1,512 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Finally called and got a tier 2 officer that was some what helpful. I have a May 23 priority date at Potomac center. I called and she informed me that my case had not yet been assigned to an officer from what she could tell, and that she was going to file a service request for my case. She said that right now Potomac is filing for June 1st! I don't know how I got left behind. I understand that I'm lucky to be at Potomac when others have longer waits at the dreaded Nebraska and Texas. Still, it is so frustrating to feel so close and then watch the train pass you by.

On May 30th uscis updated saying on May 18th they received my application and I heard nothing for months, I’ve actually yet to hear anything. My lawyer called me saying my application was no longer in Nebraska but at the Portland USCIS Center which doesn’t show on the uscis website. 

So that may be the case for a lot of Portlanders if any are out there reading this. 

🤞🏻 Stay hopeful 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
18 hours ago, yekabeltre said:

Hello guys+ Nvc recieved my case on Nov 24. Now im wondering how long this process will taken. Does anybody knows?. 

Call every other day. You should get a case number very soon. 

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Timeline

When I called uscis and asked for a tier 2 person he told me that there really isn’t one and that i might be able to call the service center that my case is at, I found the number on google for Texas service center but it never rings it just beeps directly (busy) does anyone know how I can talk to a tier 2 person 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:57 PM, stricky said:

Finally called and got a tier 2 officer that was some what helpful. I have a May 23 priority date at Potomac center. I called and she informed me that my case had not yet been assigned to an officer from what she could tell, and that she was going to file a service request for my case. She said that right now Potomac is filing for June 1st! I don't know how I got left behind. I understand that I'm lucky to be at Potomac when others have longer waits at the dreaded Nebraska and Texas. Still, it is so frustrating to feel so close and then watch the train pass you by.

I feel the same way. We are  PD 4-19. I have done a case inquiry and spoke to Tier 2 officer and the response was the same. We are in line to be reviewed. That's it. Happy for all the approvals but sad feeling like we  should  have been approved 2 months ago<_<

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

"I feel the same way. We are  PD 4-19. I have done a case inquiry and spoke to Tier 2 officer and the response was the same. We are in line to be reviewed. That's it. Happy for all the approvals but sad feeling like we  should  have been approved 2 months ago<_<"

When did you file your service request? and have you heard anything back yet? They told me I would receive a letter in 2 weeks or so. Do you know what we're supposed to do if they get to July and our cases haven't even been adjudicated yet?

Edited by stricky

Timeline
2 hours ago, stricky said:

"I feel the same way. We are  PD 4-19. I have done a case inquiry and spoke to Tier 2 officer and the response was the same. We are in line to be reviewed. That's it. Happy for all the approvals but sad feeling like we  should  have been approved 2 months ago<_<"

When did you file your service request? and have you heard anything back yet? They told me I would receive a letter in 2 weeks or so. Do you know what we're supposed to do if they get to July and our cases haven't even been adjudicated yet?

USCIS was never accurate or predictable. You can file a service request on your case online, or by calling, after 180 days passed from your NOA1 date. There is no guarantee of a favorable outcome, you really never know if it will make a difference but it never hurts to try. I hope you hear good news very soon. waiting is really hard. Good luck 

Edited by No-Where-Man

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
42 minutes ago, No-Where-Man said:

USCIS was never accurate or predictable. You can file a service request on your case online, or by calling, after 180 days passed from your NOA1 date. There is no guarantee of a favorable outcome, you really never know if it will make a difference but it never hurts to try. I hope you hear good news very soon. waiting is really hard. Good luck 

We too have passed 195 days... wanted to know how to file service request online?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Shaista & Aaftab said:

We too have passed 195 days... wanted to know how to file service request online?

Use this link

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do

Timeline
36 minutes ago, No-Where-Man said:

I tried filing a service request but it wont let me. It just says that your case is within normal processing times. 
But its been more than 200 days for me now..

Status change 2 weeks ago saying name was update and email that Day my case is in initial review people told me is a good thing but not receive my approbation I´m so sad 214 days now may 2 Texas Service Center 😞😞

Edited by Genesis11

Timeline
On 12/1/2017 at 12:11 PM, Harmeet Kaur said:

I tried filing a service request but it wont let me. It just says that your case is within normal processing times. 
But its been more than 200 days for me now..

Same here.. online website said ur case is withing normal processing time..texas, May 9 

Hi! We sent our Respond to RFE last Monday and received an email yesterday that they are going to review our cases again. Also, our case status changed, finally. Praying for our case approval soon. 🙏🙏🙏

Screenshot_20171202-035608.png

Edited by Cal & Chat

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone,

after 182 days of waiting and being unable to reach a tier2 officer over the phone, we decided to file a service request online. Only 4 days later, I received an email, telling me that our I-130 has been recently approved and that the approval notice is on its way. We are so happy!

I hope that gives you a little hope!

Good luck to everyone, hang in there!

NOA1 May 30

Potomac Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.