seau055

I-751 April 2017 Filers

1,736 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife passed her naturalization interview. She answered the 6 civics questions correctly and passed the English reading/speaking/writing test too. Prior to the tests, I sat with her as the IO went through the i751 application. Everything checked out and he said he was approving that, too. Nice to be done with both. Sounds like she'll receive the 10 yr green card before the next available oath ceremony in late September. Nice to be done with both applications. Now just to wait around for the card and ceremony.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Russ&Caro said:

My wife passed her naturalization interview. She answered the 6 civics questions correctly and passed the English reading/speaking/writing test too. Prior to the tests, I sat with her as the IO went through the i751 application. Everything checked out and he said he was approving that, too. Nice to be done with both. Sounds like she'll receive the 10 yr green card before the next available oath ceremony in late September. Nice to be done with both applications. Now just to wait around for the card and ceremony.

Congrationlations

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

For any of you who is still waiting, let me share with you the response I got from my case inquiry!

This is absurd! Make sure to call, submit request, and do anything you can to push them.

Otherwise, your case may end up sleeping in a offsite storage facility eternally without being processed! And those tier 2 officers all had absolutely no clue, misinformed me about my case transferring to another service center!

20180817_170649.jpg

22 hours ago, bubblebubble said:

For any of you who is still waiting, let me share with you the response I got from my case inquiry!

This is absurd! Make sure to call, submit request, and do anything you can to push them.

Otherwise, your case may end up sleeping in a offsite storage facility eternally without being processed! And those tier 2 officers all had absolutely no clue, misinformed me about my case transferring to another service center!

20180817_170649.jpg

Shocking! 😧 How can they be so negligent with applications on which we spend so much money!  I hope you hear something soon. 

Naturalization:

12/13/18: File online application

12/15/18: Receive notification for biometrics appointment (no date)

12/31/18: Biometrics

02/25/19: Receive interview letter (April 8 )

04/08/19: Interview, approved!

04/12/19: Oath scheduled for April 26 

04/26/19: Oath Ceremony! 🇺🇸

ROC:

04/26/17:  Sent ROC package

04/27/17:  Package received

05/20/17:  Biometrics letter received

06/02/17:  Biometrics

08/22/18:  Card being produced

AOS from F1 visa:

08/16/14: Sent AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

08/19/14: Package received at Chicago Lockbox

08/22/14: Acceptance confirmation text messages/emails

08/22/14: Checks cashed

08/26/14: Hard copies of NOA's received in mail

08/27/14: Biometrics appointment notice received. Scheduled for 9/8/14.

09/08/14: Biometrics

11/14/14: File service request (Day 88)

11/24/14: EAD/AP approved (Day 98)

12/01/14: EAD mailed

12/03/14: EAD received

03/12/15: Status changed to Testing & Interview

04/16/15: Interview, no decision

07/17/15: "Your card is in production" email!

08/07/15: Card mailed

08/10/15: Card received!

~11 months, 3 weeks & 4 days from filing to green card in hand, no RFE's~

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Luxembourg
Timeline
On 8/17/2018 at 1:11 PM, bubblebubble said:

20180817_170649.jpg

You should get an answer pretty soon! Good luck!

On 8/17/2018 at 5:11 PM, bubblebubble said:

20180817_170649.jpg

That's absolutely ridiculous. Makes me nervous now. You should keep calling and bugging the hell out of them every 5 days to make sure they are absolutely on top of this.This is unacceptable and they deserve to know this is not ok. Don't stop bothering them until you get your green card. Also, have you applied for N400 yet?

Edited by mrkrabbs

Hello all,
Just an updated on my case. I received an extention letter for 18 months from the expiration date indicated on my CG  (notice date 08/11/18).
Regards,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi, I am also a 2017 April filer.   Just got my 10-year greed card in the mail yesterday.  It came with another mail which is the 18-mon extension letter. 

In May 2018 my divorce was finalized, I mailed a package to USCIS which includes:

1. My statement (which tells them the story of why I divorced and shows evidences of his behaviors)

2. A copy of my green card & I-551 stamp

3. My divorce final decree

4. My 2017 tax return

All well-labeled and with a table of content on top of them.  Don't forget to note your A# on each page. 

No question or RFE.  Also not ever called for/filed inquiry or N-400. Today the USCIS website still only shows my case "was received in May 2017..." and no update on that. 

It has been a long journey for everyone.  I am so grateful to have you folks here.  I think the best way to deal with this kind of uncertainty and stress is to get ourselves busy, really busy, mentally and physically.  Time goes by fast when we are busy.  I wish you all get your GC/N soon. Take care,  my friends! 

