2,532 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, tdotca said:

o you, or anyone,  have any insight on my other questions? thanks Again. 

1) on the i751 form (yeah only 1 form!) , Part 5 is "your children" ..whose children? Mine or my spouse? I have no kids but he has 2. ( if his, the question about 'is child applying with you?' throws me off)

I'm on the phone so I can't coy and paste,  but go back to the form instructions.  Under Who may file it says essentially list any children for who you need to remove conditions in part 5. So,  that to me implies only  listing children adjusting with you.  

Edited by piano

ROC Timeline:

May 31: Package mailed    

June 8: NOA1 received, dated June 2

June 27: Biometrics done

Sept 25: Case Status Update Card in Production

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 minutes ago, piano said:

I'm on the phone so I can't coy and paste,  but go back to the form instructions.  Under Who may file it says essentially you and any children for who you need to remove conditions,  to be listed in part 5. So,  that to me implies only  listing children adjusting with you.  

That's what I'm reading too ... So, basically, you only have to list the legal and biological children of the person applying to remove conditions on his or her green card.

Of course, some people also list step-children, but this is really unnecessary.

P.S. Congrats on your "check cashed" !!!! One step closer!!! :)

Edited by Ksenia_O

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 6/1/2017 at 2:40 PM, Ksenia_O said:

Absolutely agree. And it really doesn't take that long to get transcripts for past 3 years. On-line they are available immediately after you signed up - you just have to provide more info to have your transcripts on-line,

And it takes about 7-10 days to get them via regular mail. Mine arrived on day 6.

I printed my transcripts from the online source....no need to wait for mail!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 6/3/2017 at 3:21 AM, First said:

Sorry but I got confused! it gave me 2 options Account transcript or Return transcript! which one USCIS prefer?

Thanks!

I ordered my transcripts online and the IRS recommended the return transcript.....printed them off immediately so no need to wait for mail

Timeline
13 minutes ago, JenDave3121 said:

I printed my transcripts from the online source....no need to wait for mail!

No need or need - It depends. As it's been mentioned before more information have to be provided if you want your transcripts online. I didn't want to do that, and I was not in rush, so mail worked well for me - took less than a week :)

On 6/4/2017 at 9:30 PM, PauPau said:

I believe what they meant by "parent's spouse" there is if only you checked "Part 3.1.b. My parent's spouse because I am unable to be included in a joint petition filed by my parent and my parent's spouse." That is how I understood that question. 

Thanks for your reply. I rang the USCIS in the end to check on this, they are never that helpful but the lady seemed to think it did mean.... do the parents of your spouse work in the US government and outside the country. Just thought I would let you know incase you were in the same situation.

Sent my package 05/30. Received 06/01 and I got my NOA1 yesterday, 06/05 and check was cashed as well. Wondering when I will get the "Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in Filing of I-751" letter for my son whom I included in my application...waiting and wondering if I need to schedule an Infopass to get his passport stamped. We are 4hrs away from St Louis.. I called them this morning and the person who took my call doesn't seem aware of this letter for dependent and insisted that we do the InfoPass route. I verified and they confirmed that my son is included in I-751 though! But still!!! I want a document handy just in case we decided to push through with our vacation plans!!!

50 minutes ago, Ksenia_O said:

I added our case to the spreadsheet

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Whitechocolove said:

Sent my package 05/30. Received 06/01 and I got my NOA1 yesterday, 06/05 and check was cashed as well. Wondering when I will get the "Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in Filing of I-751" letter for my son whom I included in my application...waiting and wondering if I need to schedule an Infopass to get his passport stamped. We are 4hrs away from St Louis.. I called them this morning and the person who took my call doesn't seem aware of this letter for dependent and insisted that we do the InfoPass route. I verified and they confirmed that my son is included in I-751 though! But still!!! I want a document handy just in case we decided to push through with our vacation plans!!!

