stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Right now my estimate is 2 weeks short of 5 months.  It started moving back again yesterday after moving forward last week.  I'm on day 88 and it seems to be about half way at this point.

My NOA1 is day before yours, so I'm tracking right with you. Though I consider the NOA1 as the "official" start and only date that counts, so I'm counting from that day. So 84 days in for me! Just think, a year ago, I'd be on to NVC. All I can say is that I'm REALLY glad I didn't know anything about this process before I started--I might have been too discouraged!!! :P

1 minute ago, DandY said:

My NOA1 is day before yours, so I'm tracking right with you. Though I consider the NOA1 as the "official" start and only date that counts, so I'm counting from that day. So 84 days in for me! Just think, a year ago, I'd be on to NVC. All I can say is that I'm REALLY glad I didn't know anything about this process before I started--I might have been too discouraged!!! :P

OK.  Now if I use the time from the Case Tracker app I am at 83.  The USCIS App says 88...I think I will delete the USCIS app...LOL  I'll take 83 over 88 anytime!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

6 minutes ago, DandY said:

There is someone over in April Filers who got the NOA2 in the mail even though the USCIS site, the app and the Case Tracker all still say "Case Received".  There is always that hope too!!!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

It is somewhat common to have both parties available for the interview.  Some CO's dont allow the petitioner in but I believe the CO will respect the fact that they are there.  In the Philippines it seems pretty common that they do allow the petitioner in the interview.  I can't imagine that him being there with you would ever be considered a negative to the CO.

That's good to know! It's also kind of what I was expecting; perhaps they don't necessarily allow the petitioner in, but I could at the very least be there waiting. I just didn't know if some looked at it as an attempt to "keep stories straight", if it's people lying about anything. I'm planning on going there anyway before he gets his Visa and can come back to the states, so I figured if we get the opportunity to plan it that way, that'd be even better.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

2 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

That's good to know! It's also kind of what I was expecting; perhaps they don't necessarily allow the petitioner in, but I could at the very least be there waiting. I just didn't know if some looked at it as an attempt to "keep stories straight", if it's people lying about anything. I'm planning on going there anyway before he gets his Visa and can come back to the states, so I figured if we get the opportunity to plan it that way, that'd be even better.

I'm pretty sure the CO's are well trained and they would be able to see the lies whether the petitioner is there or not.  I believe they would only see it as support considering the cost of being there.  Travel is not cheap and being there to support your loved one should always be considered a good sign of a real relationship.  Maybe I'm just a romantic at heart!!!!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
10 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I'm pretty sure the CO's are well trained and they would be able to see the lies whether the petitioner is there or not.  I believe they would only see it as support considering the cost of being there.  Travel is not cheap and being there to support your loved one should always be considered a good sign of a real relationship.  Maybe I'm just a romantic at heart!!!!

I'm gonna go with your theory because I like it best and I'm a big sap anyway!! :) 

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline
10 hours ago, DandY said:

Yeah, I don't see anyone doing under 90 days now. That was a year ago. Let's hope we are under 180 days.

And the frustration continues....

My fiance called uscis this day and he said that uscis is still processing February filers...huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh

K1 FIANCE VISA
Met Thru Christian Dating Site - January 29, 2017
Engagement Ceremony - April 12, 2017
Packet sent - May 30, 2017
NOA 1 - June 2, 2017 (Hard Copy - June 6, 2017)
NOA 2 - November 29, 2017

NVC - January 12, 2018 (received); January 19, 2018 (in transit); January 23, 2018 (ready)

MEDICAL - February 9, 2018 (conducted exam); February 12, 2018 (approved)

INTERVIEW - February 26, 2018 (approved)

VISA ON HAND - March 7, 2018

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

Packet sent - June 24, 2018

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Biometric - July 26, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Approved - October 12, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

DRIVERS LICENSE - December 28, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, John & Rose said:

There is someone over in April Filers who got the NOA2 in the mail even though the USCIS site, the app and the Case Tracker all still say "Case Received".  There is always that hope too!!!

I received my NOA2 on July 19th  (I filed on February 2nd). My case at USCIS still says "received". Do not trust the site....they only seem to update RFEs....

Timeline
39 minutes ago, janet3 said:

I received my NOA2 on July 19th  (I filed on February 2nd). My case at USCIS still says "received". Do not trust the site....they only seem to update RFEs....

So we will receive our NOA2 on November then..hahahhah...gush!

K1 FIANCE VISA

NVC - January 12, 2018 (received); January 19, 2018 (in transit); January 23, 2018 (ready)

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

Timeline
8 hours ago, Birveonrty said:

My fiance called uscis this day and he said that uscis is still processing February filers...huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh

It's my understanding that USCIS does not update in real time. Before I did enough research, all I was going by was the USCIS website, which was discouraging. Get here, ask around, talk to people, and realize it's further along than we thought. At the time, USCIS still said February and even jumped back to January at one time. After talking to people here, realized they were actually up to March and beginning April. They are now pretty much into April, I believe.

I'm not sure what the exact reasoning is. I've heard it could just be a lag in their tracking. I've heard it could go by the oldest file in their "queue" or workload. For instance; they're primarily into March, but maybe they have a file from January that's taking longer than necessary for whatever reason, so the As Of date defaults to January.

Who knows! It's the government. :) But my advise is to not hang your hat on the date given by USCIS website or over the phone, as it's likely not entirely accurate.

Håll ut, y'all.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

It's my understanding that USCIS does not update in real time. Before I did enough research, all I was going by was the USCIS website, which was discouraging. Get here, ask around, talk to people, and realize it's further along than we thought. At the time, USCIS still said February and even jumped back to January at one time. After talking to people here, realized they were actually up to March and beginning April. They are now pretty much into April, I believe.

