stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Hi all - haven't been able to scour around on here in a while, and have been poking around today to catch up on everyone. I've noticed a few people mentioning an expectation date, or time frame...? Anyone know where those can be found, if there's an update on the site somewhere with As Of dates, etc.?

I honestly have been trying to make myself stop looking at the USCIS site for updates because I learned very quickly that it isn't the most reliable, but haven't come across anything about updated expectations. Of course, if it's somewhere obvious and in my face, I will look right past it. :P

I hope everyone is doing well with The Great Waiting Game!

Go to the main K-1 page and the first message is about filling out your timeline.

Here is the link

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/128-k-1-fiancee-visa-case-filing-and-progress-reports/

If you click "Timeline" under the Philippine flag in my profile you will see a timeline with an estimated date of NOA2 approval.

Edited by jwlussow

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, MinalN said:

does anyone know if a police certificate is required for dubai and pakistan?

A police certificate is required for any country you have lived in for more than 6 months after the age of 16.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Same boat! My fiancé and I filed first of June and had hopes of possibly being able to get married by the end of this year, but the further along we've gotten, the more that doesn't seem likely. :( We haven't seen one another since he left from his last visit back in April, and due to finances and work, the next visit will be whenever I am able to visit him in Sweden. The waiting is THE. WORST. I'm not a totally patient person to begin with, and I also prefer resolving issues as soon as possible - this is the exact opposite of BOTH of those! So it's tough. I have to say, coming across this page and the forums helped. Seeing and talking to people who are going through the exact same thing that we are is cathartic. Neither of us know anyone in real life who has ever gone through this, and it feels so much like walking in a pitch dark room where all you can do is feel your way through it. Finding like minded (or like-situations) folks has helped.

Good luck to you and yours!! We are all in this together! XO

Hahaha......

You and I really do think quite a bit alike....

I always felt like it was being in a dark room with someone holding all of the answers hiding in a corner. 

I promise....it gets better  (not less frustrating necessarily) but it does move at a lot quicker pace once you have the NOA2.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/08/23/politics/trump-visa-sanctions-immigration/index.html

If this impacts fiancé visa i will be forced to move to Cambodia permanently. Last time it was diplomatic visa only. Please please please please 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

2 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/08/23/politics/trump-visa-sanctions-immigration/index.html

If this impacts fiancé visa i will be forced to move to Cambodia permanently. Last time it was diplomatic visa only. Please please please please 

I pray that all works out for you. This is a tough enough journey without becoming a pawn in someone else's chess match. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

7 hours ago, Anthony Elam said:

What is Hanks guidelines?  I have been searching and no luck. 

Look for any thread that Hank has responded to (their are hundreds). In his signature field he has links and information. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

9 hours ago, Anthony Elam said:

What is Hanks guidelines?  I have been searching and no luck. 

Now that I'm back on my computer, here is a link to some of Hank's info

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/index.html

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
20 hours ago, jwlussow said:

Go to the main K-1 page and the first message is about filling out your timeline.

Here is the link

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/128-k-1-fiancee-visa-case-filing-and-progress-reports/

If you click "Timeline" under the Philippine flag in my profile you will see a timeline with an estimated date of NOA2 approval.

Oh man - that helps so much!!!! Thank you :) 

And OH MY GOSH. First light at the end of this tunnel we've seen - our estimate is mid October. I know things can change by then, but that's the first bit of any expectation we've gotten. Now I feel like we have something to look forward to, for this step at least!

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
19 hours ago, janet3 said:

Hahaha......

You and I really do think quite a bit alike....

I always felt like it was being in a dark room with someone holding all of the answers hiding in a corner. 

I promise....it gets better  (not less frustrating necessarily) but it does move at a lot quicker pace once you have the NOA2.

Haha! Great minds ;)

That's what I'm thinking. We are still so early in this, there isn't much "progress" to fall back on. Like... "oh, well we've got this, or that, behind us, etc.". BUT I just updated our timeline and we have an estimated expectation of processing of mid October! Which, it may still be premature to get excited, but that's the first sliver of light we have seen at the end of this pitch dark tunnel! so it helps :) 

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

4 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Oh man - that helps so much!!!! Thank you :) 

And OH MY GOSH. First light at the end of this tunnel we've seen - our estimate is mid October. I know things can change by then, but that's the first bit of any expectation we've gotten. Now I feel like we have something to look forward to, for this step at least!

There are things you can do while you wait...police certificates and what you will need after the NOA2 should make the time go quicker.  Keep in mind that waiting on the NOA2 is out of your hands but after the NOA2, you have a lot of control on how quickly things move.

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, Konor94 said:

My dates moved up a couple days! I should really stop checking it though. 

It isn't easy not to check.  It is one of the first things I do in the morning...every moment counts.  It is scary to see people doing weeks beyond their anticipated dates!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you! This is the most complete thing I have seen! How do they process so many people without something like this? 

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/index.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.