This is based on a recent I-751 RFE for an application made in April, 2017 for ROC. Does anyone have experience on what to provide as sufficient evidence? The document mentioned "For each spouse" and refers to "You" that is "myself". What does "For each spouse" refer to in the statement? I only have one wife, the US citizen, and I petitioned for the removal of conditions - I-751. We do not have any children together just yet but we have lived in different addresses for work reasons until the recent months. Thank you!

rfe.jpg

Edited by meenyce

Received an 18-month extension letter today for my Green Card. I filed April 17, 2017. Does everyone get these regardless of whether they filed N400 or not? Still, no updates online since the "We received your application" notification. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, meenyce said:

This is based on a recent I-751 RFE for an application made in April, 2017 for ROC. Does anyone have experience on what to provide as sufficient evidence? The document mentioned "For each spouse" and refers to "You" that is "myself". What does "For each spouse" refer to in the statement? I only have one wife, the US citizen, and I petitioned for the removal of conditions - I-751. We do not have any children together just yet but we have lived in different addresses for work reasons until the recent months. Thank you!

rfe.jpg

meenyce, I agree this is a little confusing.  I guess that in your I-751, you stated that you and your wife lived in different towns because of work, and that's why USCIS wants to know how long did you live apart and when, and most importantly whether you have evidence to show you were a real couple when you lived apart.  I will suggest you to prep:

- A statement, with an Excel table showing from when to when, your address,  your wife's address, how many mileages in between.  Build the table from Day 1 you entered the US all the way until today.  In the statement, you explain why you have to live apart, such as the job opportunities were too great to decline, you both agreed on focusing on career before xx years old,  the distance between the two towns was so significant that neither can commute in a daily basis.   Then you explain that you spent the weekends/holidays/vacations at your wife's address, or the other way around. 

- Photos of you two taken together on the weekends/holidays/vacations,  family visits, for the past 2 year,  so that you show them you two are still together as a couple although living apart. 

- Joint bank account,  print statement for the past 1 year. 

- Deed/lease that shows both names on it

- Utility bills that shows both names on it

- Life insurance/car insurance/medical insurance that shows both names on it

- Joint tax return of the past 2 years

I am surprised that they required you and your wife to respectively state if you have children from any relationship.  I thought this should have been filled in I-751 when you submitted it.  Anyway,  since the requirement is straightforward, you can add this into the statement mentioned above, and have both of your signatures at the bottom of the statement.  If you or she has children from previous relationships,  it would also be helpful if you show photos that you guys took together.  

Hope you sort this out soon.  Good luck!

6 hours ago, meenyce said:

rfe.jpg

Hello! 

so my husband and I lived apart for the whole time till a month ago too for work and school. So I feel your pain here. We didn’t end up with an RFE but I went overboard with what I sent in. (Not saying you didn’t send enough) I sent in three folders full of items. 

First to answer your question. By each spouse they mean you and your spouse as you are 2 spouses in one marriage. So by saying each spouse they mean the husband and the wife. So they mean that each of you have to submit a separate letter saying you don’t have any children either from your marriage or from any other relationships.

Btw they said separate statements from the both of you. So I would make sure you put those in separately like the requested and not with the cover letter because you need to give them what they asked for. The cover letter can be signed by both of you. 

Second obv send them the tax returns and the lists of addresses for both of you from your marriage to date. 

Now for us. I think this is how we managed not to get an RFE

I wrote a cover letter explaining that we live apart during the week but that my husband flies back to see me every two weeks minimum. I added that I had attached proof in the form of plane tickets from the beginning to date along with proof of future plane tickets to see me. I also printed out our phone bills from the beginning to date for both of us and highlighted all of our calls to each other daily. I also printed out all tickets of our vacations together. 

Also so when I worded the letter I never said we lived apart. More like stated that he went to Cali for work during the weeks and came back to our place in Nevada during the weekends. 

Also so I got letters from our friends in both places and put pictures of us with those ppl with post it’s with explanations on who they were. I also had my friends say that they knew I was going to move to Cali as soon as I finished with my work requirements. 

I also included leases with both our names at both of our addresses in both states. And added utility bills from both states in both our names. 

Also included our combined health, dental and car and rental insurances Along with documents showing we were each other’s beneficiaries. 

Also added our joint bank statements. 

I feel like the most important thing was the cover letter explaining why we chose to live apart for a short while and I also included exactly when our long distance was going to end. I had to live without my husband because if I didn’t finish my requirements in Vegas I couldn’t work anywhere in the country and he had such a good job that he couldn’t move. So if you have a really good reason as to why you lived apart you need to word that really well. 

Oh also make you say in your cover letter how hard it was for you both to decide to live apart but that you had no choice (whatever your reason is) and that you only did this because you knew it was temporary (since I assume you know you live together now) and that it was so that you both could have solid careers or whatever. Or whatever

you need to say to make them

understand that this was not an easy thing for you and that you had to do it.  

Hope this helps. Msg with questions :) 

Edited by Loading...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
19 hours ago, DC&PA said:

Hi, I am also a 2017 April filer.   Just got my 10-year greed card in the mail yesterday.  It came with another mail which is the 18-mon extension letter. 

In May 2018 my divorce was finalized, I mailed a package to USCIS which includes:

1. My statement (which tells them the story of why I divorced and shows evidences of his behaviors)

2. A copy of my green card & I-551 stamp

3. My divorce final decree

4. My 2017 tax return

All well-labeled and with a table of content on top of them.  Don't forget to note your A# on each page. 

No question or RFE.  Also not ever called for/filed inquiry or N-400. Today the USCIS website still only shows my case "was received in May 2017..." and no update on that. 

It has been a long journey for everyone.  I am so grateful to have you folks here.  I think the best way to deal with this kind of uncertainty and stress is to get ourselves busy, really busy, mentally and physically.  Time goes by fast when we are busy.  I wish you all get your GC/N soon. Take care,  my friends! 

Congratulations!! happy for you got approved .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.