JessieABC

NVC - May 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

892 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AJR19 said:

according to new pcc rule you'll get a pcc with the married status if you mentioned "married" in the pcc form.. you shouldn't have got a new passport.. you should've update the passport credentials. That way your passport number would be same and you'd get your spouse name on it. Even if you don't have your spouse name on your passport it doesn't matter because you have a marriage certificate to prove who Your spouse is. 

I asked the passport officer and he said that they cant make changes to current passport. To make any changes I had to get a new passport. And this was just last month unless there came a new rule in last 15-20 days. 

And they refused to accept my request for PCC unless I had spouse name on my passport coz I mentioned 'married' on the form. CRAZY!!! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Shugi said:

I didnt want to change my passport but the passport officer would not give me a PCC unless I added my spouse's name. And any addition or change in a passport means a new passport. They did not leave me a choice but to get a new passport. Supposedly its a law that once you get married you have to add your spouse's name- which I wasnt aware of untill I needed a PCC. And I believe it goes for women mainly coz they are apparently known by their husband's name. 🙄 No one asks a guy if his wife's name is added on the passport to get a PCC. 

On the contrary I did not change my name.  

The officer asked about me, how we met, when we got married, if I was in the US currently etc. ect., but that's it.

Not sure if this "law" applies to women or what... 🙄🤷🏽‍♀️

Sorry that you had to go through all that. 😬

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

12 hours ago, amul said:

The officer asked about me, how we met, when we got married, if I was in the US currently etc. ect., but that's it.

I am just hoping that everything goes smooth and I get case complete soon. Fingers crossed! 

13 hours ago, amul said:

Did you get your PCC without changing anything on your passport? Did you have your spouse's name mentioned on the passport already? What state you from?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Shugi said:

Did you get your PCC without changing anything on your passport? Did you have your spouse's name mentioned on the passport already? What state you from?

The PCC was for my husband. He got it without requiring a new passport or having to make any changes to it. He is from UP. 

Spoiler

USCIS
02/20/17 RFE Response

NVC 

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

ROC

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
23 hours ago, Shugi said:

I asked the passport officer and he said that they cant make changes to current passport. To make any changes I had to get a new passport. And this was just last month unless there came a new rule in last 15-20 days. 

And they refused to accept my request for PCC unless I had spouse name on my passport coz I mentioned 'married' on the form. CRAZY!!! 

go to http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink register on this site of you haven't. After logging in there will be options select the first option "apply for fresh passport/ Reissue of passport". After clicking on that it will ask you for selection of method. You can either download the form, fill it and submit or fill it online. Select the method by filling online. After clicking on the method select "re-issue of passport". And select the option "change in existing personal particular" and then select "spouse name". Then select type of application: tatkal or normal and then the no. Of pages in passport. Then click next. Then fill the form and make the payment and then make an appointment at the nearest passport office on the same website. Go with docs and it'll they'll reissue the same passport. Check out the picture it has the options to select. 

And the passport officer was right. You'll get a new passport but it will be a re-issued passport. It was a mistake to get a fresh passport. You should've got it re-issued.

IMG_3244.PNG

Edited by AJR19

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Mashedm said:

Thank you! I'm dreading getting an RFE, I wonder how long that sets the process back? We just have to remain positive, I guess.

Good luck everyone, hoping to see some CC's here in the 8-9 week mark. 

Unfortunately, a checklist would set you back 9-11 weeks. Everyone is dreading them :(

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

On 6/10/2017 at 11:05 PM, AJR19 said:

go to http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink register on this site of you haven't. After logging in there will be options select the first option "apply for fresh passport/ Reissue of passport". After clicking on that it will ask you for selection of method. You can either download the form, fill it and submit or fill it online. Select the method by filling online. After clicking on the method select "re-issue of passport". And select the option "change in existing personal particular" and then select "spouse name". Then select type of application: tatkal or normal and then the no. Of pages in passport. Then click next. Then fill the form and make the payment and then make an appointment at the nearest passport office on the same website. Go with docs and it'll they'll reissue the same passport. Check out the picture it has the options to select. 

And the passport officer was right. You'll get a new passport but it will be a re-issued passport. It was a mistake to get a fresh passport. You should've got it re-issued.

IMG_3244.PNG

Thank you for the info. However I asked with the officer and he confirmed that the passport number will be different coz its a new passport printed. Even in the case of 're issue' its a new passport number. :(  

Timeline
9 hours ago, Mashedm said:

Thank you! I'm dreading getting an RFE, I wonder how long that sets the process back? We just have to remain positive, I guess.

Good luck everyone, hoping to see some CC's here in the 8-9 week mark. 

Yes the checklist seems to reset the clock, hence the 11 week wait can become a 22 week wait. There was a time, NVC turn around times were 1-3 weeks tops. Not anymore....or at least for the moment this is the way things are. :blink:

Stay positive and strong! (F)

Spoiler

USCIS
02/20/17 RFE Response

NVC 

ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 6/12/2017 at 4:42 PM, Shugi said:

Thank you for the info. However I asked with the officer and he confirmed that the passport number will be different coz its a new passport printed. Even in the case of 're issue' its a new passport number. :(  

I don't know what to say because my cousin got married and got his passport updated with the same passport number. Passport number is you identity which never change even when it expires. You should call this number 1800-258-1800 and ask them about this thing. It's a toll free number of Passport Seva. They will assist you better. And for NVC , it can be a little problem as far as i think because the visa is based on your petition (I-130) and you have provided them a different passport no. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

First Scan Date: January 30, 2017

Second Scan Date: May 15, 2017

Embassy: Stockholm (no consular processing though)

Expected CC: end July 2017

In April received a notice requesting proof of my Irish husband's right to reside in Sweden. So basically they want proof that the EU exists :wacko: 

On 6/13/2017 at 3:48 PM, AJR19 said:

I don't know what to say because my cousin got married and got his passport updated with the same passport number. Passport number is you identity which never change even when it expires. You should call this number 1800-258-1800 and ask them about this thing. It's a toll free number of Passport Seva. They will assist you better. And for NVC , it can be a little problem as far as i think because the visa is based on your petition (I-130) and you have provided them a different passport no. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I doubt. Coz your passport number changes every time you make changes to it, wether its re issue or new passport. Here is what I found on the internet:

'Pushp Dev Singh Gill, Practicing lawyer since 1977 and authorized Notary Public of Govt since 1998.

Yes you should get your passport updated in view of your marriage from single to married. Your case should fall In clause 4 reissue of passport for change in status.

Schedule and appointment to this effect , attend the same and take the marriage certificate with you.

A fresh passport with another validity of ten years wil be issued to you. If you don't get it updated on this account it will amount of concealing of facts which could hamper your interests in future and may create obstacles when you and your wife travel abroad together,,when you sponsor her if you are abroad etc etc...'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.