2,532 posts in this topic

On 6/8/2017 at 9:25 PM, kkjiang said:

I live in west LA like 40 miles away from Laguna Niguel, it could be faster if I drive there to hand them the package.  LOL

This is so funny! I was just telling my husband the same thing! Laguna Niguel is only a 2 hour drive from our place. :D I mailed my package yesterday and the estimated delivery date is tomorrow :D

On 6/9/2017 at 4:25 AM, piano said:

NOA1 received yesterday.

19 hours ago, Hasi&Muzzy said:

NOA 1 receiced today, with the date 6/5/17....

Good for you guys!! Hope to receive mine next week!! :D

Mailed pkg to csc and it was delivered on the 5th but the check has not been cashed yet and no noa yet. Probably this week we will get it. 

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

I just submitted my RoC a few days ago, so I have a few questions:

• After how long should I expect an RFE (if it happens)?
  • Does everybody get the biometrics appointment? How long does it take to get this appointment?
  • If they request us to go for an interview, how many months after submitting my application does this happen?

As for evidence, I sent a joint tax return transcript, a joint car insurance policy, and about 20 pictures of us in the last 3 years.

1 hour ago, dannymx said:

I just submitted my RoC a few days ago, so I have a few questions:

• After how long should I expect an RFE (if it happens)?
  • Does everybody get the biometrics appointment? How long does it take to get this appointment?
  • If they request us to go for an interview, how many months after submitting my application does this happen?

As for evidence, I sent a joint tax return transcript, a joint car insurance policy, and about 20 pictures of us in the last 3 years.

dannymx,

An RFE pretty much at any point during your case.  Some that I have read, receive it once the application is received.  Some others receive it once their file is being revised by an agent of the Department of Homeland Security.  Again, its all a crapshoot.  Everyone does receive a biometrics appointment shortly after they receive your application.  That will have a date in which you have to go to the designated location to get your picture taken as well as your fingerprints.  Usually interviews, if you are asked for one, is that last step before you remove the conditions of your green card.  Right now it is taking about 12 months to go through the process so if you are asked for an interview, my guess would be that you would be notified 10 months or so, after they receive your application.  

Again, I am not a legal professional, but based on other members posts, I am able to deduce that information.  Everyone's journey through the process is different.  Good Luck in yours.

ROC

5/31/17 mailed packet to CSC priority mail

6/05/17 NOA1 received.  (Dated 6/1/2017)

6/17/17 NOA2 received.  Biometrics Appt. on 6/27

6/27/17 Biometrics completed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey, guys... I was supposed to send my package today, but still waiting for my last bank statement - they said should be received today, so "the box" will be sent tomorrow.

Anyway, maybe this delay is for the better, because  I got "last moment" questions ;) 

1. "Other name used" - do i have to write only my maiden name as other name used" ?... I'm confused because the sample of I-751 shows and given name. Despite the fact it's the same  name, listed in box 1.b.

2.  Part 7. Petitioner’s Statement, Contact Information, Acknowledgement of Appointment at USCIS Application Support Center, Certification, and Signature.  - I printed (wrote) my name in "Acknowledgment of Appointment" box, and then just signed with my regular signature in "Petitioner's Signature' box. My husband did the same in his Part 8. Spouse’s...  Is that correct? 

3. Passport pictures are no needed with -I-751 submission, right? And we don't include copies of passport pages, marriage certificate?...

4. How did you, guys, attach the check? Just with a paper clip on the top of your Cover letter?..

Sorry if all of these have been answered before.. Any insights will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

@Ksenia_O

1. "Other name used" - do i have to write only my maiden name as other name used" ?... I'm confused because the sample of I-751 shows and given name. Despite the fact it's the same  name, listed in box 1.b. - If you did not acquire your husband last name or did not change your name at all then you dont have to write anything on that part, but if you changed your name because of marriage then put your complete name on that field prior to your marriage

2.  Part 7. Petitioner’s Statement, Contact Information, Acknowledgement of Appointment at USCIS Application Support Center, Certification, and Signature.  - I printed (wrote) my name in "Acknowledgment of Appointment" box, and then just signed with my regular signature in "Petitioner's Signature' box. My husband did the same in his Part 8. Spouse’s...  Is that correct? - If your husband is the US citizen then that is correct.

