DGTB

Washington, DC Field Office Filers

1,041 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Gah, can't stop thinking about the oath ceremony! Does anyone know how often the Washington Field Office has the ceremonies? 

4 hours ago, Smelserjl said:

Gah, can't stop thinking about the oath ceremony! Does anyone know how often the Washington Field Office has the ceremonies? 

How long did your N400 process take?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, emcia_81 said:

How long did your N400 process take?

We applied around March 28th and had the interview yesterday (Washington Field Office). I know I need to update my timeline!

7 minutes ago, Smelserjl said:

We applied around March 28th and had the interview yesterday (Washington Field Office). I know I need to update my timeline!

:) That's not bad at all. How was the interview? I am about to apply for my N400 tomorrow.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, emcia_81 said:

:) That's not bad at all. How was the interview? I am about to apply for my N400 tomorrow.

Not bad! Just study the 100 questions book for the civics and be prepared to bring EVERYTHING that you send along with your N400 application, because they probably will ask for it even if you sent it or uploaded it online. Taxes, bank statements, birth certificates, etc. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
9 hours ago, Smelserjl said:

Join the club. I was put in line for Oath Ceremony since Sep 21, and I am still waiting for the date. it is very frustrating.

One of the officers told me that for those like me (live in proper DC) have to wait until there is 75 people for oath to be scheduled. He couldn't say when that will be. I am surprised it is so hard to hit the number, I thought the issue is too many people.

I hope my oath will happen in Nov 13.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Bambi_DC said:

Join the club. I was put in line for Oath Ceremony since Sep 21, and I am still waiting for the date. it is very frustrating.

One of the officers told me that for those like me (live in proper DC) have to wait until there is 75 people for oath to be scheduled. He couldn't say when that will be. I am surprised it is so hard to hit the number, I thought the issue is too many people.

Ah had no idea there was a quota. That does seem surprising since when we were in the waiting room, there had to be at least 10 people that went up to be interviewed (and we were there an hour and half). 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
6 hours ago, Smelserjl said:

Ah had no idea there was a quota. That does seem surprising since when we were in the waiting room, there had to be at least 10 people that went up to be interviewed (and we were there an hour and half). 

Yeah - I went to Prosperity Office (without Infopass as I am unable to get one).

I ended up speaking only to the front desk officer at check-in.  She ended up calling another officer who was just passing by. He is the one who talked about the quota and asked me to be patient.

On 11/1/2018 at 4:56 PM, Bambi_DC said:

Do you know, or does anyone else happen to know, if the judicial ceremonies in Alexandria for people with Virginia addresses have 75 applicants limit too, or are they larger?

Has anyone attempted a walk in biometrics in Alexandria? I am about to submitt my N400 application online and I have two international trips scheduled this month and in December. I called USCIS and asked if I need to have my biometrics done before I leave the country. He couldn't really give me a straight answer. Basilcally,  he said I shouldn't have an issue returning if I don't have my biometrics done with the new application but it's my call to make. The last time I was at the biometric center there was just a few peple so I wouldn't imagine having an issue with the walk in if I provide them my travel documents. Any experience?

On 11/8/2018 at 9:28 AM, emcia_81 said:

Has anyone attempted a walk in biometrics in Alexandria? I am about to submitt my N400 application online and I have two international trips scheduled this month and in December. I called USCIS and asked if I need to have my biometrics done before I leave the country. He couldn't really give me a straight answer. Basilcally,  he said I shouldn't have an issue returning if I don't have my biometrics done with the new application but it's my call to make. The last time I was at the biometric center there was just a few peple so I wouldn't imagine having an issue with the walk in if I provide them my travel documents. Any experience?

Tons of people, like me, have done walk-in with no problems at all. All you need is your biometrics letter and ID; they don't look at the date at all.

16 minutes ago, MahUSA said:

Any parking advice(s) for the DC field office?

Just across the street it's free for 2 hours.  I am not sure how much it is after. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.