I'm not sure what the exact reasoning is. I've heard it could just be a lag in their tracking. I've heard it could go by the oldest file in their "queue" or workload. For instance; they're primarily into March, but maybe they have a file from January that's taking longer than necessary for whatever reason, so the As Of date defaults to January.

Who knows! It's the government. :) But my advise is to not hang your hat on the date given by USCIS website or over the phone, as it's likely not entirely accurate.

I agree coz I recalled some of my co members from the other group, both January and February filers, already received their visas last July. I am really expecting that uscis is processing April now, and hopefully we could receive NOA2 late September or early October.. 😊I want to be with him this Christmas!

K1 FIANCE VISA

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

19 minutes ago, Birveonrty said:

I agree coz I recalled some of my co members from the other group, both January and February filers, already received their visas last July. I am really expecting that uscis is processing April now, and hopefully we could receive NOA2 late September or early October.. 😊I want to be with him this Christmas!

Christmas is still a dream for us too.  I don't think it is possible if the estimates stand true.  We now have an estimated date of Oct 18 for NOA2.  I dont think it is possible to get everything else in place in two months.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Birveonrty said:

We filed June 5 and our expected date for NOA 2 is mid October. When we started this whole process, we had hopes of being finished by end of the year also. I daydreamed of having him home for Christmas and getting to start the new year off together in our next chapter. Although I cannot seem to let go of that small glimmer of hope.... LOL... we did have to adapt a bit and come to terms with the reality that it may be beginning of the year before we reach the finish line. January and February filers also went through the process at a different time of year than us; a lot more vacation time, I would imagine, during the summer, for the people who work at these offices that review everything, so things may slow down. We sort of expected that, too, just as a general precaution. I'm starting to think a lot of the hold ups for people, once getting past the approval stage for the I129F, is self-inflicted. Such as not being prepared, having to redo something, having to come back with more information, or just generally not being financially capable to complete the next step right away, or for other reasons. Life does tend to get in the way sometimes. But I'm gathering - so far - that as long as you are well prepared for the next step that's ahead of you, it can move at a tolerable pace once the petition form is approved. At least that's what I'm hoping :) 

My sister is expecting a baby in December and my family keeps trying to motivate me by saying, "I still have a feeling Santa, Baby, and Paul will all arrive about the same time!" That would be phenomenal.

Håll ut, y'all.

2 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

We filed June 5 and our expected date for NOA 2 is mid October. When we started this whole process, we had hopes of being finished by end of the year also. I daydreamed of having him home for Christmas and getting to start the new year off together in our next chapter. Although I cannot seem to let go of that small glimmer of hope.... LOL... we did have to adapt a bit and come to terms with the reality that it may be beginning of the year before we reach the finish line. January and February filers also went through the process at a different time of year than us; a lot more vacation time, I would imagine, during the summer, for the people who work at these offices that review everything, so things may slow down. We sort of expected that, too, just as a general precaution. I'm starting to think a lot of the hold ups for people, once getting past the approval stage for the I129F, is self-inflicted. Such as not being prepared, having to redo something, having to come back with more information, or just generally not being financially capable to complete the next step right away, or for other reasons. Life does tend to get in the way sometimes. But I'm gathering - so far - that as long as you are well prepared for the next step that's ahead of you, it can move at a tolerable pace once the petition form is approved. At least that's what I'm hoping :) 

My sister is expecting a baby in December and my family keeps trying to motivate me by saying, "I still have a feeling Santa, Baby, and Paul will all arrive about the same time!" That would be phenomenal.

I am praying that your dream comes true.  That would be an awesome experience that would be talked about for generations.  Not quite as amazing on my side.  I just love the Christmas season and spending it with my new family would be a dream come true for me.  At this point I will need to save my vacation time so I can use it to bring my new family home.

We have gotten her police certificates and scheduled her seminar, which is required in the Philippines.  I have my tax paperwork and pay stubs ready.  I am visiting her next week and we will get the kids police clearances for the Philippines at that time.  We will be in the position where all that will be left is the kids required seminar that can't take place until after they receive their visas.  If it goes slowly after NVC clearance, it is all my fault.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I am praying that your dream comes true.  That would be an awesome experience that would be talked about for generations.  Not quite as amazing on my side.  I just love the Christmas season and spending it with my new family would be a dream come true for me.  At this point I will need to save my vacation time so I can use it to bring my new family home.

We have gotten her police certificates and scheduled her seminar, which is required in the Philippines.  I have my tax paperwork and pay stubs ready.  I am visiting her next week and we will get the kids police clearances for the Philippines at that time.  We will be in the position where all that will be left is the kids required seminar that can't take place until after they receive their visas.  If it goes slowly after NVC clearance, it is all my fault.  

I am the same way! Even before there was a new baby added to the mix, I dreamed of getting him here for good by Christmas because we have yet to spend the holidays together since we met; it's just never been able to work out with his work schedule at that time, and how expensive tickets are for me to go there during that time. Being able to celebrate this accomplishment on top of being together for the holidays was just so perfect. We try to keep ourselves realistically in check, though, so we are not so disappointed we lose ground over it. You mentioned before in a previous post - we gain a lot of control back after NOA2, so any huge slow down is on us. Right now, we're focusing on getting as prepared as possible for the next step so once we get this one out of the way, we can move forward as soon as possible. Researching the sorts of things that will be needed next, start getting him ready for his interview. I know there's a couple of things that come before the interview, but I like being prepared, haha

Hoping all goes well with your preliminary work! Police clearance - is that something required with the Philippines?

Håll ut, y'all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.