3. Passport pictures are no needed with -I-751 submission, right? And we don't include copies of passport pages, marriage certificate?... - Passport picture is for applicant living outside the US and yes you dont have to provide marriage certificate if you already provided during your AOS.

4. How did you, guys, attach the check? Just with a paper clip on the top of your Cover letter?.. - Yes, just put the check on top left side of your cover letter with paper clip so they can see it easily.

Hope this helps

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail - END OF I-751 JOURNEY!

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12/18

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

02/28/19: In Line for Interview

03/01/19: Interview Date is on 04/08/19

04/08/19: Interview Day: Approved on the spot

04/09/19: We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony 

04/12/19: Oath Letter arrived in the mail

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

DS-11 - APPLICATION FOR US PASSPORT BOOK AND CARD

05/02/19: Submitted application thru USPS - Expedited
05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

05/11/19: Passport book received thru USPS Priority Mail

05/13/19: Passport card received

05/14/19: Naturalization Certificate back - END OF PASSPORT APPLICATION!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Lemon23 said:

@Ksenia_O

1. "Other name used" - do i have to write only my maiden name as other name used" ?... I'm confused because the sample of I-751 shows and given name. Despite the fact it's the same  name, listed in box 1.b. - If you did not acquire your husband last name or did not change your name at all then you dont have to write anything on that part, but if you changed your name because of marriage then put your complete name on that field prior to your marriage

2.  Part 7. Petitioner’s Statement, Contact Information, Acknowledgement of Appointment at USCIS Application Support Center, Certification, and Signature.  - I printed (wrote) my name in "Acknowledgment of Appointment" box, and then just signed with my regular signature in "Petitioner's Signature' box. My husband did the same in his Part 8. Spouse’s...  Is that correct? - If your husband is the US citizen then that is correct.

3. Passport pictures are no needed with -I-751 submission, right? And we don't include copies of passport pages, marriage certificate?... - Passport picture is for applicant living outside the US and yes you dont have to provide marriage certificate if you already provided during your AOS.

4. How did you, guys, attach the check? Just with a paper clip on the top of your Cover letter?.. - Yes, just put the check on top left side of your cover letter with paper clip so they can see it easily.

Hope this helps

Thank you, Lemon23! Appreciate your help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
18 hours ago, jrwh1177 said:

dannymx,

An RFE pretty much at any point during your case.  Some that I have read, receive it once the application is received.  Some others receive it once their file is being revised by an agent of the Department of Homeland Security.  Again, its all a crapshoot.  Everyone does receive a biometrics appointment shortly after they receive your application.  That will have a date in which you have to go to the designated location to get your picture taken as well as your fingerprints.  Usually interviews, if you are asked for one, is that last step before you remove the conditions of your green card.  Right now it is taking about 12 months to go through the process so if you are asked for an interview, my guess would be that you would be notified 10 months or so, after they receive your application.  

Again, I am not a legal professional, but based on other members posts, I am able to deduce that information.  Everyone's journey through the process is different.  Good Luck in yours.

Thanks a lot for your answer, it helps a lot.

Do you know if there's a Google Spreadsheet for June 2017 filers? Here's the one for April's filers. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t335PrkwxPk7sRryv02NH3vrWHy0vlkBxjmPy5VYJO8/edit#gid=0

Seems like it's about 1 month (or less) for the appointment. I also checked the May 2016 filers (a year ago) and they were being approved at around 200-250 days from form submission. Seems like things have gotten really slow at the service centers :/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Ksenia_O said:

Thank you, Lemon23! Appreciate your help!

Yes to all of the above. I did include my Maiden name and my 1st married name from previous marriage . I did take a photocopy of my marriage certificate and license. I'd rather have more than enough over not enough. I received my letter to file today. And mailing my packet out the 19th.  I will be filing a week early due to us being in my home country on my actual date to file. Hope they don't reject it.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, faith spatz said:

Yes to all of the above. I did include my Maiden name and my 1st married name from previous marriage . I did take a photocopy of my marriage certificate and license. I'd rather have more than enough over not enough. I received my letter to file today. And mailing my packet out the 19th.  I will be filing a week early due to us being in my home country on my actual date to file. Hope they don't reject it.

Oh.. Do you have anybody you trust to send your package while you are gone?... It has happened a lot - people sent their documents a little earlier, some like really "a little" -  1 day or two... and got rejected.. 

