dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2017

1,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, TeeA10 said:

The big mystery of NVC, it seems visa category matter too. For example i got CC on March 20th and someone from my embassy with CC of MARCH 21 got an April date, while i just got my July date yesterday. Beats me!

I agree with you, and i believe they are giving priority to US citizen first, as they don't have to wait, they advance to the next stage by priority. This might answer alot of questions on why certain people gets dates before the other.

" Visa Category "  and " Petitioner Citizen status i believe plays a role. Also the host embassy appointment slots is another hurdle. Depending on how busy that embassy is, appointments are rationed!

Edited by Wizzle

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

@bk123 Congratulations and good luck on your coming medical/interview.

@Ahmed&Roma God Willing you will get scheduled soon. It took us 2 months after CC to finally get scheduled. 

@Berberusa God Willing you will get scheduled so soon. Just keep checking at least twice a week. I'm sure any day now you will get scheduled. :) 

Thanks hopefully soon too it sure so frustrating to wait 😕

Just now, Wizzle said:

I agree with you, and i believe they are giving priority to US citizen first, as they don't have to wait, they advance to the next stage by priority. This might answer alot of questions on why certain people gets dates before the other.

" Visa Category "  and " Petitioner Citizen status i believe plays a role

I disagree some what. As I think it doesn't matter the type of visa nor who got CC first. I got CC March-27 and others from the same consulate as me who got CC after me, got scheduled before us by only a day and some a few days. All were family visa's , yes, but it still doesn't make sense on how they schedule. When they say they schedule based on who completes first and go based on that order. Unless NVC doesn't really have such a system and just randomly schedule.

4 minutes ago, Berberusa said:

Thanks hopefully soon too it sure so frustrating to wait 😕

I understand the frustration, but you're almost finished with this process. The light at the end of the tunnel is near :) 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

I disagree some what. As I think it doesn't matter the type of visa nor who got CC first. I got CC March-27 and others from the same consulate as me who got CC after me, got scheduled before us by only a day and some a few days. All were family visa's , yes, but it still doesn't make sense on how they schedule. When they say they schedule based on who completes first and go based on that order. Unless NVC doesn't really have such a system and just randomly schedule.

I see your point, and yet NVC is inconsistent! The truth is that NVC needs a big Overhaul and revamp. It's been a mess over a year now. Contractors protesting for pay raise and delay in petition processing when all fees have been paid.

Let's all hang in there folks. We would be done before we know it. All the best to everyone.

Happy ramadan to all my Muslim brothers and sister in the house. :D

Edited by Wizzle

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

@beppenyc wth??? that sucks i am mentally prepared for the extra wait as i already have a gut feeling its gonna be long after my cc ..... it still amazes me that k1 fiance visas are so much faster over a married couple smh who has been apart more than  a year or more they need to come up with a faster processing time sigh.......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

And, you all need to remember that there are multiple people working on files.  Some officers might work faster than others and clear a file before the person at the next cubicle.  Also - we have no idea if files are checked out one at a time, or whether an officer checks out....say...10 files per day.  So there might truly be a randomness to when each officer finishes a file and gets a slot in the interview schedule for a file!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

47 minutes ago, trininurse said:

@beppenyc wth??? that sucks i am mentally prepared for the extra wait as i already have a gut feeling its gonna be long after my cc ..... it still amazes me that k1 fiance visas are so much faster over a married couple smh who has been apart more than  a year or more they need to come up with a faster processing time sigh.......

Hello! 

I used to think the same about k-1 visas. However, they do the other half of the wait when they are already in the US, and they are pretty much "stuck" until they get EAD, so each visa has its pros and cons. 

Hang in there! :)

Scan Date: 01/26

CC: 04/06

Interview Date: Pending

1 hour ago, Wizzle said:

I see your point, and yet NVC is inconsistent! The truth is that NVC needs a big Overhaul and revamp. It's been a mess over a year now. Contractors protesting for pay raise and delay in petition processing when all fees have been paid.

Let's all hang in there folks. We would be done before we know it. All the best to everyone.

Happy ramadan to all my Muslim brothers and sister in the house. :D

@Wizzle Yes True. Thanks Happy Ramadan to you too. :) 

43 minutes ago, Sukie said:

And, you all need to remember that there are multiple people working on files.  Some officers might work faster than others and clear a file before the person at the next cubicle.  Also - we have no idea if files are checked out one at a time, or whether an officer checks out....say...10 files per day.  So there might truly be a randomness to when each officer finishes a file and gets a slot in the interview schedule for a file!

Sukie in NY

@Sukie That's true too, I agree. 

1 hour ago, Sukie said:

Sukie in NY

I agree. Different people may work at different effeciency levels which contributes to the randomness. 

Edited by VeVe

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

hi everyone I entered Portland OR at May 30th

no problem during the process, the officer was nice and patient

does anyone knows how long can I get my green card and SSN card

really need it to look for a job

thanks

Edited by parsha

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

@Adorable @aelizo38 @ajmac @ajman @Akua and Papa @alohasabaidee @amistry18 @Ana0323 @Ayo @bbansah2 

@chamma @harpmi02 @Hubzubird @interstephen @irma24 @Jannette23 @jen targ @justwaiting17 @Majid1986 @maryam78 @Mojk @pjsr @PP_2016 @rahsab @rexsinni2264 @sam @vantine2603 @vivi @Zurdo @ricvtr22

Hello!! :) Great News!! Interview dates are getting scheduled.  Congrats to those of you have had a recent CC. If you already have your interview date. Please update the spreadsheet with the day you received your notification and the day of your interview. 

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire.

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017.  

If you have lost your questionnaire, you can redo it, I'll delete the duplication.

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

Thank you, JBMG

ps.. Congrats to everyone else who has already received their interview date. Thank you so much for all of your contribution on our forums and for keeping the spreadsheet up to date. You're helping us who are still eagerly waiting to get "under review" a "cc' and an "interview date" by having shared your progress. Wish you all great interview and a move to the USA!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, parsha said:

hi everyone I entered Portland OR at May 30th

no problem during the process, the officer was nice and patient

does anyone knows how long can I get my green card and SSN card

really need it to look for a job

thanks

If you have not received your SSN by June 14th, visit your local social security office IN PERSON and apply.  Only about 50% of us actually receive the SSN even though we ticked the box in the DS-260 to say "send me one".

Your green card will probably take 2-3 months to arrive.  Ours took 8 weeks.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.