 - Interview Letter appeared in our Mailbox suddenly, after I filed for beyond normal processing time a week ago.(Day 734) (Day 542) (Day 643).
Aug 12, 2019 - Interview Date - within 5 minutes of entering the Room, nicely greeted by a very friendly officer, she told us she already liked us by reading our case, she mention it is an easy approve for us (Brought new i-693MedExam as mine is expired). (Day 755) (Day 563) (Day 664).
Aug 21, 2019 - AOS Case Status updated to Approved + Ordered New Card Production. (Day 764) (Day 572) (Day 673). Aug 24, 2019 - Received Hardcopy of NOA 2 Approval Notice for AOS(Day 767) (Day 575) (Day 676).
Aug 27, 2019 - GC shows up at USPS Informed Delivery shows Expected Delivery Date on Aug 29. (Day 773) (Day 581) (Day 682). 
Aug 28, 2019 - GC arrived a day early than the expected delivery date. (Issued date is 8/21 - best birthday gift ever!!) (Day 774) (Day 582) (Day 683)

15 minutes ago, Kirk&Kean said:

Oh wow, happy for you and your wife! I think ROC will costs bout $600++? or 800? We might end up reaching out to a Sen. about our case. It is just getting too long for being in this AOS limbo status, my DV is expired, I don't want to spend the same $$ to renew the DV for few months and wait for new EAD or GC to renew again, too much work for just extension for a few more months.

it should be more consistent in application between offices, living in Ohio is very beneficial for immigration purposes.I believe it's $590 plus bio fee. Hopefully your senator can help, you have been more than patient

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

it should be more consistent in application between offices, living in Ohio is very beneficial for immigration purposes.I believe it's $590 plus bio fee. Hopefully your senator can help, you have been more than patient

I think it has to do with their system too. Their database and system seem to not update correctly. They want candidates to file change of address online, but it wont reflect the initial filing place I guess? Otherwise, I cannot for the sake of me understand how can they mess up the first interview appointment to old address. When we decided to move from AZ by end of May 2018, arriving in PA in June 2018, filing COA. I called every single month at least once to verify up-to-date address on file worrying that they don't have the right one. Every single time, they told me it is the Philly address on file. Then comes to October, suddenly I get case status update interview date scheduled, I was so happy, 1.5 weeks gone by never received the letter, received a message from sister saying that you got a letter here in Yuma, AZ. Funniest thing is that, I filed for renewal EAD late September, they ISSUED the notice of receipt (acknowledgement) the same exact date as the AOS Interview Schedule Notice, all on Oct 4. Yet, Interview scheduled letter went to Yuma,AZ, both EAD/AP Renewal NOA1 went to Philly, PA. This totally tells me that their system is so out-dated and not updating correctly.

We moved by understanding that our AOS interview will possibly be delayed, but expected between Oct - Dec 2018 we should have it. Then all this c-r-a-p happens, and I've seen people saying their reschedule of interview (if they cannot make it to first one) most of the time happens between 2-3 months at most. Ours are coming to beyond 5 months since the case arrived in Philly. I get it that Philly has a large population, and file cases have to be first come first serve for scheduling interview date. I just don't believe how I see people who filed less than a year get interview and approved too. One of my friend from UK, moved to NJ last year, married, file AOS, already got his interview, approved and gotten GC on hand (less than a year total time from filing date).

You were right that I have been more than patient, I tend to like to stay positive, because I was looking at the > 2 years anniversary and > 10 years GC thing so we don't have to go through ROC + possible of interview again.
I'll update if we find out anything just to share the process to help people in the future.

:) Do update us too if your ROC process involves another interview. I heard that the officer have the rights to call for another interview -> all of those are to verify the bonafide of the relationship.

Edited by Kirk&Kean
Spoiler

K1

Spoiler

we have a significant age gap (27 years) so we expect to be interviewed as we had an initial stokes interview for AOS with no other red flags

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

we have a significant age gap (27 years) so we expect to be interviewed as we had an initial stokes interview for AOS with no other red flags

In a state that is much more conservative, yes age gap will be red flag. When we hired an attorney to handle our RFE back in the initial application, she did mention AZ is a red state, hence, expect questions a lot more during the interview due to the age gap. She didn't see such prob in Seattle though. Oh, don't think you are alone :) - we have a bigger age gap than you both do (31). Haha!! However, we are in the city of brotherly love, so that might be in our favor, but best to never assume or set expectation, just go with the flow. Hopefully being married for (coming to 2 years) + all the pictures, joint-tax, joint-accounts be sufficient to get the Approve word. Oh well, all I need is the interview scheduled letter and the date!!

Spoiler

K1

Spoiler

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kirk&Kean said:

In a state that is much more conservative, yes age gap will be red flag. When we hired an attorney to handle our RFE back in the initial application, she did mention AZ is a red state, hence, expect questions a lot more during the interview due to the age gap. She didn't see such prob in Seattle though. Oh, don't think you are alone :) - we have a bigger age gap than you both do (31). Haha!! However, we are in the city of brotherly love, so that might be in our favor, but best to never assume or set expectation, just go with the flow. Hopefully being married for (coming to 2 years) + all the pictures, joint-tax, joint-accounts be sufficient to get the Approve word. Oh well, all I need is the interview scheduled letter and the date!!

I would run away from an attorney who gives that kind of trash as advice.  Immigration is a federal issue...and is governed by USCIS policy....and it has nothing to do with "red states" or "blue states".......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

we have a good case for our ROC, just expect the interview hurdle, if not a pleasant surprise our friends completed their ROC in 8 months, that's our best case scenario but expect our ROC/Naturalization to overlap

Timeline
51 minutes ago, missileman said:

I would run away from an attorney who gives that kind of trash as advice.  Immigration is a federal issue...and is governed by USCIS policy....and it has nothing to do with "red states" or "blue states".......

Lol, maybe she is just speaking from her experiences of dealing with so many cases, and she wasn't trying to pinpoint anything but just told us to be prepared to answer more questions. Anyway, we moved not because of the so called "red states" or "blue states". We moved mainly because there is nothing to do there in Yuma AZ, and we can't get jobs at all, even tried cashier positions at Walmart, Target, Bestbuy and etc, no replies at all. Besides, after experiencing 1 crazy hot summer there, we were pretty much done and ready to go. I've then narrowed down to few possible states school I will eventually apply to (based on programs I wanted to enroll to and look more detailed into syllabi), that is how we select where we move to. We only hired her to handle 1 time thing. If it wasn't for hubby is panic about handling RFE, we wouldn't have hired attorney. That being said, no regrets, trust the process. As an applicant, I pretty much filed and assembled the entire AOS, EAD + AP by myself, so do a lot of people on the forum. Thanks to all the nice people out there sharing great info and steps by steps of how to do it.

@Randyandyuni - Good Luck with the ROC and hopefully it will be done within a year :)

Spoiler

K1

Spoiler

58 minutes ago, Kirk&Kean said:

@Randyandyuni - Good Luck with the ROC and hopefully it will be done within a year :)

Thanks very much, hoping you get a timely response and can avoid the ROC and get your 10 year card

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.