I have a feeling it's going to be my "wonder" as well... From what I've learnt here, on VJ, not always a K2/Dependent gets an Extension letter at ROC stage... The only thing that makes me feel a little better about my son - his Driver License was issued til  2019. At least he wont have to deal with DMV, AGAIN, and hopefully, by that time, ROC will be over... But, yes, something tells me he will have to make an infopass and get his passport stamped..

I'm also in MO :) 2 hours from Saint Louis. 

2 hours ago, Ksenia_O said:

I have a feeling it's going to be my "wonder" as well... From what I've learnt here, on VJ, not always a K2/Dependent gets an Extension letter at ROC stage... The only thing that makes me feel a little better about my son - his Driver License was issued til  2019. At least he wont have to deal with DMV, AGAIN, and hopefully, by that time, ROC will be over... But, yes, something tells me he will have to make an infopass and get his passport stamped..

I'm also in MO :) 2 hours from Saint Louis. 

My son is just 12 so we're not dealing with DMV yet. I just want to have that proof just in case we need it. I am hoping we'll get what they call the "verification letter" before the biometrics appointment. 

I'm here in Springfield, I tried checking InfoPass and it shows me schedule for Kansas City and not St Louis although when we did bios for AOS, we did it at St Louis. What's frustrating is that the person who assisted seemed unaware of the Verification letter they send for dependents of I-751 filers. Oh well!!! I will just wait for the BIOS and if at that time, I have not gotten the letter yet, I will schedule an infopass so we can do it in just one sweep! Hard to travel with an 8-month old especially in the summer! 

7 hours ago, piano said:

I'm on the phone so I can't coy and paste,  but go back to the form instructions.  Under Who may file it says essentially list any children for who you need to remove conditions in part 5. So,  that to me implies only  listing children adjusting with you

Piano, thanks for your reply/ clarification. I will ignore then as I the petitioner have no kids. 

6 hours ago, sunshine11 said:

Package received 6/1 CSC received my NOA1 as of yesterday 6/5

4 hours ago, Ksenia_O said:

Sent my package 05/30. Received 06/01 and I got my NOA1 yesterday, 06/05 and check was cashed as well

6 hours ago, Hasi&Muzzy said:

ROC sent out 5/30, VSC recived 6/3....waiting for the check to cash out and NOA1. Good luck for everyone!

Congrats to you guys as well as anyone else who submitted their i751 and/or have gotten their NOA1 already. 

I-129F Sent : 2014-09-15
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-09-24
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-20
NVC Left : 2014-11-05
Packet 3 Received : 2014-11-13
Packet 4 Received : 2014-12-05
Medical : 2014-12-19
Interview Date : 2015-01-23 Montreal
Interview Result : Approved 2015-01-23
Loomis picked up passport from Montreal: 2015-01-27
Passport/visa in hand:2015-01-30

POE'd at Toronto Pearson Airport: 2015-04-01

SSN received: 2015-04-08 or so

Married : 2015-04-23

AOS/EAD/AP submitted as one : 2015-05-19

Biometrics AOS: 2015-06-15

EAD approved : 2015 July but did not receive until 2015-09-30

AOS interview: 2015-09-25

AOS approved: 2015-09-25

GC received: 2015-10-02

ROC I751 package mailed 7/19
uscis received package 7/21 as per USPS
check cashed 7/25/2017
noa i797 dated 7/21/2107/ WAC17293xxx
noa i797 received 7/27/2017

Biometrics not needed; used what was on file

Infopass i551 stamp ( 12months) done 8/17/2018

No RFE.

No Interview.

ROC approved Oct 25,2018.  i797 notice received Oct 29,2018 

PR card received Oct 30 2018 

7 hours ago, amanda_whitehead said:

Thanks for your reply. I rang the USCIS in the end to check on this, they are never that helpful but the lady seemed to think it did mean.... do the parents of your spouse work in the US government and outside the country. Just thought I would let you know incase you were in the same situation.

Oh thank you for letting me know!! My father in law is already retired (US Navy) so I guess it doesn't apply to me now?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.