DGTB

Washington, DC Field Office Filers

1,041 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I've been following this thread and just signed up to post my experience and a question.

I've had my GC for 5 years now and also married (to a US Citizen) for a little over 5 years but recently applied for the citizenship under the 3 year rule because I figured either way was the same. 

I had my interview last Thursday in which I had these documents: taxes for the last 4 years (took an extra year than required), took our lease documents which covered from 2016  and on (we lived with my parents before that), I took our separate bank statements from 3 years back which showed the same address since we don't have any joint accounts, also took car insurance for the past 3 years. 

After everything was said and done, I had passed all the tests but on the paper it said "A decision cannot yet be made about your application."

Anyone have any experience with this at this location? I just figured with all the paperwork and with me holding my GC over 5 years I would've been approved on the spot. 

Couple things to mention:

- I did tell her that I no longer work at the same location as the application as I'm starting elsewhere in 3 weeks.

- She asked if I've had a traffic citation in the past 5 years, I said yes, a couple of years ago. I believe the fine was $200. But I don't remember this being asked in the application. 

- I'm not sure if any of this or the fact that my wife and I don't have a joint account made an impact. Figured since I'm a 5 year GC holder, it wouldn't anyhow. 

Any advice is welcome! Hoping nothing went wrong. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, nabeel24 said:

Hey everyone. I've been following this thread and just signed up to post my experience and a question.

I've had my GC for 5 years now and also married (to a US Citizen) for a little over 5 years but recently applied for the citizenship under the 3 year rule because I figured either way was the same. 

I had my interview last Thursday in which I had these documents: taxes for the last 4 years (took an extra year than required), took our lease documents which covered from 2016  and on (we lived with my parents before that), I took our separate bank statements from 3 years back which showed the same address since we don't have any joint accounts, also took car insurance for the past 3 years. 

After everything was said and done, I had passed all the tests but on the paper it said "A decision cannot yet be made about your application."

Anyone have any experience with this at this location? I just figured with all the paperwork and with me holding my GC over 5 years I would've been approved on the spot. 

Couple things to mention:

- I did tell her that I no longer work at the same location as the application as I'm starting elsewhere in 3 weeks.

- She asked if I've had a traffic citation in the past 5 years, I said yes, a couple of years ago. I believe the fine was $200. But I don't remember this being asked in the application. 

- I'm not sure if any of this or the fact that my wife and I don't have a joint account made an impact. Figured since I'm a 5 year GC holder, it wouldn't anyhow. 

Any advice is welcome! Hoping nothing went wrong. Thank you!

I am not sure if those factors made an impact but I read an article before that not having a joint account with your spouse could lead to more questions for evidence. But since she did not ask for further evidence, I do not know how much of an impact it is on your processing time. I think it'd have been less of a hassle if you had applied based on the 5-year rule. Do you mind telling us when did you file your application?

9 minutes ago, MahUSA said:

I am not sure if those factors made an impact but I read an article before that not having a joint account with your spouse could lead to more questions for evidence. But since she did not ask for further evidence, I do not know how much of an impact it is on your processing time. I think it'd have been less of a hassle if you had applied based on the 5-year rule. Do you mind telling us when did you file your application?

Hmm. Darn. She did say IF she required more documents, I would receive a letter in the mail in 1-2 weeks for that information. If not, then a decision letter within 2 months. 

Here's the timeline:

08/11/2017 - Mailed N400 form

09/05/2017 - Did Fingerprint

03/08/2018 - Interview Scheduled

04/12/2018 - Interview

• 2 weeks later...

any 319(b) filers from Dc.. Had my BIo metrics done on April 19th but no update since then.

Thanks

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Marriage (if applicable): 2011-05-30

I-130 Sent : 2011-12-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-12-12

I-130 RFE : 2012-02-11

I-130 RFE Sent : 2012-02-13

I-130 Approved : 2012-03-05

NVC Received : 2012-03-27

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-03-28

Pay I-864 Bill 2012-03-29

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 :

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2012-03-30

Receive IV Bill : 2012-04-04

Pay IV Bill : 2012-04-06

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2012-07-12

NVC Left : 2012-07-12

Consulate Received : 2012-07-13

Packet 3 Received : 2012-07-13

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2012-08-06 Submit Review

Interview Result : Administrative Review

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments : After a year, a second medical and police report was asked and completed last week. Got an email stating to send in her passport via DX to the US embassy.July 9, 2013

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 84 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 238 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
On ‎2018‎年‎4‎月‎6‎日 at 4:43 PM, M Sea said:

Hi there! Thanks for asking. Here's my case;

UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|Int Ltr..|Intrview.|Oath.....|Field Office.....|

M Sea............|        |07/10|--/--|--/--|08/04/17|08/22/17.|02/02/18.|03/12/18.|--/--/--.|Washington, DC...|

Please note; I actually was scheduled on 12 Aug. 2018 for my biometrics though I knew I was supposed to be out of town at that day. So I did walk in ASC and did have my biometrics done earlier (4 Aug. 2018) 

Also there's an updates today! ( as of 6 April 2018); I just got an information by email that my status has updated to Oath Ceremony will be scheduled.

Shall keep you posted ;-)

Hi there!

The date of my oath ceremony has been scheduled finally. I got a mail of the info. today. Mine will be 1st of June. It's been almost 1 year since I submitted the application for N-400. (I sent in last July!!) 

UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|Int Ltr..|Intrview.|Oath.....|Field Office.....|

M Sea............|                    |07/10|--/--|--/--     |08/04/17|08/22/17|02/02/18.|03/12/18.|06/01/18-.|Washington, DC...|

Wish you all who are waiting for the interview/oath ceremony the best luck !!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 12:02 PM, M Sea said:

What time is your citizenship on June 1.  Wonder if I could have the interview and oath ceremony the same day.

Hi there!

The date of my oath ceremony has been scheduled finally. I got a mail of the info. today. Mine will be 1st of June. It's been almost 1 year since I submitted the application for N-400. (I sent in last July!!) 

M Sea............|                    |07/10|--/--|--/--     |08/04/17|08/22/17|02/02/18.|03/12/18.|06/01/18-.|Washington, DC...|

Wish you all who are waiting for the interview/oath ceremony the best luck !!

M Sea,

What time is your citizenship on June 1?

Is there any way to know the jurisdiction of VisaJourney members filing at the Washington, DC / Fairfax, VA field office? Because the oath scheduling happens in Virginia for the Virginia filers and Washington for the District of Columbia filers, it means we are part of the processing times we are gleaming are actually from two separate court districts and not one. I'd be curious to know the status of pending filers who live in DC proper.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
On ‎2018‎年‎5‎月‎27‎日 at 5:55 PM, Waitingforczship said:

M Sea,

What time is your citizenship on June 1?

9:00am. My ceremony will be held in Alexandria! Thank God that I dont have to  drive to Fairfax :-)

Best luck to your interview !!!

Passed with approval. It took about 

45 minutes to get called. 

Cant remember all questions, but the ones I remember are shown below:

who wrote the the Declaration of Independence?

A state that borders Mexico?

The 2 political parties?

Who is in charge of the military?

president belongs to which party?

Overall,  just make sure your form is accurate and you should be good. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.