smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Does anybody know how these predicted times from this page calculated are calculated?

http://www.visajourney.com/content/times/

It shows there that the csc is processing noa1 with dates of 05/21/17

However everywhere else it is pointing to May 12th approximately. The list most recent approved cases is as well around May 12th. Where does this May 21st come from?

Screenshot_20171029-165612.png

Edited by MarkbK1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MarkbK1 said:

Does anybody know how these predicted times from this page calculated are calculated?

However everywhere else it is pointing to May 12th approximately. The list most recent approved cases is as well around May 12th. Where does this May 21st come from?

The truth is no one really knows and that small a difference in days doesn't matter. I don't mean to be short, it's just that estimates are based on what scant information we have access to + blind conjecture. They're certainly well into may though

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, MarkbK1 said:

Ok . I am somewhay confused as it says tjat this is based on VJ member data. Right at the bottom.

Thx though. 

I don't wanna delve into the numbers too much but it comes down to A) VJ members are only a small fraction of the total populace and B) there is a not insignificant delay between some/a lot of applications are actually approved and when the system is updated or people notified. Therefore there's a certain window of uncertainty, like +/- 1.5 weeks, making a 9 day difference unremarkable 

Edited by useful89

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, MarkbK1 said:

I've long suspected two things about this: 1.) there is usually a delay between when a case is approved and when notification is sent, and I would imagine it tries to take that into account. And 2.) a lot more members might just fly in, read a few posts, and put in their initial filing info and then don't look back until they get their NOA2 and then it's "Oh yeah, I guess I should put that in on that forum", if anything at all. 

As with most forums, the number of lurkers and "hardly-ever" participants tends to outnumber us active users. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Geo_nerd82 said:

No need to be rude. Fair question asked in a polite way. Too bad that such an "active" poster has such an attitude, especially considering that in all that writing no answer was given. If you dont know thats ok.

No need to feel personally offended. 

On another note as there have been no happenings at all since the noa1, what should have been written to ne an"active user"?

No answer really needed, just a rhetorical question.

Have a nice friendly day.

Edited by MarkbK1

12 hours ago, pmeyer1229 said:

you can get the spinach app (most popular) from Itunes store or Android play...however, I have 3 apps apps and find them all useless...the USCIS does not update so the app shows 2 or 3 approvals a day when we see Shoegum's scan show 50 some days. The app does not really work well for much. You can track a number...but if they don't update...nothing happens....like with Murph.

Can u believe as of right now i still have not gotten anything on app, text, website or even email yet but got hard copy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Can u believe as of right now i still have not gotten anything on app, text, website or even email yet but got hard copy.

yup and it has happened to others.

I'd pick hard copy over email, app or text notice though.

You have paper document proof in you hand..hehe

7 hours ago, kat.cap13 said:

So my case was 'ready' Oct-24 and I sent it that day and they replied quickly that they didn't receive my case yet. On Oct-25 I re-sent Packet 3 and got an email back not to schedule my interview and wait for further instructions. On Oct-27 my status was updated again on CEAC tracker and I re-sent my Packet 3..waiting to hear back...

I'm really hoping to schedule my interview tomorrow… if not I'll keep re-sending Packet 3!!

what is packet 3? i thought after noa2 we just enter the ds-160 online, then schedule medical, then interview, and we're good?

7 hours ago, Daphney said:

There are some people who live in USA ,and apply for k1 visa .some people travel there with tourist visa ,they cant married with that visa ,so they apply for k1 visa ,but they live in USA ,the country is USA , I received that notice too 

Thank you for the info. Seems to show up often on app just USA. But how does the process continue after NVC? Where does the interview take place? 

24 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

Thank you for the info. Seems to show up often on app just USA. But how does the process continue after NVC? Where does the interview take place? 

Evrything have to done in USA cuz its there they live ,now if they move they will have to change the address

Edited by Daphney

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, BaconSF said:

damn.. was hoping for a FY17 marriage here.. bad timing.

the last time i saw t it was 2 weeks ago, and it was 15 slots available for december. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Still waiting for our NOA2 here but curious if anyone knows what timing the London Embassy is running at for interviews? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.