33 minutes ago, faith spatz said:

Agree on what others advised as well. It will be wise not to file early since there are a number of similar scenarios in this forum where USCIS rejected the application. Hope you send yours within the 90 day window!

6 hours ago, Ksenia_O said:

Hey, guys... I was supposed to send my package today, but still waiting for my last bank statement - they said should be received today, so "the box" will be sent tomorrow.

Anyway, maybe this delay is for the better, because  I got "last moment" questions ;) 

1. "Other name used" - do i have to write only my maiden name as other name used" ?... I'm confused because the sample of I-751 shows and given name. Despite the fact it's the same  name, listed in box 1.b.

2.  Part 7. Petitioner’s Statement, Contact Information, Acknowledgement of Appointment at USCIS Application Support Center, Certification, and Signature.  - I printed (wrote) my name in "Acknowledgment of Appointment" box, and then just signed with my regular signature in "Petitioner's Signature' box. My husband did the same in his Part 8. Spouse’s...  Is that correct? 

3. Passport pictures are no needed with -I-751 submission, right? And we don't include copies of passport pages, marriage certificate?...

4. How did you, guys, attach the check? Just with a paper clip on the top of your Cover letter?..

Sorry if all of these have been answered before.. Any insights will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Hello, Ksenia. When filling your I-751, did you leave in blank all spaces not applicable? I mean, if you are not using a translator or preparer or there are no children, for instance... or did you write N/A?

Thanks again!!

2 minutes ago, Ruany said:

Hello, Ksenia. When filling your I-751, did you leave in blank all spaces not applicable? I mean, if you are not using a translator or preparer or there are no children, for instance... or did you write N/A?

Thanks again!!

Just jumping in to say that I did write N/A and did not leave any blank spaces. I wrote None to the children part since we don't have any children. Here's what's in the instructions:

3. Answer all questions fully and accurately. If a question does not apply to you (for example, if you have never been married and the question asks “Provide the name of your current spouse”), type or print “N/A,” unless otherwise directed. If your answer to a question which requires a numeric response is zero or none (for example, “How many children do you have” or “How many times have you departed the United States”), type or print “None,” unless otherwise directed.

On 6/8/2017 at 11:16 PM, amanda_whitehead said:

N400 is for citizenship.

Only problem with a green card is that if you leave the USA for more than 6mths they can stop you from re-entering the country. So for example: if you have family overseas like I do and you had to move back for a while to take care of someone who is ill then you can't go for more than 6mths

Thanks and to you Pau_Pau and Ksenia_O.- did not know that.    All my family are still in Canada so I will be returning there quite often. 

I saw someone posting the question about  how long does it take before you are told about the biometric appointment - does anyone know the answer? I will be in Canada early to mid August and  am trying to time it so that letter does not show up and/or asking for appointment during that time.  The earliest I can file is Jun 28 ( I used the calculator that someone posted in another forum) . 

the NOA1 basically gives us another year on the GC's expiration date, correct? I would like to get that before I leave for Canada as added protection even though my GC does not expire until Sep 25. 

I-129F Sent : 2014-09-15
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-09-24
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-20
NVC Left : 2014-11-05
Packet 3 Received : 2014-11-13
Packet 4 Received : 2014-12-05
Medical : 2014-12-19
Interview Date : 2015-01-23 Montreal
Interview Result : Approved 2015-01-23
Loomis picked up passport from Montreal: 2015-01-27
Passport/visa in hand:2015-01-30

POE'd at Toronto Pearson Airport: 2015-04-01

SSN received: 2015-04-08 or so

Married : 2015-04-23

AOS/EAD/AP submitted as one : 2015-05-19

Biometrics AOS: 2015-06-15

EAD approved : 2015 July but did not receive until 2015-09-30

AOS interview: 2015-09-25

AOS approved: 2015-09-25

GC received: 2015-10-02

ROC I751 package mailed 7/19
uscis received package 7/21 as per USPS
check cashed 7/25/2017
noa i797 dated 7/21/2107/ WAC17293xxx
noa i797 received 7/27/2017

Biometrics not needed; used what was on file

Infopass i551 stamp ( 12months) done 8/17/2018

No RFE.

No Interview.

ROC approved Oct 25,2018.  i797 notice received Oct 29,2018 

PR card received Oct 30 2018 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.