1,512 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My PD is May 30th as well with TSC. I’m happy for June approvals but I also really want them to work on ours as well. I hate how mysterious this whole process is. I’ve no idea how there are still pending cases in May while June is being approved if they work on cases in chronological order like they say they do. I check my mail every day as soon as I get home. I refresh the app like a 100 Times a day. I miss my husband so much. It’s so depressing and frustrating :( 

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

3 hours ago, Abies said:

Congratulations on your approval but this is a May 2017 thread 

My apologies. I thought some people might want to know what dates they are approving.

If a moderator is here please delete my posts.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, MahiAS said:

My PD is May 30th as well with TSC. I’m happy for June approvals but I also really want them to work on ours as well. I hate how mysterious this whole process is. I’ve no idea how there are still pending cases in May while June is being approved if they work on cases in chronological order like they say they do. I check my mail every day as soon as I get home. I refresh the app like a 100 Times a day. I miss my husband so much. It’s so depressing and frustrating :( 

2 hours ago, Ana M. said:

My PD is May 30, Texas Service Center. I see that some June application are approved. Mine says 195 days, why they are not working on may cases and are approving june cases. 😔

Hi Anna and Mahias.

It's okay, My PD date is April 28th, TSC, (see my signature for more details)

My case was over 226 days. I called Tier 2, they said they JUST started looking at my case on Nov 30th. It should take a week to 10 days for approval after Nov 30th for me.

You guys should expect something by end of December. Just don't worry, don't read these boards too often. LOL, it may stress you out too much knowing May people are basically done... (I'm April!) lol

CR1 Journey for US Citizen (USC) with Spouse (China)

Service Center: Texas Service Center

2/14/17 - Got married

4/23/17 - Mailed I-130 via UPS

4/26/17 - Received by USCIS; Priority Date (PD)

4/28/17 - NOA1 (I-797C mailed out by USCIS)

4/30/17 - Received text (no email) notification of Case #

5/06/17 - I-797C hardcopy recieved

... <the wait> ...

Estimated I-130 approval according to VJ: Nov 3 - 9, 2017

USCIS Officer Start Reviewing my Case: Nov 30, 2017 (according to Tier 2 support)

My personal estimation: Dec 10, 2017

Actual I-130 approval: Jan 31, 2018 (280 days or ~9 mons)

2018-03-15 - USCIS ship package to NVC; NVC receives package from USCIS on 2018-03-26

2018-05-14 - NVC Case Created; NVC Case # assigned (Welcome Letter PDF via Email on 2017-05-17)

2018-05-30 - DS-261 (Agent Choice) submitted, AOS Fee paid (next day processed)

2018-06-18 - IV fee paid (IV fee invoice generated earlier on 06/12)

2018-06-23 - DS-260 (IV application) submitted
2018-08-06 - I-864 (AOS) + AOS support docs + DS-260 (IV) + IV support docs mailed (Could have ship this out faster, maybe 1.5 mons faster)

2018-08-14 - NVC declares Case Complete; NVC ships physical package to Guangzhou on 2018-08-22 + emailed copy 08-23

2018-08-22 - Email notification from NVC for scheduled interview for Sep 25, 2018 at 8:30am; includes Medical Exam instructions

2018-09-07 - Medical Exam in Shanghai scheduled; Results delayed due to need for extra Sputum+Phlegm test for Tuberculosis (+8 week wait)

2018-09-16 - 3 days of Sputnum TB test; need to wait 8 weeks

2018-09-25 - Missed scheduled Guangzhou interview due to lack of medical exam results (still waiting)

2018-11-19 - Med. Exam results ready; Email notification from NVC for scheduled interview for Nov 29, 2018 at 9:10am

2018-11-29 - Missed scheduled Guangzhou CR1 interview due to conflict schedule; NVC re-schedules for Dec 4, 2018 at 8:10am

2018-12-04 - Attended Guangzhou CR1 interview - SUCCESS!

2018-12-11 - Passport received with CR1 Visa Stamp

2019-01-15 - Enter Boston (POE) - Official permanent resident via CR1 conditional green card

2019-01-17 - Applied & Approved for SSN at local office (should receive in mail 2 weeks); 2019-01-24 - SSN Card Recieved

2021-01-14 - I-751 packet/application submitted via USPS mail (USCIS received on 2021-01-21)
2021-01-15 - Green Card/Permanent Resident Card/I-551 Card EXPIRES, need to submit I-751 removal of conditions before this expiration date
2021-02-23 - I-797 Notice of Action  received in mail (extends expired Form I-551 (aka Green card) by 18 months; notifies $680 accepted)
2021-11-02 - Request For Evidence (RFE) (USCIS received I-751 past CR expiration date); 2021-11-13 - I replied to RFE (Extraordinary circumstances; COVID-19, Post-marked vs. Received date)
2021-12-13 -  I-797 Notice of Action received in mail (extends expired Form I-551 (aka Green card) by 24 months, likely due to RFE delay)
2022-02-10 - I-797C Notice of Action on I-751 (INTERVIEW DATE set for Mar 21, 2022)
2022-03-21 - USCIS Lifting Conditions Interview at JFK Building in Boston, MA (Approved on same day via Case Tracker)

Note: All format is YYYY-MM-DD

7 hours ago, Bonnie'n'Clyde said:

Hi guys

Just woke up to see a text from my husband with a photo of my approval notice!

