GREEN/TRAN

what if some one fiancee was pregnant

14 posts in this topic

What section of IMBRA would prevent the American from sending in a petition?

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
what if some one had a fiancee and she got pregnant and then found out she cant be petitioned under imbra laws??? what would happen?

Your details are sketchy, at best. However, if the petition were denied by USCIS under IMBRA laws, the eptitioner could opt to move to the foreign country, or break off the relationship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
what if some one had a fiancee and she got pregnant and then found out she cant be petitioned under imbra laws??? what would happen?

Your details are sketchy, at best. However, if the petition were denied by USCIS under IMBRA laws, the eptitioner could opt to move to the foreign country, or break off the relationship.

i was just reading in this forum and thought WHAT IF coz that baby would be a us citizen born abroad and with imbra being so new it would sound like there maybe some civil right issues there to me,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i was just reading in this forum and thought WHAT IF coz that baby would be a us citizen born abroad and with imbra being so new it would sound like there maybe some civil right issues there to me,

IMBRA is about the background and intentions of the USC petitioner. If they don't qualify to file a I-129F petition for their fiance due to criminal history or other factors that make this option impossible, a pregnant fiance will not impact this or change this in any way. The remaining option would be to find a way to overcome the restrictions on IMBRA (I have no idea if that is even possible) or have the USC move to the foreign country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

IMBRA is about the background and intentions of the USC petitioner. If they don't qualify to file a I-129F petition for their fiance due to criminal history or other factors that make this option impossible, a pregnant fiance will not impact this or change this in any way. The remaining option would be to find a way to overcome the restrictions on IMBRA (I have no idea if that is even possible) or have the USC move to the foreign country.

so why is everyone worried about imbra for?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
so why is everyone worried about imbra for?

Actually a very good question.... for most filers it is a non issue, but for some filers it can cause delays as waivers will need to be requested... To my knowledge other than some possible processing delays (though I don't know if we have true statistics on this), I am not aware of anyone who was actually denied as a result of IMBRA.

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Uh, what do you mean?

What does being pregnant have to do with anything?

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

What would happen, She would have a baby, a miscarrage or an abortion. Those are the options I can think of.

I have not seen the part of the law that an American sperm guarantees citizenship. Being born in America can but not the sperm alone. Otherwise we could all get rich as sperm doners to countries with women who want to come to America. Personally I think they should change the law. I could use a little extra income.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

What would happen, She would have a baby, a miscarrage or an abortion. Those are the options I can think of.

I have not seen the part of the law that an American sperm guarantees citizenship. Being born in America can but not the sperm alone. Otherwise we could all get rich as sperm doners to countries with women who want to come to America. Personally I think they should change the law. I could use a little extra income.

laughing my ### off

Bobbie & Klaus

2/23/07 Mailed Package to TSC (G-325A & I-125)

2-25-07 Online PO shows package delivered

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

3-12-07 Touched (I think)

6-8-07 Touched appropriately!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Or marry and petition for the CR1 immigrant visa process. They aren't subject to IMBRA. Is this a hypothetical question?

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Semen, ahoy!

How do YOU spell relief?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Semen, ahoy!

How do YOU spell relief?

:lol:hellosoldier.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.