PD: June 13, Texas Centre.

Best wishes to everyone waiting. :)

P.S No RFE for a missing divorce paper. Surprising.

Congratulations dear

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
18 hours ago, No-Where-Man said:

With a pending I-130, you have zero chance to be approved for a tourist visa . B1/B2 cant be guaranteed to anyone if they have the intention to immigrate to the US. You have declared your intention to immigrate when the I-130 was filed on your behalf. You will be denied with no doubt as you will be asked why you need to go. Unless it is a true emergency situation. That is a piece of the law regarding immigration intent (see number 2 and 3)

What does a visa denial under INA section 214(b) mean?

This law applies only to nonimmigrant visa categories. If you are refused a visa under section 214(b), it means that you:

• Did not sufficiently demonstrate to the consular officer that you qualify for the nonimmigrant visa category you applied for; and/or
  • Did not overcome the presumption of immigrant intent, required by law, by sufficiently demonstrating that you have strong ties to your home country that will compel you to leave the United States at the end of your temporary stay. (H-1B and L visa applicants, along with their spouse and any minor children, are excluded from this requirement.) 
  • (b) Every alien (other than a nonimmigrant described in subparagraph (L) or (V) of section 101(a)(15), and other than a nonimmigrant described in any provision of section 101(a)(15)(H)(i) except subclause (b1) of such section) shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for a visa, and the immigration officers, at the time of application for admission, that he is entitled to a nonimmigrant status under section 101(a)(15). An alien who is an officer or employee of any foreign government or of any international organization entitled to enjoy privileges, exemptions, and immunities under the International Organizations Immunities Act, or an alien who is the attendant, servant, employee, or member of the immediate family of any such alien shall not be entitled to apply for or receive an immigrant visa, or to enter the United States as an immigrant unless he executes a written waiver in the same form and substance as is prescribed by section 247(b).

It is kinda weird that most likely you will get an immigrant visa but then they deny u entry based on the intent you already legally declared. But it is the law.

Also, if you decided to do it anyway, it will NOT hurt your immigration process...totally two different things and not related in your situation. 

Wish you get approved soon. 

Thank you 😔 😔 

Waiting game gonna kill me

All glory and honour be to God, my wife called the tier 2 agent today and she was told we have been approved since December the 4th and the approval letter is on the way, no staus changed yet.

Pd. May 18th Texas

I pray that all those yet to get approved  will hear good news soon in Jesus name!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Klinspat said:

All glory and honour be to God, my wife called the tier 2 agent today and she was told we have been approved since December the 4th and the approval letter is on the way, no staus changed yet.

Pd. May 18th Texas

I pray that all those yet to get approved  will hear good news soon in Jesus name!

Congratulations on your approval 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Ana M. said:

My PD is May 30, Texas Service Center. I see that some June application are approved. Mine says 195 days, why they are not working on may cases and are approving june cases. 😔

I just called them about the same thing and my Pd May 31st Texas Service center and they are telling me to call back in 2-3 months because they are processing February 2017 applications but on VJ there are people getting approvals from TSC with priority dates that are after ours ..This whole process makes no sense ..I'm just going to stop thinking about it because it's stressing me out .😔☹

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

This is my first time posting on this thread, although I have been following and reading through the posts for the past couple of months. 

My PD is May 18 and I was getting worried after I heard nothing from USCIS and the time that VJ estimated for my approval had also passed. So I contacted my congressman's office on December 1st.

Lo and behold I got an email from the staffer today that my petition was approved on Dec 8th! On to NVC now.

Thank you to all who have posted who have gotten me through these many long months of waiting.  For those who are still waiting, best of luck! I'm sure you'll hear from them soon. 

Posting this everywhere.  Just an FYI for May Nebraska filers.  Nebraska is working at Mid-Late march but we have confirmed 2 cases where early April have gotten RFE's in the past week.  Looks like we might see some movement on early/mid april before the holidays. 

13 hours ago, JustinS said:

Posting this everywhere.  Just an FYI for May Nebraska filers.  Nebraska is working at Mid-Late march but we have confirmed 2 cases where early April have gotten RFE's in the past week.  Looks like we might see some movement on early/mid april before the holidays. 

How many holidays in US embassy?

16 minutes ago, Aina.romel said:

You can see it on the embassy web site

Hey I tried to find info about holidays .... but I had n't find anything. Can u plz tell ... how to find the list ? Thanks in advance

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.